Reviews for The Lion's Share
KitaraStrife chapter 1 . 9/21/2015
Hey, you probably don't even come to this site anymore, but I figured I could still leave a review on this story. :) This fic was wonderfully written, with great characterization and details. Though, honestly, I thought that swamp naga was a Midgar Zolom when I first read it was a giant snake attacking the town. XD Also, you forgot about fujin and raijin being alive as well! They may be called fuu and rai on twilight town, but they're still the same as they were before rinoa, in this story of yours, cast time compression on everyone. Other than thst details, everything seemed perfect to me. :)
CrazyWhatIfGirl chapter 1 . 7/15/2012
Oh my goodness! I. Love. It! *sniffle* so- beautiful!... Wahhh! *wipes away happy tears* This is so sweet, and you did such a good job with all the characters! Two giant thumbs up :)
Bourbon Waltz chapter 1 . 8/20/2009
hee
Little Pearl chapter 1 . 9/27/2008
*gasp*

That was... genius in so many ways...

Apart from the fact that you mistook Squall's words for Rinoa's about waiting at the field with flowers - I can't see any other flaw in this story. I always thought that it's Leon that should be more like an outcast than Cloud - because of the FFVII gang. And it annoys me to no end with Cloud always falling from the sky - while he just showed up in Hollow Bastion after escaping from Hades. So finally: something different that made more sense.

I love FFVI, even more than the previous game, but I never finished it. Yet the characters are def. my favourite oones from the whole FF saga. Mentioning them brought a smile to my lips. And yes, it's easy to compare them to the FFVII crew...

And finally: Cloud and Seifer. While I didn't like Seifer (nor Rinoa), I must say that he do resamble Cloud in few ways... But Cloud is more handsome. :D

I loved it. I really did.
Kitsune Kit chapter 1 . 7/5/2008
That was so good!
Mitsuru Aki chapter 1 . 6/24/2008
Ah, full of win! I loved it; it was like something straight from the game! And I like Cloud better alive too :) I'm sure Leon appreciates it too. Time compression is an interesting idea, and it certainly did explain Seifer in Twilight Town. Well done! *favs everything*
chicagoxpillowz chapter 1 . 4/22/2007
xDD! GIRL! No you DIDNT use Snakes on a plane. xDD! I was about to die laughin'. xD!

No but srsly, this fic was so well written. I loved every bit of it. _ hope to read more fics from you soon!

-atavan
hersummerdreams chapter 1 . 1/9/2007
You evil person.

For awhile there I was like... beyond myself. Then I remembered time compression. XDD But I swear my heart stopped beating. I'd.. have more of a reaction but I can't really express it right now. I'm too in shock. XD HOLYJKSFJDSOIFJSDIOJFSDF

Okay shit there it is. I'ma leave before it gets too bad.

Great job, AGAIN!
xcloudx chapter 1 . 12/11/2006
SQUEE! This was so fucking awsome!
Skies chapter 1 . 11/29/2006
This was unbelievably awesome! I loved how you kept everyone in character, even when it came to Yuffie and Cid, and especially Leon and Cloud. You have a huge gift for writing- I didn't even see grammar mistakes!

If you ever write anything new, I'll keep an eye out.
dimonyo-anghel chapter 1 . 10/23/2006
I love it! I'm happy that Cloud and Leon got their happy ending and that no one died.. well no one that shouldn't have.. -
rabid behemoth chapter 1 . 10/13/2006
Whoa, that was intense. Intense enough to keep me up til 4:23 AM, in fact. x_x

It really makes me wanna play FFVI, though. (Yes, I know I should be beaten for not having played it already...)

However, YOU should also be beaten for all those Snakes on a Plane jokes. And you had to make CID say them, too! How...disgustingly appropriate. XDXD
whitewingedsoldier chapter 1 . 9/30/2006
Wow, that was brilliant. Kingdom Hearts II meets Final Fantasy VI...there couldn't have been a better way to do that. Great job.
Wends chapter 1 . 9/16/2006
Sorry, too lazy to log in. Have watch in 10 minutes. Love weekend duty. (yawns tiredly)

Anyway, like the fic a lot. Good exploration of why Squall's stuck with the FF7 crew. Just a few problems.

First is one that's common amongst the KH community - gunblades DON'T shoot bullets like a common gun at all. Seems to be a common misconception. All the bullet is for in the revolving portion of the gunblade is to slam into a pin connected to the blade, which makes it vibrate hellishly to saw into the cut just delivered and expound the damage delivered. Check Nomura-san's interviews on his conceptual design for the gunblade. He explains beautifully how it's supposed to work - and refutes any thoughts that it might work like a gun. This isn't a gunblade (actually called a gun sword or a bayonet attachment to a rifle) from history - this is a videogame creation that works nothing like its historical counterparts do.

Second bit - the snake seemed almost cheesy, but if it was a reference to what I've heard is a cheesy as heck movie, fine. Neh heh heh.

Third - it was Squall who said he would be waiting in the flower field, not Rinoa. He was comforting her when they stopped by Edea's orphanage right before going to Odine and assisting Ultimecia in causing time compression so they could reach her time and erradicate her.

Call it nitpicking if you want - I'm just a self-proclaimed FF8 whore, and have played thorugh that game more times than I should care to recount. I love that game to pieces, so I make it my business to know next to everything about it. Insert a cheesy grin right here, if you please.

Other than those slight details, lovely fic! Almost wish it wasn't a one-shot. Length was fine, BTW, for the amount of detail you crammed in - heck, I wanted more.

Good job!
oh hey asdfklj chapter 1 . 9/7/2006
Aw...Damn, I'm actually really sad right now, because I think that was the last of your LeonCloud stories for me to read. But I'm happy because it was beautiful. Seriously, what a wickedly complex plot. Like, that's beyond fanfiction. I just love the situations you put them in. They're so full of tension and intrugue. Aw, Leon kissing him was a gorgeous moment, but Cloud's reaction was absolutely heart-breaking. But then Leon saying that he loved Seifer and Cloud realizing what that meant was just Aw! Still, do you understand the emotional turmoil I went through within that one little part of a scene! You're so good with that stuff! Anyway, the end was awesome. The whole scene with Aerith was so dramatic. And of course, Leon and Cloud were perfect for each other as always.

Oh, and I wanted to say that Sora was super cute. Write more Sora! And Cid cracked me up. That was too funny.