Reviews for Before Evolution
GothikStrawberry chapter 8 . 3/25/2008
uuh...spooky...and I think I'll side with John ... they are going to have a hard time explaining things to the Professor. :)

Anyhoo GREAT fic! Sequel? Please. :)
BladeMasterAd chapter 8 . 3/24/2008
Awesome story. Any plans for more before EVO tales?

Blade
RoguefanAM chapter 8 . 3/24/2008
Love this fic! It's nice seeing Mariko again - why did the author pick her to die out of all the Exiles? *Pouts* They killed the most interesting one!

Anyway, glad to see someone else likes Exiles Sunfire!

Hmm...I wonder if Morph and Mariko's relationship gonna take the Lucy/Skrull boy route ala Runaways. I've seen a few subtle hints that it might, but I don't know...maybe you'll surprise me? Eh, and if you don't know what I'm taking about, just look up Lucy in the Sky on wiki - you should understand enough from reading her profile. If, that is, her profile hasn't been edited with false information...

Update ASAP!
GothikStrawberry chapter 7 . 1/17/2008
Aw...Storm and Thunderbird sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G. :)

Sorry I know that was horribly juvenile but I thought those two finally kissing was just too cute. :) Not to mention that John got jealous of Tony Stark.

Though I feel a growing sens of dread when it comes to John's well-being as he isn't on the show ...

Anyhoo another wonderful chapter. :) I can't wait for more.
GothikStrawberry chapter 6 . 10/30/2007
Looks like Mariko finally told Morph (and the rest of the team) the truth ... though it was a little awkward at first it wasn't nearly as bad as Mariko thought it would be.

Anyhoo GREAT chapter. :) I can't wait for more X-men adventures. :)
GothikStrawberry chapter 5 . 6/19/2007
*does-the-update-dance* YAY! You've updated!

Looks like Morph has foot-in-mouth-syndrom when it comes to Mariko ... though I think the reason she is a bit distant towards him. Poor guy. But he managed to cheer up Storm. :)

Anyhoo great chappie! I can't wait for the next wonderful update.:)
Luc Star chapter 5 . 6/18/2007
Good chapter. John went bonkers on the weights. 15 tons and he wants more... God... i wish i could lift just a ton. Morph seems to be digging himself into a deeper hole each time he talks to Mariko... hope that changes soon. Though, he did a pretty good job at calming down the weather goddess. Anyways, can't wait to read what will happen next. I wonder which mutant it is we are dealing with this time around (only mutant I know is Avalanche and since this is based in the past of X-Men Evolution.. i doubt its Lance). take care of yourself, and keep up the good work.
Luc Star chapter 4 . 4/26/2007
Hey DS, read it so I thought I'd drop in here and let you know what I thought about it.

This was a bit of a slow chapter, not much happening. Though, I have to wonder if Morph is the only one who is infatuated with Mariko or not.

Also, I didn't get why John was mad/upset when he was done talking to the professor.

It was good to see Mariko finally coming out of her shell and to see that Ororo found someone to share her pain with.

Anyways, that's all for now. Take care and update soon.
GothikStrawberry chapter 4 . 1/9/2007
Sorry I'm so late reviewing ... I was on holidays ... yay me... :)

Anyway as usual I truly enjoyed your writting, it was funny and I liked the introspective moment between Storm and Thunderbird. Wonderful chapter!
Amokitty chapter 4 . 1/4/2007
I REALLY liked having the spotlight on Thunderbird this chapter! I see his feelings of isolation and alienation are similiar to the 616 T-Bird we all know and love.

I also liked the subtle nod to continuity with the conversation between John and Ororo. It harkens back to the Classic X-Men backup story they were in so many years ago. The conversation gives more insight to both characters, and I love it. There has always been a sense of the tragic when it comes to John, and I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees it.

Morph and Mariko are now on a slippery slope, and I've got a bad feeling as to how it will all end. In some strange way, I think it might not go well with Logan either. This chap. has its hilarious and introspective moments, which always makes for great reading. I so enjoyed this!

"Don't start with me!" *snickers*
Amokitty chapter 1 . 11/7/2006
This chapter has some interesting drama for Logan. I liked seeing him softening in his attitude with Mariko. Is this chap. the beginning of a changing dynamic with the two?

I've always been a big fan of Alpha Flight. Wonderful to see Mac make an appearance. The mention of Chasen gave me a pause. Wow. You sure know your Alpha Flight/Wolverine history! Wasn't it Chasen's tie that Logan cut in his very first appearance? I simply love the sense of continuity that you bring to your stories.

Enjoying your take on T-Bird. Morph is a riot. Though it's nice seeing him display a more serious side. Morph isn't some one dimensional heckler. He has feelings too, and I'm NOT surprised that Logan was the one who trampled them.

Why do I get the impression that something bad is going to happen that involves Logan, Morph, and Mariko? I like the suspense of it! Update soon!
GothikStrawberry chapter 3 . 10/30/2006
Weapon Alpha is Vindicator, right? ... He is going to be embarrassed when he finds out why Logan left Department H.:)

But I have to say I that the best about this chapter was - once again - Morph rocking out to the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Just thinking about that scene makes me grin. I absolutly loved it.

Anyhoo well done! I can't wait to see what happens next. :)
The Evil Carlita chapter 1 . 10/22/2006
I'm in awe. Utterly, completely, and happily. I'm so happy with the characters you've chosen, but the most impressive aspect of this story is the story-telling. Your vocabulary outshines many, and your prose is well-honed. Keep writing, and I'll happily keep reading.

-The Evil Carlita of Newly Evolved
Amokitty chapter 2 . 9/21/2006
Song named chapters. I like! Good to see the characters meshing and clashing. What an interesting chapter you've given us so far!

Your Morph kills me. THUNDERPUSS! Ho! - God, I almost spit out the Diet Rite I was drinking. That was truly inspirational. :D

Logan's dialogue is clearly from the early Claremont/Cockrum/Byrne days. Very nice touch. Is there more to his disdain of Mariko than he's letting on, or is Logan just that nasty of an SOB? Curious.

George Bush - SNL Dana Carvey. I laughed out loud. Again, I LOVE the little incidents that give this story it's age and ambience. I enjoyed Morph and Mariko's conversation. I'm fearful of seeing heartbreak ahead for Morph, but it makes for great reading to watch these two develop their friendship.

And, and... Apocalypse! Maybe? Please update this soon!
Luc Star chapter 2 . 9/18/2006
Hiya DS,

Sorry for the slightly late review but you know how hectic life can be I’m sure.

Anyways, this was as yet another great chapter that superbly displayed your writing and story telling techniques.

Nice way of starting out the chapter with the DR session. And loved - absolutely loved Morph’s impersonation of Lion-O from the Thundercats. God, that brought back memories. I think I have the Thundercats theme song on my computer. It’s one of my all-time favourite theme songs from back in the days. And now I feel like listening to it over and over again. Oh well, better than any new song I’ve heard recently.

Ok, Logan was being a jerk. That was for sure. But his reasons for being that way were on the mark as well - as brought up at the end of the chapter. Professor X has his points as well, but I guess I’ll have to wait and see what will happen in the future to decide which one of the two was right.

Loved Ororo standing up to Logan. As well as Morph trying to console Mariko. You know, I realised you have a rare opportunity here. Mariko lived and died a human in the X-Men comics, but here, as a mutant you have a chance to really explore her character. I hope her character will get a chance to grow as this story progresses.

Take care of yourself DS. Before I go, I’ll only say two things. Keep up the great work and keep 'em coming.

Later.