Reviews for Invisible
Yellow chapter 1 . 4/18/2013
SOOOOO GOOODDDD :D
azerjaban chapter 1 . 8/28/2011
Sometimes, Dean was the net, marking the center line while his father and his brother lobbed insults at each other.

That line really punched me in the chest. Couldn't Sam, have realized that after the shapeshifter? or Faith?

Nice POV, funny and angsty at the same time. Thanx for the read.
ranchan-akari chapter 1 . 4/14/2011
Gah! You managed to pack so much meaning in such a short time. o_o That was wonderful.
What cybermen say chapter 1 . 6/5/2010
This is wonderful. I love how Dean is in character and you showed all the things he never gets to say out loud. Really, truly wonderful.
Neellok chapter 1 . 5/22/2010
Wow! Very Powerful.
jenelric chapter 1 . 5/12/2010
This is amazing! I almost started tearing up at the end...so wonderful! The last two lines were just perfect. Fantastic job on this!
Princess of Lies chapter 1 . 3/23/2010
This story made me cry. It was really well written, and you did a great job portraying Dean.
Samantha V chapter 1 . 11/29/2009
Really well written, and so sad! But I had to laugh at "Dang it, Earl, that there pool cue is just floating in mid-air! Ain’t no one holding it. I gotta lay off the shine." Absolutely priceless!
LunaNigra chapter 1 . 6/21/2009
It's beautiful!

Loved it!

lg luna
bhoney chapter 1 . 1/24/2009
Wow, this was really very well-written. So sad: "Because you have to actually see something to hate it."

And this: "No 'It’s not fair that after all these years of holding the family together, we left you alone and never kept in touch,'" broke my heart for Dean.

This was beautifully written: "And in shattering he had become visible at last. A thousand glittering pieces of diamond." Great imagery. Also liked the metaphors you used for Dean coming between his dad and Sam-the wall, the rope, the net. I recently did a fic where I wrote about this, too. It's rich material, and I liked what you came up with.

This made me smile: "And that Sammy must have been a chick in another life." Nice bit of humor in the midst of so much sadness.

And loved the ending: "By the time he was twenty-two, Dean Winchester realized he had become invisible. At twenty-eight, he reappeared." Loved that his family finally realized what he meant to them.

Nicely done!
lembas7 chapter 1 . 9/19/2007
God, tear my heart out and serve it up on a platter with tears as a garnish.

Wonderfully wrenching, and beautiful.
burnmedown chapter 1 . 7/1/2007
I just had to review this even though it's old. Very well done - angsty and, I think, very true to Dean's role in the family, and with just enough humor to make it true to Dean's personality.
greatestheights chapter 1 . 4/13/2007
That was heartbreaking and quite insightful-poor Dean. There's really a lot more to him than most seem to give him credit for, and I like how you explored his emotions in here.

Nice job!
NovemberSGA chapter 1 . 4/1/2007
Well written. My thoughts exactly. 'Invisible' how tragically appropriate. John and Sam may not mean to be but they are very short-sighted and selfish. Dean is SELFLESS and self sacrificing to a fault. Good descriptions and excellent Dean introspection. I really liked the metaphors and the way you write lets us all see just how this was tearing him apart inside, breaking his heart...but in true Dean form he has been, and still is, suffering in silence.

In the episode Home (I think it was) even his mother's spirit paid him little attention. Sparing him only a BRIEF sidelong glance as she walked right passed him...geez my heart broke for him right there...he could have been, for all intensive purposes, at that moment..."invisible"

Poor Dean. All he wants is to hold what's left of his family together. And all Sam and John do is strive to rip it apart. All they can see is anger and their own agenda.

Each one having to have the last word, each insisting he's right. Battling needlessly over trivial matters that could be handled with simple communication. Their battles unyielding and relentless.

John and Sam are so much alike: Single-minded, bull-headed, selfish, and suffering from tunnle vision.

Dean: Ever the peacemaker...or trying to be. Fighting a constant and ever loosing battle for the only thing he's ever needed or wanted. The only thing he has left worth fighting for. He is selfless and has given up everything else in his life for this family...the one that is now bent on tearing itself apart.

Dean gave up his childhood at the age of 4. He gave up his dreams as he became a young adult...he gave up everything, willing to give his very life for the two people he has left in this world...the two people who ARE his world...the two people who so easily left him behind without so much as a word...the two people who have done the worst possible thing they could have ever done to a devoted brother and obedient son...they left him...completely and utterly alone...COLD.

Sam left for school. Angry with his father. But he didn't have to cut his brother out.

Sam: What are you doing here Dean? (Not hey big bro. Nice to see you, glad your okay.)

Dean: Well, I needed to talk to you.

Sam: You could have called.

Dean: If I had, would you have answered? (He knows, heck we all know the answer to that question.)

Sam: -Silence-

Dean: Dad's missing.

Sam: You don't need me. You can do this by yourself.

Dean: Yeah, but I don't want to.

Sam: -Silence-

Dean: Two years. I've never bothered you, asked you for anything. I need your help.

FAITH

Sam finally comes around and sees what he's about to loose.

John; still not answereing the phone...even though his son is DYING!

IMTOD

Dean (comatose) to John: Aren't you going to do anything? I mean, you haven't called a soul for help. I've done everything you've ever asked. EVERYTHING. I've given all I have and you're just going to sit there and watch me die?

Just a few of the many, many examples that come to mind in reference to what you have so expertly penned in your one-shot.

Yes, I know...ramble much? (I admit I tend to do that. Sorry)
nyxlily chapter 1 . 3/25/2007
Oh, that was so tragic.. and so very true. A great insight into the Winchester family. I've always thought John and Sam takes Dean for granted, and Dean might not even realize it. But here, where he does realize it, it just adds to the tragedy.

And the prose was beautifully written. Thanks for sharing your work.