Reviews for The Wild Horse Thesis
John Therion chapter 1 . 7/7
I love this story and I am sad to see that there is so many completely stupid anonymous comments. Just using the description "Gary Stu" is a great example how that there is no clue about what they're talking. I do admit that there was a slight element of deus ex machina in the ending, but people also use that term so carelessly. It was indeed considered as a valid storytelling device originally. It doesn't make the ending bad, just feelsgoodman instead.
Axcel chapter 8 . 7/1
Ranma is indeed driven to be the best. Asuka, however, is not. Asuka truly believes she is the best and she validates it to herself by showing off and trying to rub her "superiority" in everyone's faces as much and as often as possible. When anything, however, small, so much as implies that she is not the best at something, no matter what that is, and it is not something that she can bluster through, her mind is scarred by the experience. Her belief in her superiority is so absolute that anything contrary to it genuinely causes her psychological damage. Which is why she slowly self-destructs over the course of Neo Genesis Evangelion. Because she is consistently being hit in the face with the fact that other people are better at some things than she is and also she is hit by the fact that she cannot always win. This causes her to go completely insane.
Axcel chapter 6 . 7/1
Well someone who constantly attacks his friends and attempts to beat him up with the intent of dragging him away from his life and rape him shouldn't expect him to want her.
Axcel chapter 2 . 7/1
Well, the only reason everyone turned to goo is because no one knew to keep those two freak monsters separate. Ranmna knows and Adam is in an incredibly weak form. So, he can kill it pretty easily and thereby ensuring Lilith calms down since it was only Adam's presence on the same planet as Lilith that was causing problems.
Really disappointed with this ending. It was just rife with deus ex machine and I really didn't like how you, in my opinion, bungled Shampoo's character and very much demonized her and her culture.

Overall, this story was decent, especially so in the first 9 or so chapters but as things moved along Ranma really started exhibiting Gary Stu like symptoms; nothing went truly wrong for him and people from both anime had their characters warped to fir the narrative in an unbelievable way.
I REALLY didn't like this chapter.

One half was, literally, wasted on discussing women's bodily functions and the second half really trivialized the impact of Ariel's mind-raping power by Ranma consoling her to noticeable effect.

Also, this story is having Ranma as a girl far more often then as his true form. It doesn't really fit the '1/2' moniker.

Gripes aside, I'll still finish reading this; I came this far, might as well.
MAJOR COMPLAINT:

Not enough Pen Pen.
Man... that was harsh, Ranma. Seems a bit OOC for Ranma to actually hate Shampoo and things associated with her. I never saw any evidence of that in the show, only discomfort with how clingy and invasive of his personal space she was.

Yeah, I know she tried a lot of underhanded things to 'win' his heart but Ranma was nearly saintly in terms of letting things slide or forgiveness, even if he would simultaneously grumble up a storm.

Sheesh...

On the other hand, it was such sweet justice that was delivered when he essentially - and unknowingly - outted Ryouga. It's about time the pig's luck ran out with Akane.
Kinda pissed that you had Ranma's first experience with Ramiel going nearly exactly as it did for Shinji and then hiding behind the excuse of "Well, Akane just HAPPENED to mallet him right at the end of the episode, so he missed Ramiel's method of attack and why it worked".

That excuse doesn't hold water! You have Evangelion being Ranma's FAVORITE anime, so it stands to reason he would've gone back and watched the whole series again or at least the part Akane had him miss, thus he would've seen what happened to Shinji.

This strikes me as an opportunity missed for a chance at creativity on Ranma's case, like using the heat generated from Ramiel's particle beam to fuel a massive Hiryu Shoten Ha with his soul of ice.

I hope this 'not straying too far from Eva canon' by ways of Ranma making dumb mistakes doesn't persist.
Uh, this is 11 years and coming and I am NOT going to sift through all the other reviews to see if this comment/question was asked/pointed out but...

If these are the videos of Evangelion and they want to know his ultimate fate, why don't they just put the final tape in?
Legion Breacher chapter 18 . 2/20
Oh man. It's been more than ten years since this fic was finished but it is still one of my favorites. Totally worth staying up until 6 AM to finish reading.
Alex2909 chapter 18 . 1/19
i absolutely love this story, kickass blending of the two stories
UseFistNotMouth chapter 18 . 12/29/2016
I mostly read this 10 year old story with the sily premise due to all the praise in the comments. Honestly I don't get it. Total crack fic. Story is basically a huge middle finger to both Ranma 1/2 and Eva. Very unbalanced. Tons of Deus Ex and ass pull. One sided bashing galore. Hypocrisy runs rampant and unchecked. Plot holes the size of planets. Really the only thing I can say I have no complaints about is the editing is good.
Jake chapter 18 . 11/15/2016
this is the best story i;ve read on this site ever.
you are amazing. thank you.
ZyteWCDb chapter 18 . 9/25/2016
This is one of the damn best stories I have ever read. 10/10. No.1 on my top 10 favourites. Absolutely loved it. If I ever do reading recommendations, this one will definitely be one of the first I will mention first. Holy MOTHERFUCKING SHIT, this was AWESOME! That is all. Zyte out.
1,032 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »