Reviews for Pastoral Symphony in Blue Minor
foscari chapter 1 . 12/22/2006
Really melancholy and sad near the end but it was inevitable that Myde became who he will be. There have been a few pre-KH Demyx fics but none as good as this one. I like the idea of him as Yen Sid's apprentice and Fantasia is one my favourites.
Serphenia chapter 1 . 12/18/2006
...Wow...

I really like this fic...It's...Fitting. Demyx and the rest of the nobodys were too soon forgotten, or so it seems.

I thought I was sick of the angst but...Yeah, this is just so fitting. Demyx coming from where he did...being who he is...

It makes me want more, to know what happens afterward...But we do, don't we? I know it's over but...I still wish for mre.

Thanks for writing this beautiful fic for me to read.
Mordecai-The-Meek chapter 1 . 11/28/2006
Guh! *flails* This was amazing, and the best- and quite possibly the only- attempt I've seen at explaining Yen Sid's stance on Nobodies. I think you captured both personalities expertly. You were awesomely creative with the Fantasia world. Favorited.
animejosse chapter 1 . 11/11/2006
This is one of the best KH-fics I've ever read. That last scene was heartbreaking to read, especially after the subtle changes in their relationship from master/apprentice to almost father/son.
SetsuntaMew chapter 1 . 10/27/2006
This is utterly amazing. It's such a beautiful and realistic seeming background for Demyx, I just love it!
jemisard chapter 1 . 10/15/2006
That was the most incredible, beautiful piece of writing I had read in a long time. The development of Myde and Yen Sid's relationship, from reluctant master and servant to an almost paternal, and truly genuine affection.

The use of the pastoral lands is an excellent choice and the vivid description of Myde makes him so alive.

The inevitability was heartbreaking. And to see Myde fall trying to save the broomsticks, falling doing such a stupidly, pointless, noble thing was so fitting for him.

The end conflict almost brought a tear to my eye, Yen Sid unable to accept the boy with no song left and Demyx having that small spark left, something in him that still called out and was alive despite the fact he wasn't.
clueless nu chapter 1 . 10/15/2006
such a beautiful peice of writing. nothing i can say would do this piece justice.
The Boomerang chapter 1 . 10/11/2006
You've got Demyx's personality down perfectly.

You win at everything.

'Nuff said.
Game On chapter 1 . 9/7/2006
You just never cease to amaze me, mr. Luc Court.

The way everything just flowed through the text...

And I like the Fantasia world you built up. Nice references to the composers.

I would really, really like to see each and every Organization member get a fic like this that haven't already got one.

So mr. Luc Court.

Continue to bless with these godly fics, and we will continue to bless and praise you.

Thank you, mister. Really.
Saesama chapter 1 . 8/27/2006
D:

That was quite possibly the best Org. backstory I've read yet.
Warui-Usagi chapter 1 . 8/27/2006
That was a beautiful story. I'm crying now...I can't believe that. I hardly ever do. That only happens when I'm in love with the characters and in that job you've succeeded very well. I absolutely adored it. Fantastic. Your command of language is inspiring and I absolutely must declare this a favourite. All in all I thought this was wonderful.
Lord Puppetmon chapter 1 . 8/25/2006
Wow.

No, really. Wow. That was just... amazing. I love Myde's characterization and the whole idea of him being Yen Sid's apprentice (by the way, Yen Sid Retlaw? Genius!). And the end... it just hit right there in the heart. So melancholy and well-written and good. Many compliments to you.
Phantasmik chapter 1 . 8/21/2006
Goddamn, I loved it. The color and warmth of the beginning, and Myde's characterization is brilliant. The creation of Fantasia and everything in it is so creative and brilliant. And the end is so sad.

Excellent work, overall.
KatSumeragi1313 chapter 1 . 8/20/2006
I'm crying. You've done your job Luc.

This is maybe the second fic of yours I've read, but now I have to read all hundred-somethin'. This will take a while. I must put you on my faves and I LOVE this piece. The musical names everywhere (just seeing Stravinsky made me laugh) and the tragedy of what he became...I love Demyx.
Empress-Eerian-Sadow chapter 1 . 8/16/2006
oh that was sad. i wanted to cry at the end. i still might.

but it was beautiful.