Reviews for For Your Love
I'm the same person who wrote the last review and apparently I was under some dillusion. Your vocabulary and grammar is good. Your characters are dynamic which is paramount, and you have a strong plot that doesn't fall through. However, Ginny was not portrayed at all as how I'm sure the majority of Harry Potter fans imagine her. She's not whiny and the fact that Riddle still exists inside her is a bit ridiculous.
Harry stabbed the diary with a basilisk fang in the chamber of secrets, which killed the part of Voldemort's soul that was living inside of it, meaning that the essence that was Tom Riddle was destroyed in the process. Unless he was a double horcrux or something and latched onto Ginny like his soul did when he killed Lily Potter, then he should be gone for good.
It seemed almost as if Ginny was the Chosen One too. Harry basically did nothing the whole time except complain about Ginny and his love life and how it sucks to be him yet he never fought a battle face to face with the guy. Sure he was tortured briefly and almost killed but does that really count. Love is a strong theme is a lot of books these days, an the "love conquers all" thing seems to be overflowing in this story.
Harry and Ginny both survive the killing curse which is basically impossible as well. I understand that you had no idea about the horcuxes and what not yet but some of the stuff that you included was clearly not meant to be there if you had read the fifth book at all.
However, Ellie Bridgeton was a nice addition to the story, and I enjoyed the fact that their relationship wasn't clingy and sappy. They were quick relievers or reality which provided the needed intimate effect that was lacking over a couple of the relationships.
I don't have anything against you, personally, but the Colin Creevey and Ginny thing was just a bit weird.
Also a bit of a cliffhanger as to what happens with Maura and Ron, as well as Draco and Hermione. It seemed as though many of the other people who have read this as well have picked up the vibe from the Malfoy/Granger pairing and it wasn't too awful. I have always purposefully skipped over fanfics that had pairings other than those that J.K.
Rowling had created.
Overall it was an interesting read, and like I said before, with a few changes made based on reviews by readers and the update of the actual series, you could potentially make this story popular by demand.
Hate to be the bad guy after all the praise I just gave you. Thanks for the good read
Quite an interesting take on the first five books of the series really. I have never read anything like it. For as long as it took you to write this, it only took me about three days with lots of spread out reading. Good quality of writing but being that I have read all seven books I can't quite force my mind to accept the new plot. I love the original plot so much and it has been imprinted in my mind for so long that it's hard to give it up. However, the plot of this is good as well. A few holes here and there but I won't go into detail. There's some real potential in these pages, and with some revision to meet the common reader's opinions on the updated series, this Harry Potter twist could technically be "published." I hope you enjoyed the series as much as I did, and you continue to root for Harry and Ginny as they battle through life, especially with this summer'a release, "The Cursed Child." Enemies of the heir beware! With great gratitude,
A fellow aspiring writer and Harry Potter fanatic
The FitnessGram Pacer Test is a multistage aerobic capacity test that progressively gets more difficult as it continues. The 20 meter pacer test will begin in 30 seconds. Line up at the start. The running speed starts slowly but gets faster each minute after you hear this signal bodeboop. A sing lap should be completed every time you hear this sound. ding Remember to run in a straight line and run as long as possible. The second time you fail to complete a lap before the sound, your test is over. The test will begin on the word start. On your mark. Get ready!… Start. ding
I think Ginny felt Harry's emotions here. Could be wrong, but I think it's a good guesd
HP fan100 chapter 22 . 6/13/2015
so...
I thought this writing was perfect at first. It was funny and descriptive and everything I wanted. But then I hit some more chapters and it just started to get cheesier and cheesier until I started to have a fear of blue cheese. It was more of a midnight story to read thinking about your ex while hugging a pillow. I couldn't read it in the morning or afternoon without cringing.

