Reviews for Unstable Origins
pandagirl23 chapter 20 . 2/19/2014
Great work! I loved the thing you did with 3D. Back to the future's one of my favorite movies!
aurum88 chapter 20 . 6/1/2013
Awesomness! That was an amazing story! I'm kind of sad that it's over now though. For the sequel you should do it at the start of the series (i know you were debating about that) and you should definitely have Scott meet Jack again, because it's kind of obvious to see that Scott is still scarred by that whole experience. That would be really cool. As always, great job, and never stop writing!
aurum88 chapter 17 . 6/1/2013
That stinking curling iron! It's so mean!

That chapter was really good! I like how you just sort of hinted at what happened to the girl, without blatantly saying it. Great job!
aurum88 chapter 12 . 5/29/2013
That was a really good chapter. The conversation between Kurt and the Professor was very realistic! Kurt's doing a really good job on his "englisch" :) It's going to be so funny when Kurt meets Scott and Jean
aurum88 chapter 4 . 5/23/2013
This story is really good. Just wondering though, is this story of Scott cannon? I haven't read many (make that any) X-men comics, just the TV show... So yeah. But like I said, this is really interesting and I can't wait to see what happens next!
aurum88 chapter 3 . 5/23/2013
Ahhhhhh! Nooooo! Scott! Professor, get your butt there faster!
SOulWindWALKER chapter 20 . 4/5/2013
Amazing story! I had a great time reading it all the way through and very much look forward to your great writing in the next story!
SOulWindWALKER chapter 9 . 3/30/2013
This story is amazing! Suspense, character development and plot all have me hooked! I was wondering if you still had the linknyou were referring to in this comment:

"Whew! I never did get permission from L. Burke to borrow Scott's Nightmare, so I had to change it. Remember Scott's nightmare? Way up there at the beginning? I was actually inspired to add it when I read a story entitled 'Neither Slave Nor Master.'

It's really good. It is totally the coolest ComicScott I've read, and a lot of my ideas for this story actually came from this author. If you want the link, ask me in an email or in your review, and I'll give you the link, because won't let me post it here."
Da ninja chapter 20 . 2/3/2013
I'm glad someone has finally posted an origins story!
kshima91 chapter 9 . 7/5/2012
Hi! I know this story finished years ago but would you still be willing to give out that link to the comic you mention in chap. 9? If you are you can email me at

Thanks!
lychee loving chapter 20 . 10/5/2011
Hi, I already told you how awesome this is didn't I? I'm just leaving another review on the last chapter for posterity. It deserves it, anyway. As far as origin stories go, this one is one of my favorites. It meshes the little we know from the cartoon and the additional info from the little-known Evolution comic quite well, with the added bonus of main comic canon continuity! The addition of Todd and Kurt, though minor, was awesome. It flows so smoothly into the cartoon series' first episode! It's all rather akin to an early Christmas present. I love it.

Have I mentioned how I love every character in this? Everyone was pitch perfect. I'm so envious of how well you write the Professor. Seriously, it's not easy to make the Prof adorable, but you did with how excited he was at explaining genetics, finding new mutants, explaining his little school... Charles was so adorable and yet dignified!

Speaking of dignified, your Ororo was great, too. I love that she spoils the kids already. I love that you have her teaching Scott and Jean. The flying lessons were perfection. And the little finger foods... So cute, guhhh.

Logan was hilarious. I loved it. Grousing and grumbling but so protective. Still running off on his weeks long motorcycle rides to find himself - the tiny comment of Storm electrocuting him when he doesn't tell her he's leaving made my entire night, haha.

Lastly, I adore your Scott and Jean. Initially it was because younger!Scott and Jean? How is it not adorable? But also because it's so rare to find stories about them where they aren't portrayed annoyingly stiff or mean or whatever. This gives such a nice, believable insight to them both. :)
lychee loving chapter 7 . 10/5/2011
(reviewing again to say that YAY you read the X-Men Evolution comic! Sometimes it seems like I'm the only one on this site who's heard of it, which makes me a little sad. It wasn't great, admittedly, but I like how the X-Men's origins were explained in it. As well as Ororo explaining how her powers need selective control too - I picked up on that the moment she said the words in this fic and was. Ridiculously excited. I loved that line; it really did suit Ororo in spades!)

(okay, back to reading.)
lychee loving chapter 5 . 10/5/2011
Okay so I'm loving this all so far. I am a sucker for pre-series, origins story type of fics, and this one is fantastic :)

I don't usually review completed fic until I reach the final chapter but I need to ask - is the junk DNA theory here from comics canon? I'm sorry, I just. Really needed to ask. I've only ever seen X-Men genetics explained once in an issue of Astonishing X-Men, and Hank said the mutation was chromosomal in nature (I think it was chromosome 20? 21? or something!), so this is news to me. Good, not bad news btw! Since I think the junk DNA theory is kind of more believable than Beast's, haha. Finally, a use for all that supposedly useless DNA! We could all be mutants without realizing it, aaah! :)
Eosophobia-3 chapter 14 . 7/1/2011
i am so loving this!

I know you've gotten soooo many reviews but I just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to create something so well thought out and detailed. I'm reading a little each night (as i kinda don't want it to end) and I've actually dreamt about it a couple of times!

keep up the great work,

Eosophobia-3

xx
SOulWindWALKER chapter 1 . 2/14/2011
wow, cool story really good read thanks!