Reviews for Together
omg...love it!
CircleIntheSand chapter 1 . 8/27/2006
aww so sweet!
jules for you chapter 1 . 8/9/2006
Actually, Linkie, what ShelbyMerrickfan said was true. I went through the same thing as Shelby did. My mother knew about the abuse my stepfather was doing for years at a time. And it began when I was only five years old. When I finally told my teacher and the school called the cops, I found out that my mother knew about the abuse the whole time. I was SO very pissed off and wouldn't talk to her for a long while. But when I did talk to her this is what she said: She said that she didn't want to believe that something that horrible was going on in her home. That she didn't want to believe that the man she married was a monster that she let into our house. So she denied it. Like Alice did. Before we went to court my stepfather was let out of jail for a while, and he did try coming to our house. And you know what my mother did? She called the cops once again and they picked him up. She said, she may have made mistakes in the past but she wasn't gonna anymore. Not when it came to her daughter. And you know what? I believe her. Because she showed me. I'm in a program for abused teens, and there are lots of kids with mothers that didn't want to know about the abuse. It's not as uncommon as you would like to think. And you know what our counselor said? She said, it's the mothers that let the cops take the abuser away that are ready to heal with their kids. Shelby's mother was one of those mothers. I've seen other mothers that actually let the cops take their kids away, so they can keep their man. This didn't happen in Shelby's case. Oh, and CPS (Child Protective Services), wouldn't have let Shelby or Jess back in that house if Walt was ever back. I've dealt with CPS, and they are VERY good with checking out the home before letting kids go back there. They made sure my stepfather was gone, before I went back with my mother.

How dare you, pretend to know about mothers who had abuser in their lives, Linkie? I hate when people do that, because you guys know NOTHING about it, so you should say NOTHING about it unless you get your facts right.

This story was a cute S&S. Don't get me wrong, but a lot of it was unrealistic, and that statement is NOT false nor or the other reviewer that tell you so. I've signed in for a review, so you have my email.

ps. I'm also sick and tired of the stories that 'rape' Shelby. Why do some people like to do this? I know the show wouldn't have done it.

Shelby was molested not raped. Watch the show. They say it.

People here always get that messed up.
Linkie chapter 1 . 8/9/2006
I read some people comments and I don't understand why they're so harsh with you, really. I mean, it's only fanfiction, who cares if it precisely follows the lines of the show or something? Besides, I think S&S weren't out of character... And about Walt being back, it would be completely plausible. I mean, Alice knew about what he was doing for years but never called the cops after all...

Your stories are really good and deserve more than some bad feedback telling you it was not well written which is totally false anyway. Sorry, I just got carried away... I know reviews are also here to criticize but sometimes, it's a little too much...

Well, sorry it was so long but I needed to say it!

Bye,

Linkie.
Katiecat chapter 1 . 8/8/2006
Not well written at all. Sorry.
Ghostwriter chapter 1 . 8/8/2006
Aw. Such a sweet Shelby\Scott fic. Kudos. Catch ya on the flip side.
Lizicia chapter 1 . 8/8/2006
What do you mean the end? You cannot end a story at this very interesting point. Yes, Scott and Shelby are really sweet but I would like to see Scott kicking Walt's ass (not literally speaking)!
ShelbyMerrickFan chapter 1 . 8/8/2006
Both Shelby and Scott were out of character. Shelby was molested not raped by her stepfather. CPS wouldn't have let Shelby or Jess back into that house if Walt was back. Plus at the end of the show, Shelby's mother Alice, took a stand for her daughers. She didn't want to lose them because of Walt, therefore she wouldn't have let him back in the house. Well, realistically speaking. But it doesn't seem you made your story 'real' to the show. Watch the show to get into the heads of the characters better, and your writing will become better.

ps. Did you delete my other post? I can understand if it was deleted by a mistake. But if it wasn't, that's quite childish of you!
ac5000 chapter 1 . 8/8/2006
hey..that was cute...i love Scott and Shelby together...great job!