Reviews for The Letter
destiny's time chapter 1 . 2/20/2010
i can't help but laugh a little
NamedForTheWind chapter 1 . 2/19/2010
...because Sam Winchester is a thirteen-year-old girl, but it's okay, that makes for good fanfic.
eternallycharmed chapter 1 . 8/20/2008
That was really sweet, although I don't think that Sam would realize the Gift of Dean until it's much to late, but wouldn't it be nice? I loved Sammy trying not to swear in his letter to God and the bit with the rock salt. :)
Marvin is my Muse chapter 1 . 5/2/2007
I LOVED this story! especially the...

Well done!

Great story!

-Marvin
greatestheights chapter 1 . 4/14/2007
Aw, this made me smile.

Very well-written, with just the right amount of humor to balance out the sadness: 'And I promise I will try to take better care of the gift and not shoot him with rock salt anymore. Amen.'

I thought this was a great look at the relationship between Sam and Dean, and how Sam is finally learning not to take his brother for granted.
Brigid Tanner chapter 1 . 3/29/2007
Just my opinion, but I can't see ANY of the Winchesters changing their usual language just cause they were writing to "god". I really did like Sam talking about how much he needed Dean, and how Dean thought it was his job to protect everyone. Except for the language issues, I really enjoyed this. I just see the boys being more straight-forward with who-ever they believe in.
ciel4 chapter 1 . 2/24/2007
I am both laughing my head off and tearing up at the same time. Great work! I love the way Sam can't stop swearing all through his letter to God, and I so much agree with the final part - he needs to take better care of the gift of Dean! Many thanks.
CHJ chapter 1 . 11/8/2006
This is such a good fan fiction. I think you're very good at capturing the actual mood of the characters and the situation. Writing the letter is a very cute idea, and the letter itself was even better. I enjoyed this story a lot.
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 9/5/2006
What a wonderful story!

I loved Sam trying not to curse while writing to God.

The letter did an excellent job of capturing who Dean really is and what he means to his family.

Thanks for letting me know about it. I thought Dean had died and Sam was writing a letter about his death, so never looked at it.

Take care.
Rae Artemis chapter 1 . 8/18/2006
That was cool, I like the idea of writing a letter like that. I can see Sam doing so and even picture his face as he wrote it. I love the story, well written, excellent character insight may I say. Very well done!
historylover chapter 1 . 8/18/2006
Aw... Sweet. And Sam does need to be reminded that he can also be one of the most irritating people to ever live, just as everyone else can be.

So, is Dean gonna live?

Kat
bjxmas chapter 1 . 8/18/2006
So glad to see Sam realize the importance of Dean! Loved the crack about the Dean-inspired vocabulary and the Dean-sized hole in his life. It is about time Sam realizes how much Dean has given up for him and for Dad's obsession.

Also glad that Sam was realistic that neither of them are easy to get along with, but that he would always remember to treasure Dean if given the second chance.

This was a great way to have Sam reflect on all these ideas. I also like that he is thinking about God and hoping that he does exist. Just like he told Dean in Faith, how can they believe in all the evil, if they don't believe in God?

Great job, lots to think about, as usual. Thanks again,B.J.
chocolate rules chapter 1 . 8/18/2006
aw! that was way too cute! and the entire time that he's trying to ward off the bad words, hehe. So Deaninspired there! And the promises at the end along with the realizations that he couldn't even begin to not complain about his brother but that he'd always value that he's there, priceless :') Loved it!

That's it ;)
SophieSaulie chapter 1 . 8/18/2006
Beautiful piece of work. I'm a sucker for Dean appreciation stories. The words were great and really touched my heart and made me want to treat my loved ones better because you never know when you might lose them. My fave part was the revelation that Dean was always unselfish and loved saving people. So true and so Dean.

Thanks for sharing the story.
caregiver2pt chapter 1 . 8/18/2006