Reviews for Pastoral Symphony in Blue Minor
Lil Tanuki chapter 1 . 3/27/2008
D
silver-kin chapter 1 . 3/10/2008
Mr. Luc Court, sir, I just wanted to say that this story is one of my all-time favourites. I read this a long time ago, but I decided to review it anyway. Demyx's characterization is spot on! Yen Sid's too. The entire idea of the fic is beautiful, and the ending made me so sad I almost cried. It's perfect. Absolutely perfect. I have made you my role model. Thank you for the great story.
deja chapter 1 . 2/10/2008
-Around the entryway, he placed several instruments in glass brackets and begged the magician until Yen Sid agreed to enchant them to respond to living beings. They played scherzi for Yen Sid, imitated pizzicato for Myde, and when no one else was around, kept themselves entertained through impromptu jazz sessions.

Greatest mental image /ever/.

Felt like rereading this again. Still love it.

SilverInkblot chapter 1 . 11/10/2007
I like this. And I appreciate all the musical references to Mussorgsky, Stravinsky, Bach, Beethoven, and you know the rest.

Retlaw... Walter... coincidence? I think not ;)
shoster chapter 1 . 11/2/2007
Thet was an amazing fic.

The dialogs between Myde and Yen Sid werw great, and the last dialog [with Yen Sid thoughts] was the greatest.

Also the comparison music to heart, was realy great[especially because the all way the movie work, and Demyx fighting style].
Sandstorm626 chapter 1 . 10/3/2007
Found this through a fanart on deviantART and OMG-

I cried.

I'm not ashamed to admit it.

I always thought that Demyx's past would be tragic, because he's always happy and optimistic. Anyone that optimistic has to have something to look forward to if he gets his heart, unlike the others who were left with nothing.

Alright, well I'm done boring you with my logic. Great..no..AMAZING fic. Definatly fav'd.
The Light's Refrain chapter 1 . 7/20/2007
Lovely peace here. The beginning was so cut, but the ending was so sad. I like how you used the world of Fantasia andi ts characters. Myde was done perfectly, and Yen Sid had the humor that most people forget about.

Heh, and don't think I didn't miss those Mickey references :P

Cya!
Oni-Gil chapter 1 . 7/5/2007
Oh. OH.

...This totally made me cry. That was so SAD! But so beautiful! I love the way Fantasia works around music... I would love it there.
Naiyad chapter 1 . 5/1/2007
My sister is a big fan of yours. One of the reasons I kinda rushed to finish KHII before I completed the journal was because she kept saying that I should really read your stories.

I'm glad she made me do that. You've written with maturity and great sense of clarity. You never went off character, neither in this fic, or any other, and your ideas are always original.

This fic is beautiful. The story moved at a good pace, never rushed and never draggy. Characterization was as usual, perfect. I had a couple of good laughs, and I had a good cry once I was done too.

You inspire me, and I hope you'll take that as the compliment I mean it to be.
cheeky doggie chapter 1 . 4/15/2007
Absolutely heartbreaking.

Yen Sid and Myde, both characterized to the point of perfection, with Yen Sid's disinterested, realistic nature and Myde's natural optimism and self-lessness. How much Yen Sid has come to rely on Myde. The references to the composers and the world of Fantasia, the vague links towards Mickey Mouse and the general feeling of despair that the end brings. When Myde disappeared, it was like everything in Yen Sid's life seemed to break down and halt as well, without Myde there to keep everything in order, which increased the feeling of 'the end'.

And the way it all ties into the KH2 storyline; the Heartless spreading, Yen Sid's apparent hatred of Nobodies, Yen Sid's tower, Demyx's affinity towards music. The _brooms_.

“’Anything that can dance can feel,’” came his soft, final whisper. “’Anything that likes music can love.’”

That line choked up my throat and made me want to cry. Yen Sid, rejecting Myde for fear of what he became is heartwrenching. To think, so much would have gone differently if he had not done that. Absolutely beautiful to read, and definitely my favourite background story of the Thirteenth Order. I loved the way you characterized Myde. And to think he lost his heart because he wished to save the brooms...
WindMage chapter 1 . 2/25/2007
That made me cry. It was so good, and Demyx is my favorite and... Wow.
a.n.g.e.l chapter 1 . 2/12/2007
This is, without a doubt, one of the most original pieces of KH fanfic I have ever read. Demyx is perfect and Yen Sid is completely in character. Very, very well done!
Chajiko chapter 1 . 2/3/2007
This is...breath-taking. Seriously, in a fandom as rife with smut as the KH fandom is (especially where the Organization is concerned) a piece like this is really something to be treasured. Not only is it VERY well-written, but the idea is wholly original and has a heart-breakingly human quality to it. Very well done!
Mistral Ebony chapter 1 . 1/26/2007
...Amazing. Just simply amazing. I'm speechless, really.
runtus maximus chapter 1 . 12/29/2006
That is the best KH fanfiction I have read in a long time. I want to cry now. ;_; Lovely, lovely job.
79 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »