Reviews for The Wild Horse Thesis
FireInLife chapter 18 . 3/4
Interesting story. Never watched Evangelion, but I've read enough cross overs to have had a basic idea. I liked it.

My only complaint is that there weren't ENOUGH lesbian themes in the story. And I was really hoping for more detail on the gay ice cream worker (although really, why not just hire a straight girl instead? Lol). I would have also liked a little bit more detail on the more intimate scenes in the story...but then I remind myself that they're technically minors and that'd just be...yeah, I'm more than fine with you skipping over those scenes :p

As for future 'kittens'...I'm surprised. It seems nobody so much as cracked a joke about him being pregnant as well. Sure, a bit of a cliche, but it would have been the perfect time. Bast or Asuka definitely seem like they would have said something, joking or not. I mean, Bast blessed Ranma and she is the goddess of motherhood. You'd think she would find a magical method of it :p

And even if not, with IVF become popularized around this time period, it would definitely have been a possibility even without magic. I'm sure Nodoka would have been pleased to have so many grandchildren at once.

Something to mention: I'm not sure if an officer would have pulled out a gun so quickly. From my understanding, they are rarely used even in situations like this. But I dunno. It just seemed weird to read, as Japan is a lot less gun crazy than America is.

Anyways, I had a fun time reading this. I'm usually not a fan of harem stories, and with Ranma being so powerful and fighting everybody with Rei and Asuka standing on the sides and never defending him, I admit I was annoyed at times. But you did a decent job overall. A bit unrealistic I'm sure (i.e. lack of jealousy and so on), but oh well. I would have also liked to see Rei and Asuka together more. Less as a co-girlfriend, and simply as their own girlfriend (i.e. 1 boyfriend and 1 girlfriend, not 1 boyfriend and their boyfriend's girlfriend). One of the reasons I dislike harems so much is because it's one guy with a bunch of girls, rather than bunch of people that love each other. I think you did a good job showing that Rei and Asuka loved each other as well, but I just wish you went more into it (and an AU where they didn't come with Ranma would have been interesting too).

But yeah, nice story despite its age. Thanks for writing it.
Hercules8 chapter 8 . 11/16/2017
Ah man, poor Ranma. Or should I say lucky dog. ;)
Hercules8 chapter 6 . 11/16/2017
I really like how Ranma's relationship with Rei is growing. Keep up the good work! :)
Hercules8 chapter 4 . 11/16/2017
This is a really good story. Great job! :D
John Therion chapter 1 . 7/7/2017
I love this story and I am sad to see that there is so many completely stupid anonymous comments. Just using the description "Gary Stu" is a great example how that there is no clue about what they're talking. I do admit that there was a slight element of deus ex machina in the ending, but people also use that term so carelessly. It was indeed considered as a valid storytelling device originally. It doesn't make the ending bad, just feelsgoodman instead.
Axcel chapter 8 . 7/1/2017
Ranma is indeed driven to be the best. Asuka, however, is not. Asuka truly believes she is the best and she validates it to herself by showing off and trying to rub her "superiority" in everyone's faces as much and as often as possible. When anything, however, small, so much as implies that she is not the best at something, no matter what that is, and it is not something that she can bluster through, her mind is scarred by the experience. Her belief in her superiority is so absolute that anything contrary to it genuinely causes her psychological damage. Which is why she slowly self-destructs over the course of Neo Genesis Evangelion. Because she is consistently being hit in the face with the fact that other people are better at some things than she is and also she is hit by the fact that she cannot always win. This causes her to go completely insane.
Axcel chapter 6 . 7/1/2017
Well someone who constantly attacks his friends and attempts to beat him up with the intent of dragging him away from his life and rape him shouldn't expect him to want her.
Axcel chapter 2 . 7/1/2017
Well, the only reason everyone turned to goo is because no one knew to keep those two freak monsters separate. Ranmna knows and Adam is in an incredibly weak form. So, he can kill it pretty easily and thereby ensuring Lilith calms down since it was only Adam's presence on the same planet as Lilith that was causing problems.
Guest chapter 18 . 7/1/2017
Really disappointed with this ending. It was just rife with deus ex machine and I really didn't like how you, in my opinion, bungled Shampoo's character and very much demonized her and her culture.

Overall, this story was decent, especially so in the first 9 or so chapters but as things moved along Ranma really started exhibiting Gary Stu like symptoms; nothing went truly wrong for him and people from both anime had their characters warped to fir the narrative in an unbelievable way.
Guest chapter 15 . 7/1/2017
I REALLY didn't like this chapter.

One half was, literally, wasted on discussing women's bodily functions and the second half really trivialized the impact of Ariel's mind-raping power by Ranma consoling her to noticeable effect.

Also, this story is having Ranma as a girl far more often then as his true form. It doesn't really fit the '1/2' moniker.

Gripes aside, I'll still finish reading this; I came this far, might as well.
Guest chapter 8 . 6/30/2017
MAJOR COMPLAINT:

Not enough Pen Pen.
Guest chapter 6 . 6/30/2017
Man... that was harsh, Ranma. Seems a bit OOC for Ranma to actually hate Shampoo and things associated with her. I never saw any evidence of that in the show, only discomfort with how clingy and invasive of his personal space she was.

Yeah, I know she tried a lot of underhanded things to 'win' his heart but Ranma was nearly saintly in terms of letting things slide or forgiveness, even if he would simultaneously grumble up a storm.

Sheesh...

On the other hand, it was such sweet justice that was delivered when he essentially - and unknowingly - outted Ryouga. It's about time the pig's luck ran out with Akane.
Guest chapter 4 . 6/30/2017
Kinda pissed that you had Ranma's first experience with Ramiel going nearly exactly as it did for Shinji and then hiding behind the excuse of "Well, Akane just HAPPENED to mallet him right at the end of the episode, so he missed Ramiel's method of attack and why it worked".

That excuse doesn't hold water! You have Evangelion being Ranma's FAVORITE anime, so it stands to reason he would've gone back and watched the whole series again or at least the part Akane had him miss, thus he would've seen what happened to Shinji.

This strikes me as an opportunity missed for a chance at creativity on Ranma's case, like using the heat generated from Ramiel's particle beam to fuel a massive Hiryu Shoten Ha with his soul of ice.

I hope this 'not straying too far from Eva canon' by ways of Ranma making dumb mistakes doesn't persist.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/30/2017
Uh, this is 11 years and coming and I am NOT going to sift through all the other reviews to see if this comment/question was asked/pointed out but...

If these are the videos of Evangelion and they want to know his ultimate fate, why don't they just put the final tape in?
Legion Breacher chapter 18 . 2/20/2017
Oh man. It's been more than ten years since this fic was finished but it is still one of my favorites. Totally worth staying up until 6 AM to finish reading.
1,036 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »