Reviews for Snape, A History
princessswan chapter 22 . 4/19/2007
This is a truly AMAZING story. I was a bit apprehensive about the Snape &Hermione pairing, but I absolutely fell in love with your story &now love them! (: (I'm also quite fond of Draco &Ginny.. there's just something about the Slytherin-Gryffindor pairings! (; Hehe.) Anyway, I really enjoyed this story &you are definitely a great writer! I hope to read more of your stories in the future!
Momochi Zabuza chapter 22 . 4/17/2007
I feel like I missed 5 chapters in between or something. It goes from Snape not knowing whether Hermione's love is reciprocated to Hermione confessing her desire to have children and choosing wedding bands to Mairin. Don't get this wrong, I enjoyed this story very much, just that I don't feel satisfied in a way.

I thank you for writing it however, it was the very thing that kept me through the day, wanting to read this fiction that is.

In any case, I beg you to write another Snape/Hermione fiction! *adds to favorites and alerts*
Revellyn chapter 22 . 4/16/2007
It was a nice read. I liked how you developed Hermione and Severus's relationship under the pretext of writing a tell-all about the war against Voldemort. It was an interesting turnabout, simple in design but sophisticated in its execution. Therefore, it was quite surprising when you simplified everything in the epilogue to ensure that Hermione would be able to do the book deal - I liked everything upto that point, but I will admit that I enjoyed reading about Severus's adoration of his daughter, and vice versa.
Humbae chapter 22 . 4/15/2007
Beautiful, absolutely beautiful. I really liked how you kept the characters in-character, yet gave them some space to grow and mature. I also liked your depiction of Snape, slightly angsty, but not too much so. Hermione also felt like the one Rowling created, and not changed to suit the fanfic author's preferences, as is often case with HGSS-stories. The pace of the story was also nice, not too fast and not too slow. All in all, a damn good piece of fiction, in my humble opinion. :)
Choice chapter 22 . 4/15/2007
This story was amazing, and though I thought you could have slowed down a bit at the end with Hermione and Snape's relationship, it was still wonderful to read!

Kirinin chapter 22 . 4/8/2007
I am not a Snape/Hermione shipper, but from the very first chapter, your story sucked me in. You show the trials and tribulations of getting a (relatively equitable) divorce without lapsing into melodrama.

Snape's puzzlement and tentative advances towards Hermione were so sweet and lovely. His awkwardness was very realistic as well as endearing. Hermione's misunderstandings concerning Snape's supposed poverty were also quite well-done, especially considering Snape's appearance when she first sees him, singed hair and all.

The only thing I would say is that the conclusion to this story is a bit too much on the wish-fulfillment end of things. Hermione's publishing of her book? Nope, not that part - was there ever any doubt she'd find a way?

It was Ron's appearance and his sudden problems with his new marriage. Hermione does not have to be 'the bad guy' - and indeed, she easily flits over the opportunity to say 'I told you so' - but Ron's new marriage looks like it will end for precisely the same reason Ron's and Hermione's did... without Hermione having to say or do anything to prompt it along. For people like Hermione, who pride themselves on being kind and understanding, this is literally ideal: she can go on knowing that the problem - at one time, supposedly 'theirs' - is really Ron's alone, and therefore can't repeat itself in her new marriage.

Since until this point you really resisted making anyone the bad guy and tried very hard to show that the ending of Hermione and Ron's relationship was due to troubles on both sides, it's strange to end your tale this way. It seemed like you held off from that tendency to want revenge very well until the eleventh hour; it would have fitted the story better for Ron and Hermione to both have relationships (with other people!) that worked well.

This is a really minor detail in a truly lovely story. Your characterization was good, I laughed aloud a handful of times (usually at something Snape had said or Hermione had thought) and was truly invested in your characters. You can't say much more than that for a good read!

NaginiFay chapter 22 . 4/7/2007
Sadly, this good thing has come to an end. I look forward to reading more stories from you in the future.
arrowheadwater chapter 22 . 4/7/2007
this is such a wonderful story! your characterization is spot on with all of the characters and the romance between snape and hermione was at the perfect pace. i hope to be reading new stories from you soon!
Estora chapter 22 . 4/3/2007
Gah, poor Ron. But what a simply adorable story! As I said before, I never really liked SS/Hr but now I'm warming up to it...and it's partly your fault! LOL. Great story! Thanks for the fantastic read!

~ Estora ~

Natsuyori chapter 22 . 4/1/2007
thank u so much for a lovely ending~!
mslupin21 chapter 22 . 4/1/2007
I loved this fic :D Excellent job with the characterization...i've read far too many fics where characters don't seem true to themselves...Simply amazing :D Is there a sequel in the works perhaps? Hopefully? Anywho, great job with the writing
Ghost Owl chapter 22 . 3/29/2007
I very much enjoyed this story with its gradual development of a relationship between the two protagonists. Just as well handled was the breakup with Ron. I liked the way you avoided painting Ron as a pillock.

I look forward to reading more of your work.
Caged Eternity chapter 22 . 3/28/2007
And that's the end! Sorry I'm only just now reviewing - I of course read the chapter when it came out, but I didn't realize I'd somehow neglected to review! :P Congratulations on completing - it was an excellent story, and I thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish. I do hope you'll be writing something else soon!

- Caged
yukka chapter 22 . 3/27/2007
a brilliant piece of writing
bookworm3213 chapter 22 . 3/26/2007
That. Was. Extraodinary. and im not just saying that! Very well written, great plot, i LOVE that you seem to master the personalities of every character, no OOCness at all! this is headed strait for the faves section!
830 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »