Reviews for Love is Blind
Kay44 chapter 6 . 2/14/2009
I would take this is permanently stopping this story since its 3 years old, I'm already enjoying this and I never read a girl being blind before but I know that the Phantom would like this since she won't see his face if he does take off his mask.

Please! please! please! please! PLEASE more updates
MysticStoryteller chapter 5 . 2/23/2008
Okay, so this is your last posted chapter and that makes me sad. You HAVE to contiune with this. It was just getting to the best parts I'm sure. You can't deny me that! So please, post more!
MysticStoryteller chapter 4 . 2/22/2008
I can't wait till the Phantom and Nathalie meet. That should be interesting. Keep up the good work!
MysticStoryteller chapter 3 . 2/14/2008
Gotta love that ending. I really like this story. Please write more. Please.
MysticStoryteller chapter 2 . 2/13/2008
I like this story a lot. Like I said, the idea is very unique. I hope you plan to continue it soon.
MysticStoryteller chapter 1 . 2/9/2008
I like this so far! I think it's a very creative and ingenious idea. I look forward to seeing whatelse this story has in store!
IthilielCuivienien chapter 6 . 11/25/2006
Oh, do you really have to do that?

I LOVE the story!

Please continue to write, sometime! *beg*
middlekertz chapter 6 . 9/30/2006
Elphie! What the hell are you doing? Why would you even cosider putting this story on hold? I love it! All of its readers love it! You must be some sort of perfectionist. Please keep the hold short. PLEASE don't make it permanent! I WANT ROMANCE! And I love Nathalie!

middlekertz
Lady Galriee chapter 6 . 9/24/2006
I am really enjoying your story. I hope that you continue it.
Bowleena chapter 6 . 9/24/2006
WAH

I'll forgive you. As long as you continue SOMEDAY.

Yay for blue popsicles, -Bowleena
StormyNights7 chapter 6 . 9/21/2006
wow that really sucks i have enjoyed this fic but ur the writer and whatever u think goes. i hope u write another poto fic
Brackynn chapter 5 . 9/16/2006
Hey, there! I like your writing style – you obviously know what you're doing. You have a nice balance of description and dialogue, and you write the canon characters, especially Mme Giry, very well and in character, and your minor original characters are fun to read about. You have great grammar and spelling, and aside from the odd colloquialism, it's very polished. So kudos for that!

However, I'd just like to give you a couple of friendly pointers. The scenario you have here – new dancer wows everybody, especially Erik, with incredible singing talent – is quite overdone. It's a valid plot, but you need to be careful not to let it become cliché. As it develops, you'll need to put in something a bit different, a twist of some sort, to really make it stand out.

Also, I'd tread with extreme caution around the character of Nathalie, as she seems to be becoming quite the Mary-Sue. She has a tragic past that haunts her, she's blind (the fact that it's not permanent is even more suspicious), you've hinted that she's beautiful and she has this amazing singing voice – better than Christine, even. You know more about her than I do, but I'd suggest popping her through a Mary-Sue litmus test, because quite frankly, all I can think when I read about her is that I just can't sympathise with her. Perhaps if we had gotten to know Nathalie a bit more before learning about her past (it was mentioned in intricate detail in the first paragraph!) I would be more inclined to, well, like the character.

My last point is quite technical, and I take issue with it mainly because of my own experience as a singer. Firstly, as much natural talent as one may have, if you haven't had any vocal training, you simply cannot stand up and sing something good enough to be better than someone with years and years of training who also has a gift (ie, Christine Daaé. Erik taught her for years before she was 'discovered'.) Secondly, in selecting parts for an opera, there wouldn't really be an audition in the company. In an opera house, singers' voices are carefully considered (range, tonal quality, etc.) and divided into different categories, or fachs. It's more complicated than just soprano, mezzo and alto, too – to name a few, you can have a coloratura soprano, a soubrette, a lyric soprano, a spinto soprano and so on and so forth. When you join a fach, you are assigned roles that correspond to that fach. I believe there's a really good fic here called 'Meg Giry is Not an Alto!' that goes into more detail about this.

Anyway, I hope you take my advice into account and I definitely hope that you keep writing, as I am very curious to see what happens next!

~Brackynn~
Bowleena chapter 5 . 9/16/2006
Ohoohoo... the phantom is not happy with those other people...!

Yay for blue popsicles, -Bowleena
middlekertz chapter 5 . 9/15/2006
I just finished your new chapter, and i'm beginning to like your story more and more! I love how Erik is reacting to Nathalie. Obsessed fluff has to be my favorite part of any phanphiction. I only hope that Nathalie reacts the same way. Minus the fluff...duh. lol. Anywho, keep it up and update soon, love!

~middlekertz~
schizosophia chapter 5 . 9/15/2006
GREAT WORK! i love the story, keep it up! please update soon...

-briana

ps:

"What is the meaning of this?" she asked in her Italian accent, "Why did I not get the part of Elissa?"

carlotta is actually spanish. ]