Reviews for Contusion
GrrHatLet chapter 1 . 1/1/2013
Excellent portrayal of Merope's misery and longing, coupled with slight resentment for her homelife. You made it interesting and understandable for her to think that just because Tom came from a lovely home, it meant he wasn't cruel. To use the word "innocent" surprised me.

Wonderfully-done, and depicted all the emotions and situation just right. Favorited.
Azerjaban chapter 1 . 5/31/2012
So...sad
Amber chapter 1 . 5/17/2008
This is really good :D you should make a story about this
Vivi chapter 1 . 5/31/2007
It's beautiful - you captured all of her feelings, her thoughts, perfectly. The idea of contrasting filth and cleanliness is great, really well written!
Riptiderobin chapter 1 . 11/1/2006
Oh, that was so utterly heartbreaking and beautiful. What a tragedy, i feel so bad for poor Merope, life just never gave her a chance for happiness without the love-potion.

Loved it! You captured the emotions and feelings so well!
BasketKiwi chapter 1 . 8/25/2006
Oh, I hated that part of HBP! It was so awful and you captured it perfectly. The theme of cleanliness brought everything together, with the irony of the idea of "dirty blood" and her devotion to him because he was so imaculate. I always found it hard to think bad of her, even though it was wrong to trick him like she did, and this made it even worse. It just goes to show that there is always another side to the story. I really loved this. It was very powerful, I thought the end was a bit too abrupt, but now I think it suits the story better that way. Great job!
Mrs Pierre Bouvier chapter 1 . 8/14/2006
Wonderful...gotta love the Tom/Merope tragic romance.
Charon The Soulguider chapter 1 . 8/13/2006
''How could he recognize what he had never been taught to see?" This is my favourite sentence. It expresses quite well how far they are from each other in reality. And it foreshadows the sad outcome, which with this sentence will be not just simply tragic, but also inevitable.
nerdybookworm chapter 1 . 8/9/2006
Really good. Sad, too. Good job.