Reviews for If It Hadn't Been for the Owl
Prince Pondincherry chapter 1 . 7/12/2017
I never knew how much I wanted to read about Moody interacting with Muggle kids, but this was great. Or, well, a Muggleborn at least.
MorgaRoths chapter 1 . 2/12/2016
Absolutely loved this one! Hard to find good Moody stories. Well written and quite enchanting!
aalens chapter 1 . 1/26/2012
One of the best and most original fanfics I've read.
Katamabob chapter 1 . 11/6/2010
Love it! I love the way you write Moody, he's so great...

Kate
Eclectic Me chapter 1 . 6/22/2010
Oh, this story was terrific! As I've already said to several authors, I love nearly any story involving wizard/muggle interaction! And of course, it's so nice to see clear, mature writing on this site! I'll be sure to check out your favorites, as since this story was so well-written, I'm sure they're at the same or a similar level.
J-Kid chapter 1 . 8/8/2008
Hello, I just wanted to say that this was one of the earliest Harry Potter fanfictions I remember reading. :-) It's still very good as I remembered, although I thought for sure that I would never find it again, lost in the sea of fanfiction that is the HP archive. . So I am happy to have read it again.
DeengoBlue chapter 1 . 12/15/2005
How fantastic!

I loved the children-they were very 'real', you could see it in Lisa's constantly fluctuating career plans and Jeremy's bear (security precautions indeed).

Great little story. Thanks so much for sharing.
NM Narcissa Malfoy chapter 1 . 9/27/2002
This story goes to favourites. I have a hankering to see Real!Moody in action and this will do till OotP. :-)Moody seemed very in character.

I loved Moody's relations with the Ministry. "Sherlock Holmes except without the brains." And the children were delightfully written.

NM
Desideria chapter 1 . 9/3/2001
I love this story! One of the best Ive ever read. I would also like to read a sequal, pleeeease!
Tessa Amara chapter 1 . 7/1/2001
Loved that! There was something vaguely... Mercedes Lackey-ish about it. Not quite sure what... I'd love to see a sequel. Especially one in which the owl's character is developed... (I have an owl thing, and he seems like he'd have some potential!)

Tom has the same complaints that he had for the other stories. Oh, wait, he wants to say something!

Tom: Hey! More mudbloods? Agh... Moody... why couldn't Voldemort've done a better job on him? Idiot... Wait. Um, he's supposed to be the grown-up me, isn't he? Uh-oh... *shudders* I don't want to become that bloody idiot!

Anyhow, you'd better take out those little mudbloods. Or I will... heh heh heh... Wait. There's a girl mudblood, isn't there? Is she pretty? *looks interested* You can keep the boys... but the girl sounds quite interesting! Ginny's mad at me, anyhow. She won't kiss me... *sniffles* I didn't mean to nearly kill her in the Chamber... really I didn't...

I feel so alone. Poor me. Ginny, just one itty bitty kiss? Pleeeeaaaseeee? I'm just a nice huggable Dark Lord... I'd never hurt you...

Back to Tessa: Yeah. Anyhow. It's a measure of how interesting your story is that it cheered me up. (You don't want to know what from...)

Keep writing!
Aylihael chapter 1 . 6/14/2001
I too am a Barbara Hambly fan. This story, like your other two owl stories was totally delightful. I like the softer Moody relating to the kids, and the capable "please-man" Moody. We saw a gentle side to Moody as he related to Neville in Goblet of Fire, but of course, that was Barty Crouch, jr, impersonating. Another note: The Fidelius Charm is supposed to be "immensely complicated", according to Prof. Flitwick, so use of this charm either isn't plausible, OR Moody is a VERY powerful and talented wizard (personally I prefer the later, especially as you've portrayed him). Looking forward to more!
Catherine too lazy to sign in Cook chapter 1 . 6/8/2001
This is top-notch! Not a flaw in it! Very professional, and well-done.
deletemyaccount87 chapter 1 . 6/8/2001
I liked this story. It was very original and well written. Good job on it. ::goes off to read 'The Potion Master's Apprentice'::
Nykto chapter 1 . 6/8/2001
I still think that this is one of the best stories I've read. Unquestionably, of the highest quality. The stories of an author, who can show unique, symbiotic relations between the worlds of reality and magic, creates vivid, natural, live-like characters and background settings and capable of working with a realistic atmosphere, are priceless.
Soz chapter 1 . 6/8/2001
this story is hillarious, i love the characterization of moody and the kids and its definatly orignal. thats one of the biggest compliments you can get when your writing in a section with 13000 fics :O), anyhow, awesome job!