Reviews for Bad Day
Magical Poof chapter 1 . 2/13
Ahh lovely Avatar story! I love your little what-ifs about the Avatar universe, it's so interesting to see a grimmer take on the show.
CrazyAce'n'PokerFace chapter 1 . 6/22/2014
whoa, this is so awesome i don't have the words for it. just...wow, it's chilling how much you say by not saying things directly.
Happyzen chapter 1 . 1/3/2014
This was amazing. You managed to create such a complex and riveting plot in such few words.
It took me a few reads to figure out the whole backstory. It really struck me how Aang never got to spend any time with his son, and how his parents are dead with the rest of the Gaang split up over the world. With Toph leading the bandits and (I think) Zuko leading the water benders (not sure whether it was him, but with the scowl and top knot...)
I really, really enjoyed this.
irezel chapter 1 . 8/23/2013
wow...that was...really awesome. :)
hypercell chapter 1 . 8/6/2013
Read this story, and every time I am amazed and speechless. Gorgeous.
Elise chapter 1 . 7/19/2013
Oooh. Very, very, amazing. Wow. Great story!
Semblance of Apathy chapter 1 . 4/2/2013
I had to read it twice to fully grasp it. Nice work, the subtle effect isn't too subtle to let the readers be thrown off. I like it. So it's:
- Set after the war which Aang loses in.
- Chiyu is Aang and Katara's son but theygot killed a long time ago.
- Zuko is the grumpy old man who fights like a firebender
- There is a new avatar from the Water Tribe and Zuko' sending Chiyu along for the ride.
Vensai chapter 1 . 12/5/2012
You really should consider making a sequel to this. It would be seriously awesome.
stars shine out chapter 1 . 11/29/2012
Brilliant.
El Reino chapter 1 . 11/15/2012
I honestly finished this and went "Whoa." This is so cool, and this is how I would like to write someday. Subtle but with enough hints to let people know what you're talking about. It took me a while to realize what Chiyu is but it was great fun when I did.

Very nice.
Sailor Pandabear chapter 1 . 11/5/2012
very nice
Guest chapter 1 . 11/5/2012
nice
Waptia chapter 1 . 9/4/2012
"His old man slides a knife into a sheath and shoves it into his hands."
I'm thinking the knife says "never give up without a fight," if I know Zuko at all.

Also, this is amazing and fantastic. Everything at the end of season 3 could have so easily gone wrong, and this is such a beautiful rendition of what would happen if it did. The layers and subtle pieces of this world - he will never know just how much he looks like his mother, the Avatar is always an idiot - everything in this is incredibly well-expressed. Fantastic job writing this.
Nicole chapter 1 . 8/13/2012
I have read this three times.
Once, only to be shocked by the last line. Twice, grasping for something to make sense of it all. Three times, to be read aloud.
I don't understand why, but I am crying.
And when I say I'm not the type, I don't lie. Words don't tend to reach me easily. But, this.
Something about this story-its weaving plot lines that join each other like threads, and its subtle hints that ran through my thoughts, its everything...I couldn't help but cry. These characters, this world you've built. I can't put into words how much it means to me. Your narrative is complex and haunting and beautiful in ways I can't comprehend. Thank you for this story. Your writing is excellent.
Thank you; please keep writing.
Please.
Phoex chapter 1 . 7/1/2012
A perfect balance of clarity and vagueness.