But I do have to say that it still was a lovely story. I really fancied Harry.
Nikki chapter 25 . 6/13/2015
If I had to say one thing about this fanfic, it would be that it is the best fanfiction that I have ever read. I first discovered it in a folder called "Mature Harry/Ginny Fanfics" which is a place where I have found many favorites of mine, but this was the #1. The writing was delightfully sensible and the plot was so intriguing. I loved it. You have just become my favorite Harry/Ginny writer.
lostinastory33 chapter 25 . 5/14/2015
I loved it! A fantastic read!
wrappedinharry chapter 22 . 11/22/2014
I am enjoying this story, I really am. But I also have several issues with it.

Why,a why, why can't Harry just admit that he cares for Ginny? Because it is obvious that he does and if you love someone like he loves Ginny and she loves him, then Ron and the rest of the brothers can like it or lump it would be my philosophy.

And Ginny! How can she possibly delude herself that she is in control of Tom. She is being so totally ridiculous. Nobody is going to care how strong she 'appears' to be if she ends up dead.

But I am sure it isn't Tom who has her in his thrall, but good ol' Volde! He must have found out about the Chamber and the Diary and now he is possessing GInny and making her think he is still his 16 YO self. And it will all be to lure Harry into his trap.

And speaking of Harry: you have made him more and more ineffectual as the story goes on. Ginny is the one battling Volde, Draco seems as if he is spying for DD and is therefore much more valuable to him than Harry is.

And Hermione! She is clever, yes! But she is also only 17 years old and not that experienced in the ways of the world or Dark Magic, and yet, Harry and Ron are relying on her for all the answers. She knows more than DD does she? I don't think so. If I was so worried about my sister, I wouldn't be faffing around hoping my ex-girlfriend will come up with the answers, I'd be going to the smartest bloke on the block...one who actually has experience of Dark Magic.

Still, I am interested to see where this all leads, besides Harry and GInny finally admitting they are finally on the same page.

Oh, yeah...just wanted to say: poor Harry. To actually fall for two Ravenclaw girls, only to have both of them pining for another bloke. Talk about unlucky in love.
mang0fruitblast chapter 25 . 3/28/2014
Are you like secretly jkr?! That was SOOOO GOOOOD! I LOVED the part when Harry goes Ginny the present! And you should totally write more stories/sequels! (Maybe a Lily&James story? Those are by far my favorite;)) Anyway, great job-even if you made me stay up past midnight on a school night
mang0fruitblast chapter 7 . 3/27/2014
SOOOOO good so far! Just how I imagined/wished jkr had developed their relationship but I know that wasn't the main point of her plot.. Anyways so glad I found this-you're a really good writer;)
Guest chapter 15 . 3/4/2014
Can I just say that now I can confirm my suspicions of Draco being a good guy and siding with dumbledore and him being the other source.
A love lost chapter 25 . 1/31/2014
I really hate to say this, but Draco was my favorite part of this. I am a long-time, hard-core, till-death-do-we-part sort of Harry/Ginny shipper, and never before have I read a story about them where I've been slowly converted into shipping someone else. You sneaky little thing.
I will now spend the rest of my day and probably the rest of the weekend frantically looking for Draco/Hermione fanfiction.
Your characters were outstanding, they stayed true to their original traits but you expanded upon them fantastically. Your storyline was also excellent, and I applaud you for that. Most storylines are worn out from so many fanfiction writers' lack of originality. Also, your grammar was flawless and your wording of everything was eloquent and simply perfect. It all just clicked.
Congratulations on writing the one of the best works I have ever seen regarding these characters, second only to JKR's originals.
h chapter 23 . 11/24/2013
omg
so scary!
luvhp chapter 21 . 11/24/2013
hey,
I haven't finished reading so far but I have to say this is the best fanfic ever! I have never encountered such detailed paragraphs and intricate adjectives. I luv this. ps. I wanna meet ellie briidgeton and see if she's a cute as harry says she is. btw, luv the drama ur putting between ginny and harry. its so beautiful! ur the best author ever!

u shud become an author,
hplover

what do u mean by hbp?
isn't it hdh?

PLEEEEEEZZZ REPLYYYYYY!
Compound1080 chapter 25 . 9/15/2013
I really liked this fic. You have outstanding ability to give your characters depth and perception and to make them feel human and almost real. I especially liked Ellie, she is my favorite original character by far in any fic I have read,