Reviews for Ain't Like I Planned
lisamariem chapter 16 . 1/27
That was AWESOME!
A pairing I never thought I'd like.
Thank you!
-L
MidsummerMoonlight99 chapter 16 . 8/28/2013
I really love this story and this pairing, it's one of the few fanfics I've read twice, it's just that good. As a reader I love seeing crack pairings being written and this particular one is both odd an yet oddly intriguing. Cid and Yuffie are in such good form here, not a spot of OOcness to be seen anywhere. Your talents are remarkable. This fic has been completed fro several years now and you've probably moved on from fanfiction but I just wanted you to know that you work is incredible, and you shall be missed.
Rosettast chapter 16 . 4/27/2013
Best fanfic of all time. Excellent work. I loved it. Wonderful ;)
SilentCoru chapter 1 . 9/29/2012
Quite the start. Love the voice and emotion.
KazeCat chapter 16 . 9/7/2010
Well... This was... interesting.

As I said before, I like the way you picture Yuffie and Cid (admittedly I've never really thought about his personality - guess you hit the nail on the head), also everything seems rather 'realistic', as far as it is possible to say that.

Personally, throughout the story there were a few things that irked me a little; the importance of the lemon for example (it REALLY felt like a fling/meaningless affair imo), the somehow ...weird ending (love the details, though) and something else I can't really describe or put my finger on... But that's all just my personal taste.

So after all, this fanfic increasingly lost kind of its appeal for me as the plot thickened, but it's still awesomely written and really an interesting idea, since it shows some sides of Cid's life that were never really explained.

As for the pairing - I still prefer Cid and Yuffie in a platonic father-daughter-relationship and Yuffentine, but this was an entertaining stroll far off the beaten track.

Like it _
KazeCat chapter 5 . 9/2/2010
I love this fic, that much I can say so far.

Still love your characterizations. When Cid kissed Yuffie, I was surprised and feared they'd go all the way already, but it didn't happen, even though you love to put your sexual tension high, don't you? ;)

Personally I can't stand PWPs. I need a good plot to like a story (good plotcharacterizationwriting style - that's everything I wan), and your plotline is really interesting. I also love the way you switch between the points of view.

*goes reading next chapter*
KazeCat chapter 2 . 9/1/2010
Cid&Yuffie, Non-platonic? ...Weird ._. I really like them as in a dynamic father-daughter-relationship, but I've actually never thought about THAT... Sixteen years age difference ain't that much, but Cid acts like fifty most of the time. This pairing kind of reminds me of Aurikku... Which I admittedly really like when well-written, so I'll give this one a try, too.

The first chapter was very different to anything I've ever read before on and to any picturing of Shera&Cid, too. It seems extremely realistic to me, without any palliating flowery fluff around; that's how relationships are sometimes. You didn't characterize Cid very sympathetic (drinks, smokes, swears, is extremely rude, doesn't talk with Shera about their problems either), but I guess that nailed his character down nearly perfect.

I think you captured Yuffies char very good, too; that's not as easy as it may seem. You managed to show her quirky, cheery, sometimes overeager, a little crazy,... self while also showing her softer, more vulnerable side in her contradictory love for Wutai and her one-sided love for Cloud. Amazing!

There's something else I can't really put my finger on that I love about this fic. I guess it's a mix of the many details you use, the believable actions of your characters and your writing style in general. But I love it so far *_*
Mariagoner chapter 2 . 8/16/2010
This is a surprising pairing, to say the least, but I'm enjoying it so far! Can't wait to see where you'll be taking these two next.
Shadow of Intent chapter 16 . 3/21/2010
Best story ive read of this pairing! Really cute and funny, awesome job ya!
always-kh chapter 16 . 7/2/2009
okay i really liked this ending cute funny sexy okay well maybe not oh and the developments with shera were nice.
always-kh chapter 15 . 7/2/2009
hmm i really like the way you ended the chapter it'd be a good way to end the fic loved the poetry there it fit so nicely
always-kh chapter 14 . 7/2/2009
another good chapter. love the plot developments and the tension. can't wait to see what happens next though shera doesn't seem the type to make a fuss or raise hell over anything.
always-kh chapter 11 . 7/2/2009
another well writen chapter. it was nice having vincent in another role and having them both come to realizations. speeches were all good too.
always-kh chapter 10 . 7/2/2009
wow i really liked this chapter. yeah that was surprising vincent chose then to open his mouth. poor yuff trying to hide everything and then everyone won't stop saying things about it.
always-kh chapter 8 . 7/2/2009
another good chapter i really like how you draw out yuffie's conflicted emotions as well. they're both confused about this.