Reviews for The Father
CharlieBoneFan chapter 64 . 4/29
Wonderful story!
STARWARZMYLIFE chapter 64 . 4/28
This story caught me off guard as it isn't in accordance with the cannon. But I was pleasantly surprised. A beautifully written story that took me on a journey. It took me three days to read I was so engrossed in the plot! I again thank you for a wonderful story about Darth Vader.
STARWARZMYLIFE chapter 61 . 4/28
I am in love with this chapter! Thx for writing , I have no complaints.
This is just so damn sweet and in character!

I want an entire film, no, a TV series, about Dad Vader being excited over his lil kiddles!
PureAphelion chapter 64 . 3/29
By far the best ducking Star Wars ff so far. Good job, loved the twins (Sara/Sandra) by far my favorite characters. Gj!
-Entropy Organized
Personally I think the cloned twins were a mistake and the progression of the story feels incredibly slow
Admiral T. DeVanto chapter 64 . 1/9
This was an amazing story! It took me two days to get through it, and I wished it wasn't over. The bonding between Vader and his children was always a treat to read. I loved reading Sara and Sandra. Their interactions with Luke and Vader were so adorable. I can't tell you how many times I laughed whenever Han appeared. He was so protective of Luke! His desperate rescue attempt was awesome! And I loved the "homicidal green troll" and "garden gnome" references to Yoda. That had me laughing! Finally, the moments between Vader and Luke were my favorite. I loved that you didn't brush over anything, like Luke's training with Obi-wan, his relationship with Han, and even Leia's relationship with Bail. Also, the fact that you mentioned Talon Karde, Mara Jade, and introduced Thrawn was amazing! I can't believe that Thrawn was mentioned in here! He is one of my favorite characters. There is so much I loved about this story, and thank you for writing.
Potkanka chapter 63 . 11/24/2019
Came back after a few years to re-read this fic :) (And so I can't comment on the last chapter anymore...) Honestly, I feel like my previous review is almost too critical? I don't really see most of the problems I mentioned there. I don't know how much of it could be explained by the fact that this time I'm re-reading, because there were many parts I didn't remember anymore.

I still definitely agree with the positive parts in my review though, this fic is still so damn awesome!
Temple Cloud chapter 7 . 9/9/2019
Aaarggghh - you'd think that if Obi-Wan was willing to miss with Darth Vader's mind like this, he could have used the opportunity to convince Vader that he wanted to be calm and reasonable and stop killing people, or at least stop randomly killing innocent people who just happen to be standing nearby when he's in a bad mood. Or he could have read the memory and realised that Vader doesn't yet know who Leia is, and yet feels concerned about her, and tried to work with this.
Temple Cloud chapter 5 . 9/9/2019
I'm enjoying this story, including meeting teenage Han (I'd thought there was more of an age gap between him and the twins than the four years or so here, but never mind). I like the idea of Luke and Obi-Wan playing the telepathic version of board games, and of their having been friends with Han from so early.

It's a bit harder to understand why, if Darth Vader is visiting Leia's home, Leia doesn't immediately identify him as the scary man from her dreams - perhaps the mental signature of him in her dreams looks different from the way he looks in person? And even if it doesn't occur to Vader that she is his daughter, even if she looks like Padme (and perhaps also a bit like Shmi) and has the name that he and Padme had planned to give their child if it was a girl. But then, it hasn't occurred to him that Padme's child(ren) could possibly have survived, and the dreams he had been having were only mock-up pictures of the child he and Padme MIGHT have had, rather than actual visions of Luke or Leia - and for the past three years, his longing to be a father has been mostly preoccupied with the two babies he KNOWS are his. I still think both he and Leia are being uncharacteristically obtuse - but I like the idea of both Leia's fathers being brought together by their anxiety over her.
The 25th Dragon chapter 64 . 6/18/2019
What a fantastic read! I really enjoyed your take on an alternate Star Wars story. I specifically enjoyed how the characters reacted in their strange situations and your liberal use of Murphy’s Law. I’ll definitely be checking out more of your stories after reading this one!
Zigzeegee chapter 1 . 4/13/2019
I’m always searching for long EU with a twist stories and this didn’t disappoint! Great fanfic
Guest chapter 64 . 4/9/2019
I think this has just become one of my favourite star wars fics of all time. The way you put together an ensemble cast, make them all interesting, make us care about them all, and weave their stories together is just perfect. Even minor characters like Miyr and Siler and Baranne were 3 dimensional and relatable. And you have great ability to build tension in those gigantic pile-up scenes where everybody's storylines come together. Encore!
Mako-clb chapter 5 . 3/17/2019
I'm so glad you brought it Han. I wonder what this change will mean for Chewie. And of course the scene with Vader and Leia was so good.
Mako-clb chapter 4 . 3/17/2019
Wow, that was unexpected. I'm not sure what surprises me more, but it makes me want to keep reading.
1,508 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »