Reviews for Shooting the Breeze
owlgirl16 chapter 1 . 10/12/2010
I actually like this story. Okay, I was a bit skeptical at first- I thought it might be romance and there is NO way I want to read one of those. This is very well written, no incredibly ridiculous parts- nothing I couldn't believe. Your friend is lucky, this is an awesome story.

Thank you for writing!

Kay
The Bringer of Good Cheer chapter 1 . 10/4/2007
Wow. I seriously thought I was the only person who actually LIKED the Doom Patrol in TT. No, seriously, they were so cool. Old-school superheroes fighting old-school supervillains.

I love how you get into Mento's philosphy on crimefighting and then contrast that with Negative Man being more dull and pragmatic and, well, "negative." Some of the best fanfiction I've seen simply pits two people talking and this is no exception. And I don't know whether it was the show's voice acting or the realistic dialogue, but I could totally hear Steve and Larry's voices in my head when they spoke.

Nicely done!
Neoinean chapter 1 . 8/9/2006
Thank you!

The parallels between Batman and Mento were striking, so I loved when Negative Man pointed them out. I always Beast Boy and Robin as kindred spirits in a way, with the whole parents dying and then being adopted by the alter ego of an emotionally deficient superhero thing, so this plays into my own little fanon concepts nicely.

Ah, Negative Man. I think its because of the VA, but for some reason I interject shades of Billy Rosewood into his character, and that added an extra level as far as the understated camaraderie between Negative Man and Mento.

Thank you for this. I greatly enjoyed it!