Reviews for All Men Reach and Fall
KrnYong chapter 1 . 2/3/2013
Cathy Linton is just like her father! I can see it now, definitely, not in body but surely in mind.
Heathcliff is so... I don't know why, but I love him and hate Catherine (the elder). Maybe it's because of her selfish betrayal of him and her love. :/ Her assertion that she saw life and the people in it as a game was very fitting; I felt the same way when I was reading the book.
Hareton always got me. He is such a good person behind his bad upbringing; it'd take a lot for anyone to love Heathcliff, especially after what he did to him. His love for Heathcliff and Heathcliff's reluctant fatherly love for him really makes me sad and happy at the same time. If only Hareton had been Heathcliff's biological child! Nelly, of course, was long-suffering. I think she shouldn't have had to deal with all that, the poor woman.
Overall, very nice look into each character. I can see them wandering the moors now, regretting their lives and wishing they'd done things differently while Heathcliff and Catherine finally walk the moors together in death.
DannySamLover20 chapter 1 . 11/28/2011
wow! nice job!
Jocasta Silver chapter 1 . 6/27/2011
This is a great portrait of the characters and their regrets.
Laurie Jupiter chapter 1 . 3/5/2011
This was excellent. I liked the way you delved deep into the minds of each character. You've captured Catherine's selfishness and Heathcliff's bitterness perfectly. You also raised some important points on Nelly's role in the book. She witnessed the events that unfolded between Heathcliff and Catherine, even had a hand in pushing the characters into directions where the story took drastic turns. Was she really just a bystander? Or an antagonist? You've also created some interesting parallel between Cathy and her father. Both wanting to save their respective lovers from doom and both failing to do so. Hareton's anguish, his pain and his love for Heathcliff was also written beautifully.
Electric Reader chapter 1 . 3/4/2011
i love the different point of views and regrets plus the title!
Shahzadi chapter 1 . 5/15/2009
Amazing. You captured the very essence of the characters of Wuthering Heights. I loved the similes you wrote with Edgar and Catherine Earnshaw-it really helps the reader understand everything much better.

Beautiful work.

-I
Feanariel chapter 1 . 3/12/2007
Well written, and I think you did a good job of getting inside the characters' heads.
Zoinks Its Points chapter 1 . 1/29/2007
Aw that was good! this was for the most part, the saddest book I have ever read. This was a good fic.
goldilocks-13fold chapter 1 . 9/12/2006
How sad! how sweet! *sniff sniff* i loved it!