Reviews for A Simple Gift
Kitsune1978 chapter 1 . 3/16/2012
Simple gift... Kazekage's hat? Pretty wonderful gift I would say ;)

I love Kankurou playing behind the scenes. This is what true puppetmastering means ;)

Great story.
chuochuo chapter 1 . 10/4/2011
Oooooh I absolutely loved it!
GSYH chapter 1 . 5/27/2011
Kankurou is so awesome, and so very much Under The Radar.

Rewatched the Sand Siblings to the rescue part of the Sasuke Bucket Arc, and while his siblings leveled forests and fields, Kankuro managed his kills like a ninja!

I really like the way you write Kankurou, his awareness of what he is good at and not, his lack of resentment.
Mute Wordsmith chapter 1 . 6/20/2010
Hum... I like this fanfiction an awful lot... Very short, very interesting, very in-character...
None231223 chapter 1 . 1/16/2010
Funny enough, I had the same idea when I was close to the end. Along with a few other ideas. :) Nice portrayal, I like it. Simple and interesting at the same time.
ihonestlydontknow chapter 1 . 12/17/2009
Yay, sandsibs and Kazekage!Gaara! Usually, it's Temari that takes the inishiative in doing something nice for Gaara, but this time, it's Kankuro. Nice switch.
Edlama chapter 1 . 8/13/2008
Very nice fic. I love how you make Kankurou a subtle diplomat, and linked that to his puppeeter training. I like this side of him.
Storymaster Caith chapter 1 . 3/5/2008
Wow.

Words cannot express how much I love this story. Your characterization of Kankuro goes above and beyond. I LOVE the idea of him as a political puppeteer, and the image suits him frighteningly well.
timme chapter 1 . 1/31/2008
i love kankuro's view of politics. you didn't give gaara much of a personality though, or character. a sequal would be great; to see the fruits of kankurou's labor?
sei mong chapter 1 . 1/22/2008
all hail...an insightful and manipulative piece... very well written. love the almost whimsical nature of the narrative despite the subject matter
Dreaming of Everything chapter 1 . 7/16/2007
This is just beautiful. One one hand, it's a touching look at the bonds between Kankurou and Gaara (and, to a lesser extent, Temari) but remains completely in-character, which is always wonderful to find, and on the other hand it's a great explanation of how Gaara actually *became* Kazekage, which I've never really seen addressed, before.

I love how you make Kankurou a devious political manipulator, because it *fits*.

Over-all, this is a fantastically done story! I'm really impressed. _
Planet Mads chapter 1 . 3/8/2007
Yay for brotherly love! The Suna sibling moments always make me smile. Keep it up! This was brilliant. I just adored the ending lines: 'Kankurou plans on handing the Kazekage’s hat to Gaara on his birthday. He just hopes the timing works out.'
prodigale chapter 1 . 11/22/2006
i can't exactly say much to such a fic like that. maybe a simple word will do? (thinks) alright, try AWESOME! there you go. this is by far the first fic i've come across that really serves to explain how gaara got the post of kazekage. coincidentally, that tiny little detail left out from the manga about how gaara got his position was bugging me the whole day, and TAADAA, somehow, by fate's doing (think hyuuga neji terms), i've stumbled across this fic to explain everything. well, it's not exactly CANON in a sense, but hey, a little pretention never hurts, and ignorance IS bliss.

adding onto my favorites.
inkcyan chapter 1 . 10/4/2006
Aw...Gaara and Kankuruo being brotherly! *grins* Wonderfully written story, as always XD
Loves Yaoi chapter 1 . 8/15/2006
Wow! Excellent work! I can picture Kankurou doing that. It was very good. Keep up the great work!