Reviews for Exile
Septimus chapter 34 . 3/16
I love this story, and I know your muse has left you, but is there any chance of you continuing it?
Septimus chapter 34 . 2/21
I understand your muse has currently left you, but I just wanted to tell you I love this story and Misunderstood.
NightSkyWolf chapter 34 . 1/31
Please continue with is story, it's really good
ksecc1 chapter 34 . 1/15
Hmm. So many interesting ways this story can go... I know real life is way more important, and I understand the muses can be fickle. But..I have to ask again. Any chance that this could be continued? It's really good.
ksecc1 chapter 30 . 1/15
Yea! I'm looking forward to the upcoming action. Death defying stunts and space battles are what makes Star Wars so much fun.
ksecc1 chapter 20 . 1/15
Yea! Anikin I back! I really do like well rounded back stories, so I've enjoyed getting to know all of your characters. But Anikin is the most fun. Which is NOT true in the movies (I just find him irritating) so good job in keeping him the same but reinventin him too. Umm. I know begging can be irritating, but any chance you'll take this one off hiatus?
ksecc1 chapter 13 . 1/14
Interesting politics. It does seem likely that an organization would attack itself due to the stress of such a nasty upheaval.
Rascal chapter 1 . 12/9/2014
You've abandoned this.
Reading it would break my heart.
I can't.
It's so sad.
PoptartProdigy chapter 34 . 12/7/2014
The worst thing about this site is that it seems that all the best stories are the ones to die.

This is a thoughtful, inspired, and engaging re-examination of the Star Wars universe, and there are many ideas and themes contained within that draw me even though I know the tale is likely never going to be finished.

I like the theme of stagnation versus adaptation in the Jedi Order and the galaxy at large. I would love to see how this story executes the idea of changing for survival's sake while maintaining the core of what makes an institution truly worthwhile. I also would love to see continued use of your view of Kuro's viewpoint, as a look at the insides of extremism. She at one point reflects that Anakin's influence and Obi-Wan's reforms could destroy the Jedi more surely than the Sith. This is an extremely clever piece of foreshadowing - I believe - forecasting her collaborating with Sidious and eventually falling to the Dark Side. And, of course, every step she takes will be labeled as just one more acceptable sacrifice for the good of the order. It seems alike to the character of Atris in Knights of the Old Republic 2, and in fact I tend to picture Kuro as Atris.

I love your take on the romance between Anakin and Padme. This one is slow-building; more like a deliberate simmer than the rushed boil that Lucas treated us to. And I'd argue the payoffs are more worthwhile for the delay. I also enjoy the fact that there are very real setbacks involved. You show the relationship going slowly largely because the characters keep stabbing themselves in the back out of fear - Vader due to his fear of rejection, Padme over the same - and thus showing two intelligent people who care for each other, but don't know how to handle a normal relationship. It makes the process of them working out what they mean to each other and how to act on it that much more meaningful.

I enjoy the examination of attachment and, in fact, all feelings as neither intrinsically good nor bad. It poses challenging philosophical to the established morality of the setting in a way that deconstructs what's available. Tellingly, however, you also then reconstruct it so that it works, which I greatly appreciate. Zett in particular is a powerful and skillfully applied tool for this purpose, as in him you have a useful means of exploring the feelings of attachment, jealously, inadequacy, and belonging - all of which are powerfully linked. The internal struggle of the Jedi also displays this well.

I enjoy Anakin's character, and particularly his slow and hard development from fearful, embittered Darksider to faithful and brave warrior of the Light. In particular, I like the way that Vader turns to Anakin so slowly and yet completely that by the time he needs to be tested, he has already come farther than he or anybody could ever have imagined, and all without noticing. In fact, you do a wonderful job of keeping up an entire cast of dynamic characters who respond realistically to the circumstances around them, and I applaud you for it, as you also employ them very skillfully in a character-driven plot.

But most of all, I like the constant, underlying idea that, whether to the Light or the Dark, Anakin Skywalker was always meant to Fall.

I wish I could see these themes and ideas worked with more. This story has reignited my interest in the Star Wars franchise and even has inspired me to write a short piece of my own detailing a similar - yet distinct - premise of your own. It's brought my attention firmly back to the galaxy far, far away, and for that, I thank you very much, as I'd nearly forgotten how to be excited about Star Wars. I understand that your Muse has fled, and I'll respect that. You certainly don't need somebody telling you what or how to write. But I won't lie and say that I wouldn't welcome it back with a grin.

Thank you so much for posting this incredible work of literature. I do hope you're blessed with the return of your Muse, but regardless, I greatly appreciate what you given us so far. Thank you for posting. And even though it's incomplete, I'll break one of my largest rules and give this a favorite, so that I can find it again. Thanks, and may the Force be with you.
aridneia chapter 34 . 9/26/2014
PLEASE UPDATE SOON, YOU ANNOYING HIATUS-OBSESSED PERSON! Sorry... I got too impassioned...
Zinga6377 chapter 1 . 8/10/2014
Misunderstood and Exile were INCREDIBLE, easily two of my favorite fanfics! I love this version of Anakin and his family and friends, and I love a lot of the characters you included that you don't hear about as much. If this story is ever updated I would be beyond thrilled! It's amazing
CV12Hornet chapter 29 . 7/15/2014
Eeeeee, the Skywalker twins are so adorable!
Star Wars fan chapter 34 . 7/15/2014
You can't end it like that! Please update! Your story is very interesting! :)
Crystia chapter 34 . 6/30/2014
I'd love to read more...

I especially liked the interaction between Obi-Wan and Anakin. :) I've missed it a bit in the sequel, but I think it's still been an excellent read.

Thanks for posting! :D
Elise chapter 34 . 6/24/2014
Amazing. Brilliant. Thrilling. Unique. Interesting. Extraordinary. Awesome! :D
Please, please if your muse finds you, do continue, we would be so very grateful.