Reviews for Lucky to Be Born
Anonymous chapter 1 . 3/27
I was wonderful; amazing writing skills.
ae2000x chapter 1 . 12/2/2019
huh, this is another way to look at it! a very excellent piece! he seems worried but still him.
ninelanterns chapter 1 . 11/24/2019
oh this hurt me. 10/10 incredible.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/21/2017
Lucky to be born...it is true, and I don't know what to feel of its double meaning. Zuko was blessed with luck to be born healthily along with his mother surviving the labor...but then as we know...he is soon deprived of many things that he is merely lucky enough to live through all the pain.
ZealousChristian24 chapter 1 . 4/16/2015
Gee golly gosh, this was wonderful! An story that warms the heart dearly, and then makes me feel sad,because I know this happy family unit, with Iroh and Ursa and an Ozai who's still in character but hasn't burned away his soul on the altar of ambition, isn't going to last. Never the less, you've earned another favorite, and the complementary $-12 dollar bill!
novelreader chapter 1 . 2/12/2015
"All that effort and pain and worry, and he missed being born on the Solstice by a few hours"
Chuckles. Zuko's birth totally foreshadows how he's going to be and what his character is in the future. lol. Always so close but never too far, lol, who needs luck when you got hard work. I loved this fic, it ended nicely, and I'd like to think Zuko's birth happened this way as oppose to what Ozai said to Zuko in The Search where when Zuko was first born, Ozai wanted to throw him out because he lacked a spark in his eye and he thought he was born a nonbender for a child. How terrible. I guess you could say it could still be tied to this fic in a way, whether or not what Ozai said was true or not, he doesn't seem to care too much of his son's birth and the fact the kid's birth almost led to his wife's death... Ozai sure doesn't know much about being a parent and something called unconditional love does he? Still you captured him so perfectly and made him very human and sympathizing. I loved it!
marblesharp chapter 1 . 11/27/2014
Nice take on the titular line! I like the dynamics between Ursa and Ozai, and your Iroh voice. Good work!
Jozefski chapter 1 . 5/19/2014
Such an AWESOME one-shot!
Guest chapter 1 . 4/25/2014
Oh, wow ! Lucky to be born indeed!
CrazyAce'n'PokerFace chapter 1 . 3/17/2014
ugh, such an interestign oneshot of somewhat happier times.
Lunatique chapter 1 . 2/17/2014
An intriguing portrayal of family and personal dynamics. I like the insights into Ozai's character, including the seed of his resentment for Zuko. Cute character interactions with Iroh, Ursa, and a young Lu Ten, too. I guess my main complaint is that the royal family doesn't seem all that exalted? I can't believe it took hours of painful labor and Ursa losing a dangerous amount of blood for a doctor to be summoned. Or that the royal family had to rely on a midwife's personal networks to find a wet nurse. Overall, good job of portraying a very human Ozai who nevertheless shows the beginnings of the dangerous man he will become.
Cavallo Alato chapter 1 . 7/18/2013
Aww, I love this! I love how you made Ozai's words something memorable and full of joy and relief rather than something ominous and evil.
Awww (I can't stop awww-ing) haha Lovely job
jessi chapter 1 . 6/5/2013
Great story, I liked it!
ABundleOfDaydreams chapter 1 . 12/27/2011
Not Like the Other Souls chapter 1 . 8/23/2011
This was a really great story :-) I know this is a short review, but I really liked it and you have a lot of talent :-]
60 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »