Reviews for Bad Day
amazing
jj chapter 1 . 7/30/2017
wow
Lieutenant Of Artemis chapter 1 . 7/6/2017
um, okay, wow. i love this series of yours so so much - it is rife with possibilities and you bring them to life in a way that is so tantalizing, with just the right amount of detail to please and to tease. i've reread this fic and the other ones in this series (Long Long Time Ago and Papa Sun) many times before, and every time, i'm left wanting more.

i really love this universe and the potential it has to become fully developed, because the idea of Lu and Chiyu and Zuko and Sokka and Toph still out there, still actively resisting after Azula's victory, is immensely fascinating to me. it's heartbreaking how hardened they've become after Aang's death, but the fact that Toph and Sokka are still fighting, and Chiyu is looked after by Zuko, and Lu is looked after by Haru, is such a prominent symbol of hope. their struggle is hard and grim, but they haven't given up yet, and that's definitely telling of what's to come. i'm so in love with this idea haha, and i love the way you write - you drop metaphors and descriptions so effortlessly; you establish the person's character in a few seemingly offhand lines (Chiyu going barefoot and twisting his hair into a topknot; Chiyu resolving to worry about who he is and where he came from later; Zuko saying the most important thing about soldiers is knowing how to avoid them; Zuko wearing his Earth Kingdom name like an old shirt that doesn't fit; how he still gets lost in parts of Ba Sing Se and knows all the ways to break out of a Fire Nation prison) - they're brilliant details, and tbh if i quote all the lines i love, i'd pretty much be copying-and-pasting this whole fic in a review, so i'll spare you. :P

i don't really have a point in this whole review-turned-gushing other than to convey how grateful i am that you've written this and shared it with us. i know you wrote this a long long time ago (hehe get it) but i wouldn't be opposed in the slightest if you decide to grace us with more fics in this universe (or just for the ATLA fandom in general).

that said, thanks so much for writing! i've enjoyed it immensely, and i hope you continue writing, be it fanfiction or original works. :)
achillius chapter 1 . 3/28/2017
This was a bit confusing and I had to read it many times but I loved it.
Biancachu chapter 1 . 10/8/2016
This was really interesting and a little confusing! I had to read it a second time to really get it. So, Zuko took care of Aang's kid, Toph is the leader of the bandits, and Sokka is leading the water tribe rebels.
Emjen Enla chapter 1 . 7/21/2016
This AU is amazing! I've never read anything quite like this and I love style you used to write it. I'm really curious to know how Zuko went from trying to save Chiyu to locked up in prison with Lu.
Thanks for the amazing story!
Emjen
CharmedRavenclaw chapter 1 . 2/15/2016
This was fantastic. Very original - I actually would like to see this story expanded with Zuko looking after the kid.
Sockmonkey406 chapter 1 . 12/27/2015
This is so very, very cool, but I find myself completely confused. In a pleasant way, but confused.
Red Rosiecals chapter 1 . 10/31/2015
Wow...this is amazing, I love how you can fit so much detail into a small amount of words. Is Zuko the old man and Chiyu the son of Aang and Katara? Is Sokka and Toph leading the water/earth rebels? Really good take on what could have happened in the finale. :-) :-)
Peace215 chapter 1 . 9/9/2015
I have to say, this was a very good one-shot.

I would've liked to maybe see it become a two-shot; perhaps the next chapter, Zuko admitting who the kid was, being held by Azula's forces. But as it stands, it's very good and a fun read. There's a lot to speculate but you give clues to make it clever.

Great job!
Aqualys chapter 1 . 8/5/2015
Awesome story! Really subtle, but not too subtle (it took me 3 readings to guess most of the characters). Please tell me, who is the old man? I thought it would be Zuko at first, but he seems to be with the waterbenders, so... Iroh? Hakoda?
DarkMando chapter 1 . 8/4/2015
This has taken the top spot in my best written fics list.
Thank you.
Magical Poof chapter 1 . 2/13/2015
Ahh lovely Avatar story! I love your little what-ifs about the Avatar universe, it's so interesting to see a grimmer take on the show.
CrazyAce'n'PokerFace chapter 1 . 6/22/2014
whoa, this is so awesome i don't have the words for it. just...wow, it's chilling how much you say by not saying things directly.