Reviews for Knights In FerroFibrous Armor
Ulquiorra9000 chapter 31 . 1/31/2014
I'm not sure if this is the end of this particular narrative, but it was fun! I'm reminded of that Spirit of the Bear story I made, with the "noble sacrifice" theme in the face of overwhelming odds. And the name "Cumberbatch"... are you a Benedict Cumberbatch fan? He was pretty neat in Star Trek Into Darkness (though I understand that the character Khan was originally mixed-race instead of just Caucasian).
Ulquiorra9000 chapter 30 . 8/10/2012
Wow, Reyes really has soem guts and ingenuity, and that was the determining factor in her duel with Lundt's Thunder. This is probably the most detailed and gritty 'mech fight I've seen from you, Rouge, and was fun to read.
Ulquiorra9000 chapter 29 . 7/22/2011
That's quite the combination, Rocher's selfless tactics and the recklessness of his fighting styles. He makes it into the Fusiliers but is still rough around the edges... that was probably the best way to make this go :) Thanks for sharing this Rocher backstory!
Ulquiorra9000 chapter 28 . 6/22/2011
I can't help but be reminded of Darth Bane: Path of Destruction, when Bane applied himself and became a powerful student at his academy, and became the teacher's favorite and advanced extra fast. I dunno if you've read that book, but either way, I'd like to see just how much Rocher can prove! Some burn bright and fast.
stonegnome1 chapter 28 . 6/22/2011
Suggestions for your consideration:

guzzling up difficult maneuvers and

probably guzzleing down, at least that is what one does with a beer.

he hoped into it and practiced against other students or the computer.

hopped instead of hoped.

recruitment was closing by

recruitment was close
Ulquiorra9000 chapter 27 . 5/11/2011
Rocher indeed ought to take this extra chance to prove himself. He'll need a lot of pressure and fire to bring out his full potential, it seems! Let's see what Rocher's got.

The Dart is pretty nice for a 25-ton 'mech, too. 3 medium lasers on a super-fast body is bound to hurt.
Ulquiorra9000 chapter 26 . 4/20/2011
A certain bartender is guarded by a thousand jealous fists, it seems. Rocher's got guts but it earns him a likely trip the infirmary once the seniors are done with him. Kind of reminds me of that first scene in Lethal Heritage where Phelan gets beat up (first time of many!). Phelan seemed like everyone's punching bag, and Rocher is catching up.
Ulquiorra9000 chapter 25 . 4/13/2011
A Rocher backstory? Good to see, and find out what this bigmouthed Capellan hater has gone through. An icy training hall sounds like an ideal place for hardship, from both the staff and the weather, especially with an opening ceremony like that one. Only little issue was that at first, it seemed that Rocher was standing outside the Hall alone while Captain Gray talked, and then the text described the other cadets being there too. Your grammar seems to have become better than ever, too!
Kat Wylder chapter 24 . 7/26/2010
I think this chapter of "Knights" is one of your best yet. It's short, but shows off the breadth of your writing style well with a very clear narrative "voice."

It's interesting, too, to see a civilian take on the war. BattleTech really revolves around the soldiers and Warriors. We don't usually hear how the civilians feel about the wars being fought on their planets, in their streets.
MosinM38 chapter 24 . 7/3/2010

Good look from a news perspective. A nice change from the normal stuff around here.
cklammer chapter 24 . 7/2/2010
Good chapter.

Good idea with the war correspondent perspective.

More, please.
FraserMage chapter 24 . 7/2/2010
Hmm. Thinking Nondi wasn't killed by Peter.

Hmm... reference to MW4: Mercs?
cklammer chapter 23 . 4/16/2010
Gausszilla indeed!

sixpack tale only.
cklammer chapter 22 . 4/16/2010
Nasty little war. Gant thinking with his little head doesn't make any better.

Nice chapter.
cklammer chapter 21 . 4/16/2010
You frak with Samurais only at your own peril.