Reviews for Treading the Pro Exam
LuvAllPokemon chapter 1 . 5/5/2013
Judging by the fear in that guy's face, I'd say that Nase is certainly the student of Hikaru.
QE1 chapter 6 . 7/1/2012
Heh, found NER and started reading it, I'm partway thru that and far enough along to read this without worrying about spoilers. Thanks for posting this, I was very curious about Nase and Fuku from my time watching the series.
princesskisara chapter 6 . 12/23/2010
Welcome in the world of pros nase, komiya, and sato..
princesskisara chapter 5 . 12/23/2010
Waw... Nase passed, and komiya was also passed right? Well, i wonder who the last person beside nase and komiya who would also passed the exam?
princesskisara chapter 4 . 12/23/2010
Oh, that bad nase lose, well i just hope for the best for nase then.
princesskisara chapter 3 . 12/23/2010
Hohoho... Nase beat sato great. I love that.
princesskisara chapter 2 . 12/22/2010
I love to see akari and nase friendship with playing go and sing a song at karaoke together. Even if for now i have 1 question to you. What song who akari and nase sang together? I wonder how both girl would react when they realised that the teacher and akari's friend was the same person shindo hikaru...
princesskisara chapter 1 . 12/22/2010
Waw... I am glad nase is fine after everything had happened with hikaru i read this chapter after i read the chapter 20 from the story neverending road... I see nase know that had been started have a same ability with hikaru or akira when both boys passed the pro exam... I would read the next chapter then...
sweetyamiyugigirl chapter 6 . 12/5/2010
This was a nice side story, and I enjoyed reading it. Thanks for writing this story! :)
Shadow Zeranion chapter 6 . 10/23/2007
From what I read here, I think that Nase is in fact a great match for Hikaru. Her cheerful and outgoing nature really makes her a great rival for Hikaru's affections. Now that I've taken the time to read this I suddenly want Neverending Road to speed up in releases so I can see how their relationship develops. However, I'll just have to be patient seeing as time is needed for good stories. Thank you for this great side-story and keep up the good work with Neverending Road!
reign1990 chapter 6 . 1/23/2007
good side story
Daniel Song chapter 6 . 12/21/2006
This chapter convinces me that Nase is absolutely the right girl for Hikaru. Not only do they share a love for Go, I can clearly see her passion. The thing that I admire about Nase is her determination and willingness to take risks - and she is absolutely unafraid of making mistakes. And yes, she has made several - but she was the one that had the guts to go for it. And she is good about acknowledging her mistakes and taking steps to remedy them.

And so far in this story, Nase is one of the few people that can really push Hikaru forward. Most of the others are either just along for the ride or avoid his path. But Nase can cause him to think outside the box, and strike a unique path of his own. Akari looks like the "safe" choice, and is much more conventional - but simply does not have Nase's potential.

Without question, Nase is a dynamic character who is deserving of additional screen time. Along with Akira (Hikaru's rival) and Ogata (whom I'd arue is Akira and Hikaru's TRUE rival - the one closest to the Hand of God), she plays a crucial role in Hikaru's development that cannot be underestimated.
cokeboi chapter 6 . 12/21/2006
great ending, and it really goes with the main story.
cyrgon0 chapter 6 . 12/21/2006
Thank you for such a great companion story to "The Neverending Road": I've really enjoyed this journey through Nase's mind as she strived for her goal-and now, having reached that goal, I'm eagerly awaiting what will happen next.

A question: are there any plans so far for Nase to play Hikaru at any time in the future of the world of "The Neverending Road"? I think that it would be rather interesting for that to occur, since that would be a trial which would either destroy or enhance Nase's feelings for Hikaru...

Oh, and one side comment: I've enjoyed your story ever since I've found it on a few months ago, so I could get the gist of how this side-story interwove (quite elegantly, mind you) with the main Neverending Road story: However, to newer readers, it may be a little harder to figure out when exactly each of these chapters in this side-story fits into The Neverending Road.

Do you think that you should place identification markers (ie, "This chapter takes place between Chapters X and Y of 'The Neverending Road'" or, for the Neverending Road story chapters, "Chapter Z of the sidestory 'Treading the Pro Exam' occurs between this chapter and the next") in order to integrate this into the main storyline better?

Anyway, that was just a suggestion to assist new readers: feel free to ignore it-I was just babbling. Again, awesome side-story, and I eagerly await your next update of "The Neverending Road."
keebler-elmo chapter 6 . 12/21/2006
Nice ending, but they crying was a little...much, in my opinion. But then again, you wrote the character, so you would know their reactions better than me. You have me looking foward to Hikaru's and Nase's reunion. Keep up the good work and update soon.