Reviews for The effects of gravity
elanurel chapter 8 . 9/14/2006
Delay? I haven't even finished Chapter Five of my fic yet, and you've posted two of yours! ;-P And this is a red-letter day for elanurel; called in sick and two of my favorite writers posted a fic for me.

"That kid had stolen into his heart despite his best efforts and now to know that he was gone was too almost too much to think on."

Such a good image, and absolutely true. I can definitely see Sam Winchester being the kind of person to truly touch other people, make an impression that would want people to help him. Also a critical part of his personality that you've tapped into for the fic.

"Closed, shut off, permanently damaged Dean."

That sentence is a fantastic insight into Dean as a character.

“He’s not dead. I would feel it.”

Why yes, yes he would... You know I have a theory about this, right? ;-P I enjoyed the way you had Dean maintain his belief in the face of everything. And your Deanisms were a lot of fun in this one, like the "two old codgers" line.

And, talk about synchronicity... A Charlotte *and* an Aaron.
Sam666 chapter 8 . 9/14/2006
Wonderul Dean's reaction was brilliant,
Faye Dartmouth chapter 7 . 9/11/2006
I can't believe I forgot to review this! I had meant to just take the time to really read and appreciate it and then my weekend got away from me. So apologies for my tardiness.

Really interesting insights into John. How he surrendered so much control of Sam over to Dean and therefore also surrendered so much else. And I love that you give him moments of doubt and regret-because along the way he had to stop and realize what he was doing to his sons, the ways in which he was driving Sam away. But John Winchester will never turn back-I'm convinced of that-even if it costs him everything.

And I still love Sam's determination here. The poor kid. He so needs a hug. And poor David! He needs a hug too. I absolutely adore Sam's compassion to him. It's just so Sam.

So you better update soon and Sam BETTER get out of that basement sometime :) In one piece...but battered and limp is always okay.
elanurel chapter 7 . 9/11/2006
Poor, poor Sam. You could definitely see the evolution of himself into the Sam Winchester we know and love, and his inner commentary regarding how poor a hunter he is (knowing what we've seen, what he will become) seemed very spot on for how I view Sam as a character. Even now, I think there's a part of him that always feels inadequate to the task - particularly when compared to his father (such as in "Phantom Traveler") but even in relation to Dean. And you gave us a good

And I loved the inner commentary with John, about how he kept losing pieces of Sam because of the boys relationship. But it does put into perspective how someone outside of that relationship would feel bitterness regarding the closeness of the boys. I especially loved his observation of Sam's innocence (which is critical to the character, IMHO).

And poor David staring at his own bones. I think I would have reached into the computer to strangle Miss Charlotte with my own hands, if I could have, after I read it. “Look at what’s become of me Sam. Look what she did…”
geminigrl11 chapter 7 . 9/10/2006
You have turned angst into an art form - it's just a beautiful, beautiful thing. Not only Sam's and Dean's - even John's - but Penny's too. She was the forgotten element in all of this (but you didn't forget her). Sam's on his way to freedom, but can he make it without human help? Bleeding again, still concussed, smoke inhalation threatening . . . he has definitely had about the worst day on record. And Dean needs to wake up from his concussion undamaged so that he can lead the charge. He's the only one (besides Sam) who hasn't given up.

More, more, ore! (please)
Anora chapter 7 . 9/10/2006
Dang... :O Wow... I can't remember if this is AU... its looking like it though... Go Sammy!
McB chapter 7 . 9/10/2006
Is sam EVER going to get out?
bally2cute chapter 7 . 9/10/2006
The Winchesters need Sammy so much, and Sam doesn't seem to know that. I am so eager for Sam to get out of that house. I feel so bad for David (even though I still don't trust him), and I wonder what happened to his sister. I wish I could give Dean a hug, but he's probably going to be too pissed off to be approached. John has some dark things running through that head of his, but I can't imagine what Dean is thinking. Excellent stuff, and I can't wait for more.
Rachelly chapter 7 . 9/10/2006
Hey Roz,

I'm finally back to reading fan fics a bit. I've been so consumed with writing my story and posting it.

Wow! Your story is awesome! Where do I begn? I love the whole concept, the angst with the brother's and father, David's character is intriguing,Sammy trapped below and his self examination. This chapter was especially great. I really loved John's thoughts about Sammy. You can see, I can go on and on!

Well done, can't wait to read the next chapter.

Oh, and thanks again for helping me get started here at FanFiction! Also, thanks for your kind reviews along the way. They helped me have the courage to keep going. You were really great and I'll always owe ya one for it.

Keep on writing!

Rachelly
Raven524 chapter 7 . 9/9/2006
Man this was definately a double box of kleenex...first we have a large dose of Sammy angst as he stuggles from the fire, but wait we also get a preview of Sammy's TK powers...even as he comes up with a logical explaination. Then we move onto the moment when the sherrif learns that his daughter was dating the thought to be dead Sam Winchester.

As if there wasn't enough you throw in John angst and an emotionally packed moment when Sam and his ghost friend connect. Then ending with Dean's anguish. An emotional rollercoaster ride from beginning to end which leaves me standing in line waiting impatiently for the next ride!
carocali chapter 7 . 9/9/2006
I forgot about poor Penny! Man, she's just sitting waiting for her next kiss! And David, chained in the basement, left to die like a roting piece of meat. Girl, you are just cruel.

It took me a second to figure out that Jennings was one of the names they've used in the series! Nice tie back! Can't wait to see what his specialty is in the world of hunting.

Wonderful work!

:D

Caroline
TaintedXRose05 chapter 7 . 9/9/2006
Cant wait!
talon81 chapter 7 . 9/9/2006
great chapter! poor sam and little david! I hope sam gets out of there soon! update as fast as you can! :)
Tori chapter 7 . 9/9/2006
OMG that was awesome! I love Sam Angst! Please update soon!
Dawn N chapter 7 . 9/9/2006
Wonderful chapter! I love the angst :-)

Update again soon!