Reviews for Pastoral Symphony in Blue Minor
awaylaughing chapter 1 . 9/6/2009
I found this from a rec on TV Tropes, and boy am I glad I did. Poor, poor Myde, and Yen Sid too. It's got a sort of bitter sweet feeling the entire time because we know exactly what's going to happen to Myde. This is a definite favourite.
magic.kiwi chapter 1 . 8/1/2009
i found this fic through a recommendation on TV Tropes. they were right. it was truly a beautiful story. i had tears in my eyes at the end. it also gave some nice history of who Demyx could have been before. your story has now found it's way into my personal favorites and incorporated into my personal fanon.

it also seems to give some insight into why the Nobodies want to have hearts. they might think they're still normal, until somebody else notices they're not the way they're supposed to be. They want it back so they can feel and be accepted again.

yet again, such a good story.
Kitsune Alchemist chapter 1 . 7/22/2009
I don't knwo whether its the fact taht it's nearign midnight, or just the utterly terrible beauty of this story, but I literally had tears in my eyes. Oh, Myde...

I wonder why it never occured to me before that Demyx could be from Fantasia? Perhaps I'm jsut too used to peole sayign that he's from Atlantica? Oh well, that aside, this was beautifully written and it tugged at my heartstrings.

*adds to favorites*
The Pterodactyl chapter 1 . 7/16/2009
Wow. That was such a sad ending, and so abrupt it almost hurt. Poor Demyx, all he wanted was to be loved. He wasn't a bad guy, even after he joined the Organization.

On the writing side of things, I loved your realization of Fantasia as a world. The idea of composers as gods, each of their works manifesting as a part of the world, the whole thing wrapped up in music...being a music major, I had a minor geekgasm imagining that. The writing itself is very clean and polished, too, no grammar or spelling mistakes to be found. Excellent job.
Gijinka Renamon chapter 1 . 6/13/2009
Very nice, I like how you added the Fantasia references in. And... I kinda feel sorry for Demyx now... (Gives him a big hug)
Aelsthla-Mental chapter 1 . 6/1/2009
Awesome and interesting story. Giving both an origin for Demyx and another reason for Yen Sid to help against the Nobodies. Very sad story... Good one though.

Anyway, great job!
MasterShaper chapter 1 . 4/19/2009
Oh, my this story was a sad one...

Demyx is one of my top favorite Nobodies, because I feel a sort of kinship with him.

And believe it or not, I do feel that you could actually substitute parts of my life into this story, and still maintain the actual themes.

Thank you for this story.

Till next time,

MS
JesusRox7111 chapter 1 . 4/16/2009
Wow, this was so depressingly good. The end of it really got to me. It was so well-written, and I like that you pick characters that people don't usually pick to write about, like Yen Sid. It was interesting to see how it affected him. Good job, and God bless :)
Katrover Swatroad chapter 1 . 4/6/2009
What a tragic ending, after such a nice story ...

Why was Yen Sid so hostile, though? I'm sure that at this point in time, when the Heartless weren't so well-known, Nobodies haven't been discovered yet.
Rebecca Cunningham chapter 1 . 1/29/2009
I like the story, it is so sad. One of the few best stories I ever read.
b9 iNe chapter 1 . 1/3/2009
I have one word for you: exquisite.

And that sums it all up. I am still mulling over this amazing story.
dangocrown chapter 1 . 10/9/2008
T-T Sad! Totally heart-wrenching... It's so sweet to see an unexplained character's backstory, and see it just click with the original storyline.
Quazie89 chapter 1 . 9/2/2008
Cool story!
lily23 chapter 1 . 8/11/2008
Omg, that made me tear up. I love the idea of Fantasia!Demyx.

Where,” “is the music in your heart?”

“’Anything that can dance can feel,’” came his soft, final whisper. “’Anything that likes music can love.’”

I love those lines.
hoheehum chapter 1 . 8/9/2008
That was amazing and beautiful and very, very sad.

I love the idea of the world of Fantasia, and bringing together Yen Sid and Demyx was a stroke of genius.
79 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »