Reviews for Sounds Like Shadows
Carikube chapter 6 . 9/6/2006
Gah! Just loved it! What a ride! What an incredible unique story! I don't think i breathed through most of the barn scenes. I am so in awe of the way you drew all this together. Such a smart idea, such a snappy little plot and an incredibly neat package.

There were so many lines in this that I just loved. Dean's courage when facing that thing. The continual one-liners that he pulled out against it. Oh, and the brother's reaction to that freaky hanging ghost. Man, hilarious and chilling all at the same time.

You capture the very essence of the brothers and have them interacting with such genuine siblingship. And the game they played at the start and then picked up again at the end. Just perfect!

Very smartly written. Well done. I'm adding you to my favourite authors list!
devonshire64 chapter 6 . 9/1/2006
i loved your story, it was great. it creeped me out.
stealthyone chapter 6 . 8/24/2006
Good wrap-up to the story.

Favorite lines:

But he knew Jess. The ghost didn’t. It was as easy as that.

Aww. I love that. :) It so nicely shows the depth of Sam and Jess’ relationship.

“I think I just swallowed a bug.”

“Fine,” Dean sighed and shifted in the seat to make himself more comfortable. “New round. MacGyver vs. Indiana Jones.”

:) I like how this brought the story full circle.

Great fic! Loved everything about it: plot, characterizations, dialogue, pacing, humor and h/c. Very nice. I’m looking forward to your next story. :)
stealthyone chapter 5 . 8/24/2006
Great chapter. Lots of exciting action and some humor and a bit of h/c, even. Me like. :)

Favorite lines:

“You think Jess doesn’t know that you killed her?”

Ouch. She plays dirty, doesn’t she?

“Lady,” Dean said, stepping in front of his brother, blocking him from seeing her. “You are really starting to piss me off. ”

*g* It’s protective!Dean! Go, Dean, go! :)

Dean screamed when she dug her fingers into his injured leg, claws extending into the muscle.

Ow, ow, *ow.*

He raised a dismayed eyebrow. “Til death do us part, my ass.”

LOL! Great line!
stealthyone chapter 4 . 8/24/2006
Ooh, very exciting with the tiger-lady showing up and Otis offing himself and the boys stuck in the middle of the mayhem. :)

Favorite lines:

“Huh. Looks like Mr. Spines-are-optional has left the building.”

LOL! I do so love Dean’s sense of humor.

He needed to get Sam to a doctor and he was stuck sitting here until morning.

I love this, how it’s Dean needing to get *Sam* to a doctor, not needing to get *both* of them to a doctor. It’s so *Dean* to think more of Sam than himself.

And then that smart-mouthed jackass kid had walked in and said ‘Hey, Winchester. I hear your kid brother’s a genius. What’s it like being an embarrassment to your family?’

*bitch-slaps the jackass kid*

Off to read the next chapter. :)
stealthyone chapter 3 . 8/24/2006
LOL at the ghost who wouldn’t shut up in this chapter. *g*

Favorite lines:

Dean looked up from where he was half-sitting, half-lying in the hay. “Well, there’s something you don’t see every day.”

“Cut me down?”

“Sam, give me the gun,” Dean held out his hand for it. “I’m going to have to shoot him on general principle.”

His brother screamed and Dean saw the tips of claws appear through Sam’s shoulder.

Ow! *winces* Such cliffhangers you leave us with!
stealthyone chapter 2 . 8/24/2006
Another good chapter. Love the pace you’ve set.

Favorite lines:

Faced with Dean’s heroics, Sam did the only thing he could. He completely ignored him.

LOL! Yeah, Sam *would* do the opposite of what Dean told him to do. *pets Sam*

Walking back he watched as Dean shrugged out of his denim jacket, giving it a disgusted look. “It’s a good thing I wasn’t wearing my leather coat. I’d have been pissed.”

“Speaking of which… This thing is ticking me off. It tries to skin us. Fine. It stabs me and tries to drag me off to who knows where. Fine. But that thing touched my car! Did you see the dent in the trunk?”

LOL! Dean and his insane love for the Impala. Gotta love it.

Great summation of what the car means to Dean.

Such is the Winchester life, eh? Very few possessions other than the supernatural kind.

The dead man was hanging, the noose tight around his neck, swaying as if in a gentle breeze.

His eyes opened and he looked straight at Sam. “Cut me down?”

Well, that’s just … alarming. And creepy. *g*
stealthyone chapter 1 . 8/24/2006
Great start to the story. Love how you opened with the Fantasy Fight Club game in the car. I’m sure they play tons of silly games like that.

Also liked how you jumped into the action so quickly.

Favorite lines:

“Are we talking Adam West, Batman, Michael Keaton, Batman, or Val Kilmer, Batman?” Dean asked. They both knew better than to bother including George Clooney.

*snickers* Yeah, GC sucked as Batman.

Sam thought he probably had dreams about Wyatt Earp (Kurt Russell, not Kevin Costner) vs. Robin Hood (Anyone, not Kevin Costner).

LOL! I don’t think Kevin Costner will ever live down his rendition of Robin Hood.

Abruptly, so much so that he thought he’d suddenly gone deaf, the woods around them fell silent.

No. The bugs had gone silent.

Oh dear. So not good when nature goes all quiet like that.

Fighting back the pain, Dean looked straight at Sam. “Get inside! Shut the door, Sam! Shut it now!”

Yikes! *bites lip*
Capt.Cow chapter 6 . 8/15/2006
Lol, Indiana Jones. Great ending to a really enjoyable story.
coyote chapter 6 . 8/14/2006
i loved it, not too much. ill be waiting for your next story!
brighette chapter 6 . 8/14/2006
Ah, the return of Marigold! I'm starting to love her as much as Dean :) Another fun story - love the whumpage!
brighette chapter 2 . 8/14/2006
"He knew what the car meant to Dean. It was his tie to their dad. It was freedom to go anywhere he wanted to go, but it was also family and… home, all wrapped up into one sleek, black package.

Dean had never really had much that belonged to him. If it couldn’t fit in the trunk, you didn’t get to keep it."

Great insight, nicely written!
lili20 chapter 6 . 8/14/2006
“I think I just swallowed a bug.” Ha ha. Your stories are great, they have the right amount of humor and adventure. Thanks.
Dragonflysoul chapter 6 . 8/14/2006
*snort* So fun! Thank you for this!

P.S. I wanna SEE MacGyver against Indy! TALK ABOUT DROOL FEST! *thump* And Mac would so kick his whip wielding ass! LOL Aw, wait. Do we have to have good guy vs. good guy? lol I love them both. *snort*
Machaggis chapter 6 . 8/14/2006
Yea! My computer's fixed! And, Yea! A new chapter! I think after meeting that woman, it's going to be a long time before Dean EVER thinks about getting a wife *lol*. Now, fix the poor boys car and get back to writing. Can't wait to see what your twisted mind comes up with next, but I will be here to read it:-)
109 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »