Reviews for Flat Out
Bendleshnitz chapter 1 . 2/8/2009
Nice!

It must be very frustrating to be in his place I think

Bye!
hey-rupert chapter 1 . 1/15/2008
This story is so amazing. I've read it 10 times, it's sad and beautiful. *sniff*
tanpopo no hana chapter 1 . 10/7/2007
Beautiful! Perfect because you left out the whole background stuff and concentrated only on his thoughts... Loved it!
Pink Illusion chapter 1 . 8/30/2007
What is the pairing? It's well written but I'm confuzzled. Nice song, BTW. But this is rather confusing.
ridiculous 123 chapter 1 . 12/25/2006
OMG, this makes me cry! Yes, I am *that* dorky. I was listening to "Chasing Cars" (because you listed the lyrics) while reading this, it fits quite perfectly.

And this line makes me cry the hardest - "Come home and find constellations in my freckles."

WHY CAN'T RON BE REAL?

I wonder what happened that made his back hurt. That made him hurt his back? Was it during the war? After? Before? Or in another universe where the war doesn't exist and all he was doing was helping his dad on a Muggle thing called a 'ladder?'

I wonder if it's Hermione he talks about, the uncontrollable hair and perfection. Or is it Harry he speaks about? That he wanted to help fix Ron (i.e. in the 4th book, he gives money to Fred and George).

What I LOVED about this was that there was a level of suspense. And that we, the readers, will never know who he spoke about. Thats even better; to not know, to be able to imagine who it is. And what happened to Ron.

GREAT, GREAT, GREAT JOB! 5 stars!
serendipities chapter 1 . 10/6/2006
I was listening to the "Chasing Cars" when I read this and it was the perfect song. Beautiful fic.
the-coconut-bubble chapter 1 . 10/5/2006
"Find constellations in my freckles."

Very nicely said, all of it. Truly.
Dansgirl34 chapter 1 . 9/7/2006
I love Snow Patrol and this little one-shot! I loved the last sentence. I hope your friend is better now! Great job!
dieselwriter chapter 1 . 8/16/2006
Simply fantastic. Simplistically beautiful. It's short, it's sweet, and it's eloquent. I love it! Who needs dialogue these days? The story colors a canvas and makes a hell of a painting.

So, if you couldn't tell, I really enjoyed reading this. Your phrases and use of parallelism brought class and elegance. The song paired with the story was overall breath-taking. Wonderful!

I think I've used all my fancy vocabulary writing this review, but it was worth it. I'm always looking for a new adventure every time you update or come up with a new story. In regards to your fanfics, I think Hermione put it best: "I love every single one of them." So keep on typing and I'll be there waiting to read and review.
rupertlovesme chapter 1 . 8/15/2006
You have no idea how much I love that song. My birthday is this monday and that was kind of like a birthday treat for me. I love the Snow Patrol and Ron. How could my day get any better?
The Steppy One chapter 1 . 8/15/2006
I was gonna put lines from it here that were brilliant/fantastic/emotional and the such but I would have ended up pasting the whole fic here which would be rather pointless!

Finding perfection in imperfection is a beautiful concept and you wrote about it brilliantly.

For someone who loves this completely I am doing really badly at putting it down in words...ah well.

It's quality, different for you but fantastic all the same.

Step ;)
raeraebrown chapter 1 . 8/15/2006
beautiful!
Magnolia Lane chapter 1 . 8/15/2006
There was so much longing, so much frustration, and yet in the midst of all that was hope.

"But I can see it shining brightly. I can see faces and pictures and shadows in the moon. I can give you a pearl that I found when we went diving together. I can wriggle my toes."

"I don't need a miracle. I just need you."

It doesn't matter if it's Harry or Hermione, or if he will ever get out of that bed. His hope and love will carry him through. There was an elegance and truthful quality to such a short story that makes for the best storytelling. Simply beautiful.
nutnatz chapter 1 . 8/15/2006
Shari. I have to say that you are definately challenging yourself with fics that lack dialogue. This story isn't just a fic. It's an expression of melancholy, longing, frustration and love. I can feel all this bubbling all around the words. I love the duplicity of not knowing -who- he is talking to exactly, and the fact that indeed, it doesn't -actually- matter. It just matters that he feels.

A beautiful piece. Filled with suffering. Could I expect any less?
JediPabst chapter 1 . 8/15/2006
Very eloquent. I loved how you made the person Ron is talking about either Harry or Hermione depending how you ship. Very sneaky and very well done!