Reviews for Pastoral Symphony in Blue Minor
foxy crimefighta chapter 1 . 8/16/2006
...

like, oh my gosh.

...

WOW. this was probably one

of the best ficts I've ever

read. like, EVURR ~

I cried emo tears of death

and destruction. really,

I love Demyx so, so much

[ ], & this like,

tore me apart! ;_;

way to go be depressing, haha!

xD

I'll never look at Demyx the

same way again. your writing

is beautiful and just amazing,

I love it so much!

I want to keep this. & call it

mine. [ I won't D ]

just ... just ... wow.

{fav'd}

~ renee . zexnee /

- RIREE
Minnet chapter 1 . 8/15/2006
That was too good. That's almost all I have to say.

Your stories are my favorites, definitely.
Nameless chapter 1 . 8/15/2006
Oh, that hurt! Poor Myde, sacrificing what he had to save the brooms, which he considered to be as alive as he was, and then being rejected after saving them. And yes, some sympathy for Yen Sid, not much but some. Idiot that he is.

Conclusion? Very good, and very sad. One of the most realistic backstories for Demyx that I've seen. And the ending makes me want to cry.
Raina chapter 1 . 8/15/2006
I am in awe. I'm not sure exactly what I could say to express how utterly... amazing this story truly is. I couldn't find a flaw, and to be honest, I wasn't looking.

This adds a whole new depth to Demyx's character, an appreciable aspect that dispels "OMG SUGARHI" Demyx. It gives him something we can relate to, and pity. I can't imagine his story being any other way, now.

It explains why he would be so eager to deny his lack of a heart, shows his strength and compassion. And the irony of the broomsticks is a nice touch. Really, I'm utterly amazed. There are no words to truly describe it.
Indigo Rosebud chapter 1 . 8/15/2006
Wow, just wow. I'd try to write a nice and big poetic review, but I'm sure it won't be able to do the fic justice. Right now, you hold the distinction of being one of two fanfic authors so far who have actually made me cry. It didn't help that I loved watching the old Fantasia over and over again when I was a little girl, and my favorite part was the Greek Mythology section. Still, I noticed in that there are brooms in the KH games (Disney Castle cutscene's I think.) I won't be able to see one again without thinking that they're there because Myde lost his heart to save them...

Honestly, with the amount of wonderfully written but so so sad angst you put in this story, you better furnish us fans with a Demyx to hug.
awesomesen chapter 1 . 8/12/2006
No eloquence here from me, just a bitter sort of you-jerk-you-made-me-cry whineyness. Damn, and this isn't even a fandom I'm invested in. I am bitter and angry with rage. /I had tears for this story./ I read it on your LJ like a good little stalker, but didn't review out of fear and awe. Re-read it here, and decided that since I teared up /again/, I'd just have to swallow my nervousness and review it. This is an act of bravery for me, delurking myself, so bear with me and, uh, actually, if you could turn around and cover your ears and hum while I type all this, that would be /great/.

I like this story. I really, really like this story. The musical references, the dancing hippos, the odd little humor here and there (nymphs!). The fact that the kid was named for his /aunt/. It is desperately unfair that you posess all this talent. It was the broomstick that got me, I admit. I read this whole story knowing what was going to happen, bracing myself for the angst, and I was so cool and prepared and then /not/. I don't know why, or, well, no, I totally know why- it was that dead broom clattering to the floor that got me.

I just very recently began replaying KH2, and now I just know I won't be able to see Demyx or Yen Sid without thinking of this story. And then searching for broomsticks.

Meanie.
Fukki-chan chapter 1 . 8/12/2006
Oh...

My...

GOD!

Such an amazing story!

