Reviews for Snape, A History
GonnaBeFamous chapter 4 . 9/7/2006
A friend of mine fought valiantly during the war, yet she has been continually rebuffed by the Ministry in an attempt to obtain a better-paying position.”

“And does your friend deserve this better-paying position?”

Snape was hunting for holes in her story. Hermione chose her words carefully.

“She is working far below her potential, all because someone is holding an old wartime grudge against her.”

I'm sorry, I feel like I've missed something. who is this she? Maybe I'm just being daft, or you are waiting until a later time to reveal this... but I don't follow.

I also thought I would point this out, in case you wanted to fix it: "Surely the woman, who was all of nineteen or twenty, couldn’t be /Snapes’s wife/, could she? "

Overall comments on chapter:

Overall, I thought this was a good chapter. I found your portrayal of Snape very convincing, and appreciate that you did not try to portray him standing in some sort of golden beam of light, if you get my meaning. So many people try to gloss over his flaws, and you did not do that. Thank you for that.

I think that you are a very good writer. With one fic under your belt already, this doesn't surprise me- however, I must congratulate you on that. Two successful fanfictions is not something that many authors can speak of, in my opinion. At least, not longer fics.

My only regret is that these have not been longer. I probably wouldn't bring this up if you were not as experienced as I know you are in fanfiction, but perhaps you could gradually extend the length of your chapters? Of course, I suppose each author must find his or own footing in chapter length. I also recognize that sometimes in the beginning of the story, you have to have shorter chapters because you don't want to reveal everything too fast. If you keep this pacing, I will certainly not abandon you or think any less of you... it is simply something that I would like to see in the future (longer chapters).

Thanks for your fic,

Gonnabe
Slim Shady chapter 4 . 9/7/2006
This is awesome
queenofdiamonds1 chapter 4 . 9/7/2006
Very good! I can't wait to read more. Ron is such a prat, I hope Hermione kicks him to the curb!
Gunsei chapter 4 . 9/7/2006
I love it.
Natsuyori chapter 4 . 9/6/2006
more more more! lets see him with a fohawk next time
severus-fan chapter 4 . 9/6/2006
I have a feeling Hermione's going to come back to Spinner's End. For a horrible moment I thought Nora was Snape's daughter. I don't mind the thought of Snape having a daughter, but it's weird thinking of Snape with a kid Hermione's age. Especially since I ship SS/HG...oh, I don't know. I suppose I'm not making much sense.

I really liked this chapter - we finally got to see Snape! So he cut his hair off? It did sound like he did a bad job at it, though. I rather like Nora - I hope we see more of her.

All in all, a delightful chapter. I realy hope you update again very soon!
alitheia7 chapter 4 . 9/6/2006
This chapter was delicious! You present Severus Snape with all his attrocious manners and still endear him so much to us. That verbal sparring with Hermione was brilliant! Loved the hyphenated last name... It would take Severus to make her realize its pompousness.
sunsethill chapter 4 . 9/6/2006
Nice new chapter. You have done a good job of showing what Snape is reduced to at this point. I'm enjoying this story.
mmhaq chapter 4 . 9/6/2006
I read your story Into the North, and now this one. I think you have a talent, and you write a very interesting story. Your characters are fleshed out, and you actually have a plot line a person can follow. Keep up the good work.
Noc007 chapter 4 . 9/6/2006
Interesting story, I like it. Will look forward to an update!

If you have the time, check out my own HP fic "An Arranged Marriage" )
moonfairy chapter 1 . 9/6/2006
I love this story very much. Hogwarts, a history. A very nice angle of view. And who could be better suited to continue the story than Hermione. Lovely, how you got her to see - in her own meticulously researching way - the importance of Severus Snape during the war. Please, update soon and let us know how she get's on with her reluctant reviewer and her unsuited husband.
Softballchick dreaowa chapter 4 . 9/6/2006
can't blame her who wants to tell the big scary professor about her marriage problems
beate chapter 4 . 9/6/2006
Great, great story you are writing here! I admire your talent for describing post-war-Snape; in "Into the North" as well as this story. Both situations are entirely possible (Canada / Spinner's End), I guess - at least your fine writing convince me to think so! The dialogue between SS and HG is brilliantly done - and with its very funny moments, too: SS: "Kindly stop staring at my hair..." - "There was a mishap in the lab. I had no choice but to cut away the damaged hair". I couldn't help laughing - and wondering what kind of work the ex-potions master is experimenting with in his lap? It can't just be simple routine potions, now can it? I'm looking very much forward to chapter five (and six and seven and...)!
duj chapter 4 . 9/5/2006
good chapter but it seems a bit of a jump to me. Last chapter she had only just decided to see him and this chapter she's discovered that he's the linchpin of the war. I'd have liked to see her initial reaction to finding that out, since I assume it happened in the intervening period. He's in pretty miserable straits, isn't he?
notwritten chapter 4 . 9/5/2006