Reviews for Reflections
karmadog chapter 1 . 3/4
I keep forgetting I haven't reviewed this yet! This is an amazing little piece and really, truly captures Joshua perfectly. His relationship with the rest of his family has always been one of the most heart wrenching of the DS verse in my opinion, and so this piece nearly brings me to tears every time. I always imagine Barnabas stumbling across this letter two centuries later...Thank you for the read!
Cruelest Sea chapter 1 . 6/4/2011
Beautifully written.:)
Lady Barbossa329 chapter 1 . 5/3/2010
Even though I don't know much about Joshua Collins, I loved reading this. I love the feeling and emotions that were portrayed in the story/letter. Nicely written.
Nova I'Sif chapter 1 . 1/3/2008
I want to thank you for writing this piece. Joshua was a man who tried to give everything, but did not know how to receive love. He tried to build an empire, but was instrumental in destroying it in a day. He has right, Barnabas did hate him all along, because he aided in that hate from rising. Barnabas' romantized his life, causing him to see himself as a tragic figure, destined to have love and have love leave him. He felt hopeless, at times, and desperately craved what his father could not give him, possibly because that was the way Joshua was raised. It left him open to Angelique's obsession, misnamed as love, and therefore, open to her subsequent attack.(Barnabas came of age during the romantic times of the late 1700s when the poetry, literature and philosphy were full of sensibility. Joshua came from the time of rationalism.) Both of these children victims of their fathers (gods), and their lack. EXCELLENT WORK!
Cancel my subscription chapter 1 . 10/5/2006
This is a lovely story. I watched DS when it was originally aired and again on DVD not long ago and I never thought of Joshua as anything other than a brute. Who knows what is in a man's heart of hearts? The language useage is a perfect blend of formal and emotional, exactly what I would hear someone of Joshua's time use at such a juncture in his life.
Kendra Luehr chapter 1 . 9/8/2006
Hey, it's crazy_carolyn_s from LJ, FINALLY reviewing! And I must say that you have a VERY nice writing style. :) The narrative comes off as a very strong voice, and that's pretty rare to find here on so I commend you for a beautiful job well done! ;0)
ABC-101 chapter 1 . 8/9/2006
I loved this piece. You captured Josha perfectly.
eleni459 chapter 1 . 8/8/2006
Such a wonderful look back at Joshua. There's something about the style that harkens back to an earlier time. And the contents of the letter are just heartbreaking. Well done.