Reviews for Perdition
LucksFullmoon chapter 1 . 7/29/2009
I didn't think it was that repetitive. Also, Who knows, when he was younger Auron may have keeped every thing up and his way of releasing it was to scream at the top of his lungs(The Thunder Plains have to be good for something).
xScottx chapter 1 . 8/20/2008
Woo it was a little sad at first but a happy ending.
The Random of Randomness chapter 1 . 4/15/2008
I liked this one to... not as much as the other story though... Angel's Son was it?

I sort of got the story I guess... I was confusing.. but that Auron for ya!

(On and btw: I did recognize that the Characters were OoC! But I actually don't care if they are or not! It sort of gives the story it's own unique traits!)

and how long had past before Auron 'escaped' the farplane... or did Rikku umm pass?
Fififelicity chapter 1 . 11/23/2007
Pretty. So so Pretty!
Anzer'ke chapter 1 . 9/8/2007
nicely done
Ari Eli chapter 1 . 7/10/2007
"Not used to writing Auron"? I'm afraid not, my dear. Auron was completely in character, even with the screaming. Hell, I think anyone would scream if they were in the same situation.

Wonderful story. ;)

-Ari Elisianete
marsupialgroove chapter 1 . 6/9/2007
Ohh man, I should have reviewed this earlier. I love it. Love love love. Adoration, pure and simple. I guess under normal circumstances the whole Auron screaming thing might be considered OOC, but I'm not sure that it's OOC here. I guess maybe the screaming doesn't seem OOC is because he's not screaming about something, but rather he's screaming about the lack of something? Plus maybe it fills up the empty a tad, & it feels good? Ah, I don't even know what I'm trying to say. It was WONDERFUL. :)

Anyway, love the writing style. Beautiful ending. I thought you did Auron justice, anyway. Keep it up.
Enkida chapter 1 . 10/9/2006
This is quite a lovely story! I decided to check it out your writing since you offered to beta, and wow. I'm impressed! I don't think you have to be worried about being OOC or whatnot, this feels like a believable grasp on a canon Auron had he actually had feelings for Rikku.

One thing I do find kind of depressing about this is not Auron's suffering, but the fact that Rikku actually waited for him. As in, she didn't find anybody else while she was still alive. I guess in my mind, I think that's kind of sad in a way because it hints that she was never able to move on. But it's also a highly romantic idea, so I guess the romantic purists can forgive that. ;-)

Anyway, good work! Thanks for writing it! :)
ai-08 chapter 1 . 9/16/2006
I love how you portrayed Auron, he wasn't ooc at all. The scream- it fit the scene and his emotions, and you just felt it, you know? And the ending with Rikku... it was beautiful. This is a lovely piece.
Princess Artemis chapter 1 . 8/16/2006
Really well done. And it's not OOC at all if you provide the reader the stepping stones to get there, which you did.
Shido21 chapter 1 . 8/16/2006
I really enjoyed this. As usual I love your poetic style and how you play with words and sound.

I think you did a good job at delving into Auron's mind. It's difficult to put in words his feelings and thoughts and still hold onto his character and you did it well.

I love it where you start to have him think of different things on Rikku. The way that you develop him feelings for her and their relationship using this mechanism makes it all the more fun and interesting to read. The way you went with this reminds me heavily of Kingdom Hearts. It's like Rikku is his light in the way that Tifa is Cloud's light.

Now as to whether Auron is OOC when he's shouting. I don't think so. He is human and every human has emotions that at times can't be contained. Just remember the scene where he attacks his past self in Zanarkand.

I really liked this. You actually had a happy ending for this one. :D
kuro's girl chapter 1 . 8/15/2006
I loved this! It was so well written. *adds to favs*
rr1963 chapter 1 . 8/10/2006
Hey. I liked this story. It was well done and effective and not as depressing as Angel's Son. (It's easier to be effectively depressing.) I didn't think Auron was too out of character. We only ever saw him on the pilgrimage before. He's going to be different after it's over and he goes to the Farplane. I think you gave a pretty good description of his thoughts and reactions and what he went through to get him to that point in your story. All his conflict was internal until it sort of gradually burst out at one point. (I know, terms kind of at odds there, but that's the way it seemed.) I can see Auron reacting like that. OOC is okay as long as it's believable how he got that way. Waiting til about halfway to bring in Rikku was a nice judgment. Also, what you did with the Farplane was nice. You depicted it pretty well, not just a world like ours where all the dead people live. Then a momentary pang of jealousy when she appears, instantly quelled. Okay, might have been more interesting or even more believable another way, but I admit I liked it better this way. So, good story.
Shizukii chapter 1 . 8/9/2006
That was beautiful. I swear, by the end of this one-shot I was ready to give up my semi-Gippal/Rikku shipping and convert. It was so nicely written together and your use of language was so eloquent. I'm definitely looking forward to more from you :).
Farther chapter 1 . 8/8/2006
I think I can see Auron screaming in that situation. He would probably loosen up a bit after being dead, right?

Anyway, I really enjoyed this one - I always like it when the farplane is depicted as ethereal and... floaty. Yeah. And I think you did a great job with that, good imagery. I also really liked Auron's musings. Sometimes your writing seemed a little rushed, though.

And I have a question - although I loved loved LOVED the part where Auron says, "she didn't like the color orange" (I don't know why I liked it so much, but I did :) ), isn't Rikku's shirt orange? Why would she wear an orange shirt if she didn't like the color? Eh, that's my only nitpick, though.

Overall, great work! You're an excellent writer :)