Reviews for Breaking the Cycle
carolann chapter 17 . 1/19/2015
I've read this story several times and have really enjoyed it. I just wanted to say thanks for writing this and sharing it. I've enjoyed all three of books of the trilogy.
enahma chapter 17 . 5/24/2012
Hah, with this ending, I think you are really mean, or even cruel. :-D

Thank you for your trilogy. I'm happy to be over with it, because RL is waiting for me outside, but it was a very-very good ride, with a satisfying ending.

On another note: I don't think your story is angsty. After your opening words, I was expecting a bit bigger butchering among the characters, but you were too careful not to kill or maim them irreparably, so, I think you turned out quite soft. :-))

But thank you for the happy ending.
enahma chapter 16 . 5/24/2012
Ceti Alpha Five? KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNN! :-DDD

Nice allusion.
Don-Jam chapter 17 . 6/27/2009
An 'advised trilogy' maybe, but I enjoyed it. Shod I know Jack Rutger?(I think I shod, but I cannot think why)
cklammer chapter 17 . 6/8/2009
Wow. Intrigue, Explosions, Gods ... everything is here to enjoy.

What a marvelous finale of the trilogy ... thank you so very much.

Nitpick: Saul Tigh talked too much before he whacked Zarek. I would have done it in this sequence "Open door, see Zarek, whack Zarek, case closed" in about as many words.

Again: Thank you so very much. How many words in this trilogy - something like 170K. It is truly amazing.
ozma914 chapter 17 . 1/10/2007
Great ending, tying up all the loose ends while also showing the possibilities for the future. I liked the glimpse at Mundus and Sharon's attitude toward it (and I'm glad no Ceti eels showed up.) Ares was a fantastic character, a good fit with the regulars, and I really enjoyed his lesson on what transpired before the Cylon wars. I'm not sure what he meant by Kara's next wedding, though ...

Also - and I hate to admit this - it's driving me crazy that I can't remember where I heard the name Jack Rutger. Obviously it's critical, but it's been so long since I started reading this story that I can't recall if it's from earlier, or from somewhere else, and I'm ashamed that I can't recall it. Can you help me out?

Otherwise, good job! Don't let anyone talk you into starting another big story too soon; I have a feeling you need a rest. :-)
Evilclone chapter 17 . 1/7/2007
*Bows hugs and gives ya a snog* A wonderful story, and well written, which is something that is hard to find on one of the few gems... Now perhaps we can see more of Watcher? *Flutters eyelashes*

Or you could really make my day and do an SGC/BSG xover
Mariel3 chapter 15 . 1/7/2007
The reviews for the rest of this story will be slow in coming, perhaps, but that's only because I want to take my time and enjoy each chapter individually. I was disconcerted by the way this chapter opened, because I felt so badly for Adama's pain and Roslin's inability to do anything to assuage it. Then I realised that it was a good thing, because they are very much separate on so many levels and have so many things to deal with of their own that to think that they could help each other might be foolish.

What I found the most compelling in this chapter was something you wrote early on, between Helo and Sharon. It was awesome and frightening and so very true...

“And even if they let me out of custody, what then?” she challenged. “You think we can go back down to Caprica and have a life together? You don’t think some mob will come by in the middle of the night and hang me from a lamppost? Don’t you realize they’ll kill you to get to me and smash Hera’s skull against a wall, afraid that our abomination child might someday be a threat?”

Excellent job of getting into Sharon's head and looking at things from her perspective.

Line I found wonderfully reminiscent of Roslin's "The war is over. We lost.": “The war’s over,” Lee said. “We won.” Don't know why that tickled my fancy, but it did. The way you had Lee slowly reveal what had happened to her was perfectly handled, too.

Oh - and I liked that they are thinking ahead - having them discuss sending advance teams out to the three other planets was brilliant.

The way you write Ares really fascinates me. He feels as capricious as the gods are. That's a very good thing. I liked Kara's anger towards him and the comment about 'the little people'.

Thanks for an engrossing chapter. See you next time around...
Ammonite chapter 17 . 1/6/2007
I love endings like this, with little hints. Aha! I bet I know what that means - your next wedding. And . . . Oh! What does that mean? Jack Rutger, no less. An End that isn't truly an End.

Hope you have another in that devious, creative mind of yours.
george chapter 17 . 1/6/2007
one of the best BSG fics I have ever read.
T'Sal chapter 17 . 1/5/2007
After reading the whole thing, have to say. This was good story to read. You even showned how much a bitch that Laura Roselin was. Full of hate and revenge.

Is there going to a sequal? 13th Tribe aka Earth getting involved?

Keep writing.
ozma914 chapter 16 . 12/14/2006
Ceti Alpha Five ...? :-) Is it just a Star Trek homage or, despite being burned out from this massive project, are you sewing the space seeds for some future crossover?

In any case, you've done a tremendous job wrapping up this novel length project, and I'm looking forward to the epilogue.
Stone Cold chapter 16 . 12/12/2006
THIS IS CETI ALPHA FIVE!
Evilclone chapter 16 . 12/11/2006
o *claps his hands* well worth the wait and now the last chapter?
ozma914 chapter 15 . 11/25/2006
Interesting post-battle coverage. I've often thought myself about how an advanced race would go about trying to repopulate while also maintaining their civilization, so that discussion itself was fascinating.

There were also those moments with Adama and Roslin, Sharon, the death of Tigh, and the question of what Baltar is up to, each of which could probably hold a chapter of its own.

But the emotional center, of course, was Tara and her plight. Such an ending is more horrible to a warrier like her than being killed outright, even without having to go through the reaction of a god with no experience in dealing with war injuries. You did a great job of both revealing her injuries and showing her emotional damage; and now I can't wait to find out what Ares is up to!