Reviews for Snape, A History
DaniDM chapter 5 . 6/12/2007
Okay. Babblefish, Quebec, or France? You obviously have an understanding of the French language.

Ron is such a git!

Dani
DaniDM chapter 1 . 6/12/2007
What a bugger! (Snape that is) You have captured him beautifully.

There are so many Snape/Granger fics out there but yours is in a class with Anne and Abby (part of the "originals" and not of Beautifully written and well described. Well done.

I'm looking forward to reading more.

Dani
witherwings1972 chapter 22 . 5/18/2007
Hi. I agree with you. I think Snape and Hermione make a wonderful pair and you have portrayed them accurately I think.

maria
witherwings1972 chapter 17 . 5/18/2007
Hi. the sceen with Hermione and her mother was very touching. This story is brilliantly written and I love the way you portray Snape.

Maria
eclair chapter 22 . 5/10/2007
This was a wonderful story. I sort of gave up on this 'ship because no one seemed to write them in character. But yours is great. Thanks!
wallyflower chapter 22 . 5/1/2007
I really enjoyed this story :) Very light and satisfying.
wingsrookie chapter 22 . 4/25/2007
First off: Yay! I'm not the only one who uses "squee"! Secondly: I love this fic! It's the perfect length, the perfect rating, and it's written extremely well! I loves it! I'm only sorry I didn't read it sooner.

WingsRookie
eriiiiiiiin chapter 22 . 4/25/2007
great story i loved it but something puzzled me lol ive heard it in a few stories but im unsure what it means what is MLE?
princessswan chapter 22 . 4/19/2007
This is a truly AMAZING story. I was a bit apprehensive about the Snape &Hermione pairing, but I absolutely fell in love with your story &now love them! (: (I'm also quite fond of Draco &Ginny.. there's just something about the Slytherin-Gryffindor pairings! (; Hehe.) Anyway, I really enjoyed this story &you are definitely a great writer! I hope to read more of your stories in the future!
Momochi Zabuza chapter 22 . 4/17/2007
I feel like I missed 5 chapters in between or something. It goes from Snape not knowing whether Hermione's love is reciprocated to Hermione confessing her desire to have children and choosing wedding bands to Mairin. Don't get this wrong, I enjoyed this story very much, just that I don't feel satisfied in a way.

I thank you for writing it however, it was the very thing that kept me through the day, wanting to read this fiction that is.

In any case, I beg you to write another Snape/Hermione fiction! *adds to favorites and alerts*
Revellyn chapter 22 . 4/16/2007
It was a nice read. I liked how you developed Hermione and Severus's relationship under the pretext of writing a tell-all about the war against Voldemort. It was an interesting turnabout, simple in design but sophisticated in its execution. Therefore, it was quite surprising when you simplified everything in the epilogue to ensure that Hermione would be able to do the book deal - I liked everything upto that point, but I will admit that I enjoyed reading about Severus's adoration of his daughter, and vice versa.
Humbae chapter 22 . 4/15/2007
Beautiful, absolutely beautiful. I really liked how you kept the characters in-character, yet gave them some space to grow and mature. I also liked your depiction of Snape, slightly angsty, but not too much so. Hermione also felt like the one Rowling created, and not changed to suit the fanfic author's preferences, as is often case with HGSS-stories. The pace of the story was also nice, not too fast and not too slow. All in all, a damn good piece of fiction, in my humble opinion. :)
Choice chapter 22 . 4/15/2007
This story was amazing, and though I thought you could have slowed down a bit at the end with Hermione and Snape's relationship, it was still wonderful to read!

Inkyish.
Kirinin chapter 22 . 4/8/2007
I am not a Snape/Hermione shipper, but from the very first chapter, your story sucked me in. You show the trials and tribulations of getting a (relatively equitable) divorce without lapsing into melodrama.

Snape's puzzlement and tentative advances towards Hermione were so sweet and lovely. His awkwardness was very realistic as well as endearing. Hermione's misunderstandings concerning Snape's supposed poverty were also quite well-done, especially considering Snape's appearance when she first sees him, singed hair and all.

The only thing I would say is that the conclusion to this story is a bit too much on the wish-fulfillment end of things. Hermione's publishing of her book? Nope, not that part - was there ever any doubt she'd find a way?

It was Ron's appearance and his sudden problems with his new marriage. Hermione does not have to be 'the bad guy' - and indeed, she easily flits over the opportunity to say 'I told you so' - but Ron's new marriage looks like it will end for precisely the same reason Ron's and Hermione's did... without Hermione having to say or do anything to prompt it along. For people like Hermione, who pride themselves on being kind and understanding, this is literally ideal: she can go on knowing that the problem - at one time, supposedly 'theirs' - is really Ron's alone, and therefore can't repeat itself in her new marriage.

Since until this point you really resisted making anyone the bad guy and tried very hard to show that the ending of Hermione and Ron's relationship was due to troubles on both sides, it's strange to end your tale this way. It seemed like you held off from that tendency to want revenge very well until the eleventh hour; it would have fitted the story better for Ron and Hermione to both have relationships (with other people!) that worked well.

This is a really minor detail in a truly lovely story. Your characterization was good, I laughed aloud a handful of times (usually at something Snape had said or Hermione had thought) and was truly invested in your characters. You can't say much more than that for a good read!

Thanks,

Kirinin
NaginiFay chapter 22 . 4/7/2007
Sadly, this good thing has come to an end. I look forward to reading more stories from you in the future.
838 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »