Reviews for Lucky
guest chapter 1 . 2/22/2014
pretty good story
marora chapter 1 . 12/2/2009
This is both an excellent coming of age story and a great tale of the difficulties of foot soldiers. The only nitpicky issue I have is with the misuse of peruse. Both webster and oxford define it as 'too examine carefully'. No pressure though, the only reason I know this is from SAT studying a while back.
BukkakeNoJutsu chapter 1 . 12/13/2008
This is a very solid oneshot. Quite romantic in the face of conflict and survival.
Illusion of the Mirror chapter 1 . 6/11/2008
Wow...

All I can say is wow.
axle3610 chapter 1 . 2/2/2008
Wonderfully written and well thought out. You had to have outlined this to write the story so well. Too many fanfic writers don't take time to plot out and outline their stories. You did a wonderful job. I can't wait to read more of your stories.

It was hard to figure out who was speaking in some of the dialogue but that wasn't a real problem. Still a great read.
Michikame chapter 1 . 12/5/2007
This is such a wonderful and beautiful story; it's very well written and this pairing isn't very common for some reason. :( I'm really happy you wrote this; it's amazing and just - I love it.
alokin chapter 1 . 11/22/2007
Fantastic ! Bravo !

Now thats what I call fanfiction ! I usually read stories with 100 0 words , but I noticed that people put more effort in these little ones . Or is it just inspiration ? Like being caught in the moment ?

Imagine what kind of story you could make if you put all these little masterpieces together ! Hundreds of minds catching characters from hundreds different angles ...

You know , I like watching Avatar but I really get interested only when Sokka makes an appearance ...

Is that because hes just some ordinary guy , a non-bender ? (I dont exactly understand why his sister is one and hes not, maybe I missed out on something )

Can I make an request ? Id like to see Sokka as a water bender in some fanfic ... from the very beggining ...

That would be challenging and ,I think , it wasnt done before .

I would try myself but Im not that great at capturing personalities . Tell me what you think of the Sokka-bender idea !

plz
SMSH chapter 1 . 11/10/2007
that was lovely. It was fantastically well written, and all the thoughts and emotions you were seemingly trying to convey showed through nicely. Great job :)
Shadow Wasserson chapter 1 . 10/7/2007
I like this. The structure is very interesting to read, with dialouge-heavy passages spaced between backstory and description with no dialouge. It strikes an interesting balance, preventing the reader from getting bored from long passages solid dialogue or exposition. I also like the repetition of "they were lucky." It is very effective in pulling the entire story together.

I also thought it was very tender and sweet, the way you described Sokka and Suki's interactions. The idea of war stripping Sokka of his presumed arrogance I think is spot-on.

Only one thing, so small that I even feel embarassed pointing it out, is that it is extremely unlikely to get the bends from just holding your breath and diving, unless you go down over 100 feet, dozens of times. This is because the bends comes from breathing compressed air, which you can't do unless you have a scuba tank. So, Sokka probably couldn't have gotten the bends.

I know it's just fantasy, though, so you don't have to pay physics any attention if you don't want to.
sokkasukiX3333 chapter 1 . 9/17/2007
aw amazing story...wish it was longer (:
SylverEyes chapter 1 . 5/30/2007
That was very nice.

Coincidentally, I was listening to the song "Lucky" by Hoobastank while I was reading this. It actually fits quite well with this oneshot, and it totally set the mood for me. XD

The writing was beautiful, and the style really painted a picture of what you wanted us to see. The amount and timing of the information on their predicament was well thought out, and made it all the more interesting when we came upon it.

The ending was very in character for both of them, and it didn't make me sad either. More... hopeful, but that's not the right word either.

I don't know if you support Sokka/Suki (I don't really), but even if you don't, you write it extremely well, and I commend you for this effort.

-... it was long too...-

Great job!
justicar347 chapter 1 . 3/17/2007
I liked this one a lot. Romantic, but a bit angsty at the end. There realy isn't enoungh good Sokka/Suki fics out there.
Jee Willikers chapter 1 . 12/12/2006
There simply aren't enough Suki/Sokka fics out there. I love this! A fave, for sure. :D
Risamylovly chapter 1 . 12/4/2006
Good story I will read more of what you have wrote.
ano chapter 1 . 10/24/2006
That was amazing. Very tasteful. Nice one.