Reviews for Legacy
darkorangecat chapter 7 . 12/27/2011
Very touching, beautiful ending. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this story. I like how the hope came full circle and was passed on at the end, and how the cycle of a hopeless life was broken with Ryan.
darkorangecat chapter 6 . 12/27/2011
I like how you left the reader hanging by a thread, wondering what happened to Seth, and having us believe that he died. It was very effective. I liked the talk that Ryan had with Sandy, and then the one he had with Seth - how things boiled down to him being a son. Simply wonderful.
darkorangecat chapter 5 . 12/27/2011
And they were almost out of there! Very heart-wrenching chapter.
darkorangecat chapter 4 . 12/27/2011
Nice weaving of past and present. This is a particularly fraught cliffhanger.
darkorangecat chapter 3 . 12/27/2011
Very intense with the addition of Seth into the nightmare that Ryan has unwittingly walked into.
darkorangecat chapter 2 . 12/27/2011
The sense of place was very real in this chapter. Tension and suspense were expertly built. This chapter has me on edge as a reader.
darkorangecat chapter 1 . 12/27/2011
I really love the dialogue - you write Seth so well. A couple of lines that I like for their nuggets of truth are: "It was innocent—a phone ringing. But it held such promise, such weight." - so very, very true, especially in this case. The personification of hope at the beginning of the chapter, and then the repetition of it toward the end is particularly powerful. This makes me want to rewatch the first season.
talk-ape chapter 7 . 7/18/2010
soo good!
Morkhan chapter 7 . 4/14/2007
Oh... wow... that was completely fantastic. I'm amazed that this doesn't have more reviews. This is honestly one of the best OC fics I've read. Hooray for Dawn's redemption, hooray for Seth not dieing, hooray for Ryan having hope. Barring the unfortunate oversight with the law, this was quite a good tale.

Awesome story.
sabrinalane03 chapter 7 . 12/17/2006
In California if person A uses deadly force to protect person B from being killed by person C than person A is not guilty of manslaughter. Thus, Dawn legally used deadly force to protect Ryan from Rick and Dawn would consequently not goto jal for manslaughter.
Pen Liddin chapter 7 . 10/9/2006
loved your story, extremely well written and somehow, different. i dont know really, yeah this story was very different. you're really good at writing exactly what you want us to think, like, when ryan didn't even wonder why rick didn't shoot him, neither did i , didn't even cross my mind i was to worried about seth (because thats what ryan was doing) , and when ryan thought seth was dead, so did i and when he was figuring out he wasn't, so was i. i dunno if you understand what i just wrote, i can be confusing at times, but yeah its like...you can put the readers inside the mind of ryan and thats all we can read. but yes, keep up the good work

cheers

pen
Ansy Pansy aka Panz chapter 7 . 9/24/2006
aw that was great

v moving and tightly written
bluetoffee chapter 6 . 9/15/2006
this is great, i really liked how seth told ryan he was just a son.
Ansy Pansy aka Panz chapter 6 . 9/15/2006
OMG you had me! You totally had me!

That beginning bit I was so damn confused

You're clever, really clever

loved this

Humour, angst, tension, love

LOVE IT!
Ansy Pansy aka Panz chapter 5 . 8/28/2006
wow that was really dramatic, they were so close