And sad! ::Hugs Demyx plushie while crying::

It's so beautiful! I LOVE IT!
Guavi chapter 1 . 8/12/2006
You are my hero. I loved all your Organization pieces; but this one...this one's trule a gem. Most fanfictions base themselves off of what is already known by everyone interested in that fandom, and plays off of those things with minor variations. Your fanfictions are like trees, with their roots in the canon world but the truly amazing part is what you've interpreted from those little things already given, with your own characterizations, thoughtful backgrounds, and carefully crafted sentences. But the roots are inportant, as well; they may not be exposed, but are definately there to support and nurture the rest of the story. I've shown this to a friend; she knew next to nothing about Kingdom Hearts besides having watched the intro to KHII, and even she was touched by this have someone who's unfamiliar with a certain fandom love something from there...that is what's truly the most difficult thing to achieve.

Keep it up. I'll be sure to check on your page often.
yuki hibiki chapter 1 . 8/11/2006
T.T very sad ending... very good fic yo... i really really like't it a lot... if you could find the time... maybe you could write a part two... only if you want to (or did already... i fave to check your other fics) *gives you pixy stix and ice cream* ... uh... merry x-mas yo (im not good at reviews... ) _ bye bye
Elias Dae chapter 1 . 8/11/2006
That was one of the best one shots that I have ever read.
Chibi Cheesecake chapter 1 . 8/10/2006
Sometimes, the fics in this fandom leave a little to be desired, so it's always really thrilling to find a gem like this one.

The characterization was spot-on, and the end was heartwrenching even though I knew it was inevitable. _; Excellent story, thanks for sharing it!

-CC
starflashed chapter 1 . 8/10/2006
this is beautiful, so very, very beautiful. stunning descriptions and such well-thought-out settings/plot elements. i'm amazed. what an intriguing take on demyx and yen sid's pasts. i loved your characterizations of the two of them to death, and the end... god, the end, you had me in tears. the sudden, startling transition of the vibrant myde to his nobody counterpart was heartwrenching and extremely difficult to accept. what really got me was how it was his own selflessness that did him in. D: wow. i'm really amazed by this, and still incredibly choked up with emotion. aw god, lmao. anyway, wonderful job. i'm so faving this.
Alba Aulbath chapter 1 . 8/10/2006
Oh god. My heart just completely broke here.

Yen Sid is completely in character here, yet I can't help but feel like he's terribly cruel at the very end. Maybe understandably so, but. Gah.

Urge to hug Demyx, rising.
GKit chapter 1 . 8/10/2006
Amazing - your writing's as breathtaking as ever. In all honesty, I'm crying. Demyx is undoubtedly my favorite of the Organization, as well as my favorite of the Kingdom Hearts characters...and you managed to portray him perfectly to me. I love how you used the names of composers, and transformed Fantasia into one world. The dialogue is gripping, and the story painted a vivid picture in my mind.

My favorite line: ' "Anything that can dance can feel," came his soft, final whisper. "Anything that likes music can love." '

That, and Yen Sid's comment about "glorified mops."

Keep up the awesome writing, and Organization XI works - each one glues me to the computer every time.
Kyuunen chapter 1 . 8/10/2006
The best one-word description I can make for fic is "fascinating." You crafted the world of Fantasia so innovatively; I love your idea of the different songs becoming the different countries of the world and it was also intriguing the way that the composers are almost like the creator gods of the Fantasia world.

Of course, neither can I ignore your characterization of Demyx's whole-embodiment personality. The logicity was impeccable to derive him from that sort of environment that embraced all the characteristics that make the Nobody who he is. I loved to see the dynamics of the characters as they bounced off each other in that sort of "straight-man vs. comic" double act gig. But within the endearing antics also came those horribly poignant moments, such as that line which Yen Sid echoes in the bittersweet ending.

Oh, and don't let me forget to mention your references to Mickey. They are easily passed over by a careless eye, so when I found the little nods toward the Mouse King, they were just fun Easter Eggs that made reading this even more fun in addition to the incredible base plot.

It's a shame that more people can't write things like this and instead feel like they have to flock to Alternate Universes; there are infinite possibilities in the Kingdom Hearts Universe, unlike in a stupid High School Universe. But I suppose the rarity makes fics like this all the more sweeter.

~Kyuu