Reviews for Shadows in the Mind
Mari83 chapter 20 . 4/8
Wow! Sad to see the end, but I thoroughly enjoyed the whole story! Thanks for sharing:-)
AiDiOs chapter 3 . 6/6/2013
So love this story. Lots of twists and turns.
MGabriele20 chapter 1 . 10/19/2012
ótimo
Wildfire86 chapter 20 . 1/30/2012
This is one of the best fanfics that I've read. I feel like the plot is original and extremely well written. I think it's easy to tell that you worked really hard to make this story the awesomeness that it is and I applaud your work! Is there a sequel in the works maybe? I would certainly love to read more from you :-). If you do write a sequel may I make a request?

More Kataang fluff please! :-D

Again, seriously, fantastic job!
my trancey inspiration chapter 20 . 11/3/2008
I realized you completed this fic more than a year ago. But I think it would please you to know (if writing makes you happy as it does me) that even 14 months later someone accidentally stumbled upon this story and found it absolutely amazing. I had nothing to do today, so I cracked out with laptop in lap and read the whole thing from start to finish. I feel like a complete bum, but I don't feel guilty because your story was so enthralling. I found myself eagerly clicking the 'next' button at the end of each chapter and I was intrigued at the end. I guess the spirit took up shelter in Azula's body... The work for our favorite Avatar is never done.

I actually got a review on a one-shot collection of mine in which the reveiwer told me my own one-shot reminded them of yours entitled 'Essence'. So I had to find it so I could see the similarity. It is striking, but not deliberate...mostly referring to the places Aang and Katara 'fooled around', I think you stated. ;) So after I read that one, I browsed through others, and came upon Shadows. Anyhow I just wanted to congratulate you on a story well-written and your ability to keep your head together enough to write fics and do schoolwork. Kudos.
Legate Dana Scipio chapter 20 . 9/1/2008
This is a great story. The OCs blended into the story perfectly. The swamp concept of being a kind of prison is a brilliant idea. This story felt alive. I greatly enjoyed this.
86thetomato chapter 20 . 8/15/2008
i know its been a year since you finished this story... but i just discovered it, and it is amazing... I loved it! i just thought you'd like to know that :)
cruciolicous chapter 20 . 4/27/2008
omy goodness! i'm a little confused...is this going to be a permanent thing for aang then? ouch...

and all in all, i LOVED this story. the turmoil and fear...and heck, there were actually SCARY moments- like in a movie! the transition between the different characters, from the earth kindgom to the firenation, was all very impressing as well. it was like watching the scene from "Warriors of Kyoshi" where news passed so quickly from fisherman to cook, but on a much larger scale. and i absolutely adored the conflict between katara and aang. all other fanfics portray them as a couple living in perfect harmony, brainwashing all kataangers (including me) to believe that they could never get into a fight. katara testing aang's temper was something almost new to me.

like i said, i LOVED it. i don't think i've mentioned everything i've wanted to, but theres only so much i can muster. so keep it up w/ your awesome work D.
MavsGirl22 chapter 20 . 3/14/2008
wow...

I read the majority of this story in about three days, and I've gotta say that you had me hook line and sinker from the get go! I LOVED this storyline! I totally agree with you that the swamp episode could have been so much darker, and I was pleased to see darker sides of the Avatar series in the Puppetmaster episode.

The way you took characters from the series we haven't heard from since their 15 minutes of stardom (i.e. Song and Meng) was really cool. I loved reading how the different parts of the world were taking the news of Aang and Zuko's disappearance.

That all said, I'm still a little confused on the spirit that was trapped in the swamp and his "pet" and the weird little joker spirit that was with Aang while he was "trapped". I wish you would have gone a little deeper into that story and why the Avatar trapped him there in the first place...

Anywho... all in all it was a great read! I hope to read more from you very soon!
MaeAlyse chapter 20 . 1/29/2008
This is a really aweesome story.

BEst I have read in a long ling while.
GirlWaterShaman chapter 20 . 1/14/2008
WHAT TYPE OF ENDING IS THAT?

