Reviews for Doctor Mirabilis
Lyra the BadWolf chapter 13 . 7/18/2009
Wow this story is brillient. I just read the whole thing in one go and it's so good. Your take on Christian mythology is really interesting. Are you going to be updating this again? I know you said in your bio that you're not really writing fanfics anymore, but this is so good, you shouldn't let it die. Anyway, I loved it and would be thrilled if you wrote more.
Delirium-Dreams chapter 13 . 6/26/2008
I love your story. You are doing a great job :) keep it up! luv Rhi
BlueFireMiko chapter 13 . 5/16/2007
I have now become a fan. There's no way of getting rid of me now. I'm hooked. Your writing style is something to be admired. I'll keep coming back to see if you've updated, and if not, I'll just re-read the whole story! Really brilliant. I just can't get enough. -
BlueFireMiko chapter 12 . 5/14/2007
This is amazing. You are amazing. This is great! I can't even find words that describe it properly! You're just...amazingly talented. I can't wait to read more.
ladysnight chapter 11 . 5/4/2007
quite a sad chapter... but perfectly written:-) keep up the great work!
Psionycx chapter 11 . 5/4/2007
Okay, I REALLY liked the dialogue between the Doctor and Martha.

One of the essential (and often neglected) elements of his character is that he IS an alien. It was much more noticable with the First and Second Doctors and levelled off a bit with occasional spikes in the Fourth and Seventh ones. It's now back in full force with the Ninth and Tenth.

But it's a key element of his personality. Much as he loves humans, the Doctor is a member of a highly evolved race and as nice as he is he has always been rather paternal towards them. Romana was the only Companion with which he had anything close to a peer relationship, obviously because she was also a Time Lord.

You're writing that aspect of the Doctor very well. A lot of fic humanizes him too readily when in fact relating intimately to humans is a bit of step for him.

The religion/science dialogues are also great and a lot deeper than what you normally see in fanfic. Like I've said before this reads like it would make a great real episode, although I expect it would offend a lot of people, particularly in the U.S.

Thanks for writing!
Jenga chapter 9 . 4/9/2007
Cool story! Please update soon.
Black Sorceress chapter 8 . 4/8/2007
To be honest, I don't often read anything where the Doctor isn't with Rose and Jack isn't with Ianto, but I don't mind reading the occasional Jack/Doctor. This is a very good one. Please don't irreprably hurt Jack and/or the Doctor. Or Martha I suppose. Update soon, I can't wait to find out what happens next!
Psionycx chapter 8 . 4/7/2007
As always, a really great chapter. Rather existential, like something RTD would write. The historical references are great and really build the feel of the story.

One thing I wonder about (being a hopeless geek) are the references to bodily warmth. The Doctor's body temperature is only around 60 degrees Farenheight. Shouldn't he feel cool to the touch of a human? Okay, you may now flame me for geekiness.
ladysnight chapter 6 . 4/1/2007
'ask them nicely'? lol, as if that'll work ;-) i can't wait to see how the Doctor's going to manage getting them to stop, lol, i can't wait to read more!
Psionycx chapter 6 . 4/1/2007
Well, Cleric Fletcher certainly seems doomed to fall into sin the moment he runs into Jack.

The story is progressing very nicely, almost like a real episode.
Rebecca chapter 1 . 3/31/2007
Like the first person who reviewed, I'm an agnostic so you go ahead and write whatever you like. I also agree with her on the "being over Rose" business, and I love that this story has the Doctor, Martha, and Jack. My one concern would be that it doesn't seem to be updated very often, so I'd have to wonder how long between future updates. But I like the first chapter and will check out the rest soon.
ladysnight chapter 5 . 3/29/2007
tat chapter was so sweet! i re4ally like the idea of the doctor telling the story- and it's great that he did'nt say 'of course my version of events is true...' it's great that u haven't made the Doctor a God who only has one opinion:-p
dhrachth chapter 3 . 2/8/2007
Thumbs up on the 10/Jack-ness. Nicely written so far too.
NN chapter 3 . 1/1/2007