Reviews for The Truth About the Scarlet Pimpernel With Jokes
Fleur24 chapter 1 . 10/26/2011
This was ABSolutely fantastic! So awesomely funny!

""The meeting broke up in the usual fashion, with a round of drinks (all right, a few rounds of drinks) and the usual toasts: to the King, to the King of France (Marguerite just pretended to drink to those, because she is still actually a Republican), to their tailors, to their horses, and to their absent but long-suffering and incredibly understanding wives. Some of them drank to Marguerite's cleavage but they kept it to themselves as they didn't want Percy - or, even more terrifyingly, Marguerite - killing them."" HAHA!

So fuuny!
Lord Death's Paramour chapter 1 . 6/29/2010
I did always wonder about those inconsistancies... Thanks for clearing them up!
Dame Grise chapter 1 . 4/28/2009
I was thinking of this story over the weekend while talking to my boyfriend (We were watching Dr. Who.). It's very funny, and I love your explanation of Armand's age problems. I had to come look it up especially so I could enjoy it again.
ShotgunOpera chapter 1 . 12/29/2008
too. freakin. hilarious.

loved it. :D
Roronoa Emi chapter 1 . 11/30/2008
Holy shit that was bloody amazing! *gives Dewhurst a pat on the back*
austenfan1990 chapter 1 . 12/10/2007
This was utterly delightful...and hilarious! The clever way you mixed modern attitudes while making them believable in such a historical context was fantastic! Thanks for sharing!

austenfan1990
Isha-libran chapter 1 . 11/4/2007
Hee. I enjoyed this. And yes, I was confused by the differing ages for Armand, as well. ;)

Thanks for sharing this, I really enjoyed it-especially the footnotes! )
dwynwen chapter 1 . 3/23/2007
AWesome! AWesome, awesome, awesome!

I've just finished reading the scarlet pimpernel and this is so funny - 'tis quite, wuite amazing!

x
joey tramer chapter 1 . 12/12/2006
The only thing I learned from your story is how not to snort with laughter while reading this at work! It involves kleenex, and clamping your hand over most of your face :D I've read a few of the "sillier" attemps with the Scarlet Pimpernel and I have to say that yours was the most humorous without being insulting. I enjoyed it very much, thanks for the laugh!
BadWolf87 chapter 1 . 9/18/2006
*ROFL* OMG! That was great! I absolutely cracked up reading about Percy's clip on cravats and the League's toasting. The thing with Armand's age has been bugging me of late as I'm just now reading El Dorado. Ah well. Great job!
Medea Smyke chapter 1 . 8/30/2006
LMAO! This piece was just too funny! Thanks for the laughs. Ah, I love the Scarlet Pimpernel.
katyfriday chapter 1 . 8/25/2006
Brilliant! This was really funny - I, too, love Orczy's books, but she was just a teensy bit inconsistent... I would love to pick a favourite part, but it's tricky (although I tend to favour Percy's leadership qualities ie: lurking in shadows looking moody!) I hope you have plans for more?
MeadowLark4491 chapter 1 . 8/18/2006
I thought Hastings was married...That was very humorous.
AMarguerite chapter 1 . 8/18/2006
That was really quite enjoyable.

As for footnote 3. I vote Sir Andrew, friend-who-was-dropped-on-the-head-as-a-small-child. There are moments where he crosses the border of "supportive best friend", as in one of the sequels, (Sir Percy Leads the Band?) when one of the Leaguers says something mean to Percy, and Andrew wants to do said Leaguer bodily injury. There's another point in time where Andrew says something like, "I don't care if you call me a bounder, but" and then starts ranting about Percy's greatness. Hm. Perhaps he went to a boarding school where keenness was so prized that the teachers thought keenness, in sufficent qualities, could make up for other things, like intelligence, talent, and common sense. (Kudos if you catch the Terry Prachett reference).

Or perhaps Andrew *isn't* really the supportive best friend everyone thinks he is and acts like a shameless toady to make up for his own feelings of inadequacy? *ponders*
Beware of the Fluffy Ones chapter 1 . 8/18/2006