CONTINUE!

::foams::
Shadow Wasserson chapter 20 . 11/2/2007
M.. I liked this story, overall. An interesting and well-thought out AU, exploring many aspects of the avatarverse we don't usually get to see.

I especially liked:

-How Aang ended up in the end, and the way you described it. I've wanted to see a fanfic where he suddenly remembers everything, and how much that would screw him up. It would be pretty difficult to live like that, though. Not a fate I would wish on him.

-Toph. We don't see her lose it very often, and the swamp (omg so much WATER) seemed just perfect to push her over the edge. It was very nicely done. Also, it's difficult to write from Toph's POV, and I think you did a great job.

-Bumi was awesome! Don't see nearly enough of him in fanfic.

-Mai. A unique take on her character and motivations. Very few fics actually allow her to remain so loyal to Azula, despite the fact that she went with her willingly.

-Tai Lee. Like with Toph, this is taking a character that normally acts a certain way and changing everything. I liked!

-The political manipulation. It was very believable.

- The sheer creepyness and horror in the swamp.

-Characterization in general.

And now, becasue I beleive in giving balanced reviews, some of what I didn't like as much:

-The mini-stories following minor characters were very well written and enjoyable, but they broke up the flow of the story at times, and I often forgot where, exactly, we had left the main characters at the last scene change. They might have worked better as stand-alones.

-The whole 'evil spirit loose in the swamp' premise was very effective up until about chapter 13. When the evil spirit ceased to be an unnamed malevolent force and started wearing Aang's face, it became much less threatening. Remember, the most frightening thing is the unknown and the subtle.

-The scenario was much more frightening when Mr. exposition wasn't some sort of... clown spirit? Perhaps if the one telling the story was one of the avatars, instead of whatever it was that did, it would be more effective. As is, it breaks up the tone.

Hey, keep writing! I did really like this story!

-SW
earthenfist chapter 20 . 9/1/2007
Oh, Man, I loved this story. Only the second one you've written, you say? Well, you are a natural born fanfic writer, my friend. It flowed nicely, there were no grammatical errors to detract from the story, and you used the mythos of Avatar to its fullest. You are a genious.
Heligoland chapter 20 . 8/27/2007
Wow.

So is this gonna be like a permanent thing for Aang? Either way, what an awesome bunny... the mind boggles. Reincarnation always bothered me just a little. I figured it was so pointless - what was the point of having past lives at all if you couldn't remember them? But if you had to remember all of them, constantly? You'd lose yourself, not just in time, but in meaning. The archetypes are there, but the individual situations don't matter, blur together, repeat over and over. Depressing. Terrifying. Generally yay.

I loved Zuko talking at Cai. Absolutely loved everything about it. Loyalty, my man. That's the stuff. It's hard to reconcile a loyal Mai and Zuko, but you've done it perfectly. A knife in the back is just how it works in the Fire Nation - I mean, it's their defining characteristic amongst the nations. And that's why each and every one of the nation's kind of sucks. But if they can just edge their way to a slightly less extreme position, then they actually have a chance.

It is interesting that you made the comment about Mai attaching herself to something familiar, though. It makes a lot of sense - Ty Lee always had direction of her own, but it's in Mai's makeup that she just doesn't. She's -bored- because she's not really invested in anything for herself. I think that's why the character appeals to me - directionlessness was always a favorite theme of mine.

And of course, Toph and Sokka asleep in the mud was the greatest thing ever. No wait, the inn staff finding them out there in the middle of the night was the greatest thing ever.

Hmm, a man trapped in Azula's body? Wow, I'm smelling even more irony... lol. Sorry. No, actually, I think she's just got a bad case of the penis envy. I blame Iroh. For giving her that doll and trying to force -roles- on her. Bastard.

Best ending ever. Do I dare hope for a sequel?
missmonday chapter 20 . 8/24/2007
This is now my favorite ff of all time.

I like the way you ended it because it leaves everything in a good way. I dunno how to say it but, you just left it all off well.

Anyways. I loved the whole thing!

Congratulations on finishing!