Reviews for Traveling
wow this is great writing
Thegoblinqueen1998 chapter 1 . 1/28/2013
:'( I cried so hard at the end of this movie. I'm boohooing and bawling now.
addicted2reading9 chapter 1 . 2/15/2012
Very good. Spiritual-ish. XD After we watched the movie, we talked about why he killed himself. This is a really good idea. :)
Diligens chapter 1 . 3/9/2011
I remember seeing the movie and not really understanding why Eugene would want to kill himself, I guess I just don't think that way. Your story makes sense and was well written. Thanks.
somethingborrowed3 chapter 1 . 2/28/2011
Ah. Beautiful. Brilliant and beautiful. The characterization was enthralling. Wow.
xravenscroftx chapter 1 . 7/12/2010
Ooh... Very nicely done.

Thanks for posting.
Rain in the Morning chapter 1 . 2/28/2009
A wonderful interpretation of Eugene's motivations. You have a few typos and minor grammatical errors, but nothing major.

I especially liked your observation on the line "I'm going to finish this." I had never thought of an alternate interpretation, and you make it work really well. The reference at the end to Vincent's claim "Up there your legs wouldn't matter," was similarly striking in its new meaning, where "up there" is equated with death.

Nice work!
IloveOrlando08 chapter 1 . 8/20/2008
Very impressive one shot. I was wandering around the site today and I really liked Gattaca so I thought I'd see what had been written on it.

Besides a few typos, this was really really good. I think you explored the mind of Jerome very well.
Akito Souma chapter 1 . 7/17/2008
I really liked it. Especially the end with the description of everything he felt right before the flames went up. It was...kind of scary. It seemed so final. It left me feeling sad. But I think it was probably very accurate as to what he was thinking and feeling.
giant-hamster chapter 1 . 8/22/2007
aw, poor jerome/eugine.

that bit of the film is just so sad :(. well written, this is just what i imagined going through his head.

giant-hamster xx
Wow, good story!
NL2 chapter 1 . 3/16/2007
Wow, a really brilliant fic-I love the internal dialogue, the way he just uses that one term 'excellence' over and over. Very effective!
of wonderlands and alices chapter 1 . 2/7/2007
y'know, i would have never made the connection between the wine and his suicide attempt...but it makes sense. awesome job, and great ending.
une valentine chapter 1 . 1/20/2007
I think you're right. Anyway, this was sad. :(
banana chapter 1 . 8/16/2006
Hey there-great work-and a good idea for a story-hope you will write some more!