Reviews for The Other Side to Fairy Tales
damsel-in-stress chapter 1 . 1/25/2009
That was awesome! You really cheered me up!

That was such a sweet idea and they were so in character.

"It's more romantic if you swim. Anybody can take a boat. Real fairy tale heroes can swim to the aid of the distressed damsel." XD

"Besides", he said in a low voice, out in the vastness of the ocean where he was certain no man or beast could hear him, "third time's the charm." - I wish him luck - lots and lots of luck! :)

"And that marks an hour's head start. Turner, if I drown, don't hesitate to leave me to my own stupidity."

I can't stop grinning..

Thanks for sharing!

~Damsel D
rockstop57 chapter 1 . 3/5/2008
Will pwned. Lol. Loved the surprise ending and the Norrington snark. And I can hear the dialogue in the actors' voices, which is rare. Kudos.
lilith03 chapter 1 . 1/13/2008
i love this story! i keep wandering back to read it, and i still say "aw" every time. thank you so much for making both of them believable. i'm a big norry fan, and to see him so well portrayed is the best.
ZekksGoddess chapter 1 . 6/4/2007
An amusing story, I really liked it. I particularly liked your characterization of James- about time he lets himself do what he wants!
What-Happens chapter 1 . 4/11/2007
YAY ANOTHER ELIZABETH/NORRIE SUPPORTER WOT! ahem,...wel yes I thought this story was cute! I love the fairy tale talk! Yay Norrie! And guess what? fav auther!
Gewher chapter 1 . 1/20/2007
Wow, no one ever seems to think about how Norrington feels eh? I love him to death, all my friends hate him though. This is great!
Jacqueline DeMortel chapter 1 . 9/28/2006
This was absolutely amazing! The former Commodore didn't seem too drunk... but all the same, I quite like this story. I'm a huge fan of Norrington/Elizabeth, and I think it's terribly how she simply used him. Poor dear. To see him give it one last shot is inspiring.

About the actual story, you did an excellent job of keeping the reader interested, and the ending was fantastic. A true Pirates ending! Very nicely done.
Domenic chapter 1 . 9/26/2006
Going on favorites.

This is like...perfect Norrington, and the concept of this self-contained story...just really nice.
Watermelon chapter 1 . 8/12/2006
Wow, niice. )

Only thing is - and it's probably just me being unintelligent - what does Norry mean at the end? "third time's the charm"... didn't Norrington just explain to Will that Jack was "the third", and therefore they didn't have a chance? :/

Oh, and this isn't relevant, but at the beginning, where Will sat down aside Norrington... you really don't want to know what I misread that as. *wince* aside... astride... #_#

Anyway, I love the fact that Norrington's teaching Will fairy tales. He! D Well done.
Asteria chapter 1 . 8/10/2006
Aw. Once again, you manage to keep the James/Elizabeth thing alive! James is a very tricky person, isn't he? And poor Will is so naive. All I have to say in conclusion is: GO, JAMES!

I'm glad I'm not the only person who supports a James/Elizabeth pairing. (BTW, have you watched the CBP DVD commentary by Kiera Knightly and Jack Davenport? It's really good.)
Hecate chapter 1 . 8/10/2006
Nicely done.
JeanieBeanie33 chapter 1 . 8/9/2006
A rather bittersweet chapter. Kind of funny, though. I'm rooting for Norrington, personally, but that's probably just because I love Norrington more than Will.
just a little wicked chapter 1 . 8/9/2006
This made me smile. I love Jack/Liz. Hence my story ]
Cloudburst2000 chapter 1 . 8/9/2006
Very good story. I also liked how Norrington points out that Will is no better than Jack. Will was complaining about how Jack had stolen Elizabeth when she'd agreed to marry him, but he did the exact same thing to Norrington. So glad Norrington pointed that little bit out. I also liked all the references to fairytales, and how their little love triangle(actually I guess it would be a square) paralleled those fairytales in many ways. And them swimming after the Pearl instead of taking a boat...are they trying to kill themselves? There's no way they can reach the Pearl swimming so is this their way of 'killing' themselves? Killing themselves chasing down a love that isn't theirs?
To Die Laughing chapter 1 . 8/9/2006
Wah! I love it! *is happy with the cuteness of it all*