Reviews for Trick
KrisEleven chapter 1 . 3/28/2012
Very interesting idea! I liked the concept, and the point of view you chose to write it from. It kept the John's idenity murky until the very end, which worked well at allowing us to be in her shoes, so to speak. Great details, almost uncomfortably detailed, in places, but again it placed us firmly in her point of view. Loved the ending, loved the mirroring of her description with Elizabeth's. Good work!

natural-blue-26 chapter 1 . 1/31/2012
Awww, this is a beautifully tragic snap shot- I love seeing characters from a fresh set of eyes.

I'm assuming this was Norrington (from the clothing details etc), but it's actually nice you didn't spell it out for sure. Nice touch with the kiss and the fact that the woman shared physical features with Elizabeth.
JAGNikJen chapter 1 . 9/20/2009
Oh...poor Will. (I hope.)

Just as good as Pike & #1.

Grace Macy chapter 1 . 7/4/2007
Another beautiful piece! Thank you!
krickee thompson chapter 1 . 4/23/2007
That HAD to have been Norrington. He's the only one out of the cluster of "hot" POTC men that is brooding enough for that to be!

Excellently written, as usual. I am starting to read things written by you for shows that I don't even watch!
Red Bess Rackham chapter 1 . 10/12/2006
... Was that Jack? B/c that who I was imagining, so I hope that's who it was.

Very good.

~Red Bess Rackham
ohmygiddyaunt chapter 1 . 8/18/2006
How unbearably sad! I ship WE primarily because I don't want Will to get his heart broken. Although, I would love to meet him on the rebound...*blushes*

This is very, very, very well written. I'm guessing you put some real thought into this as you wrote it-good job. Also, it is nice to see someone make good use of an oc, rather than tossing in an anachronistic sue. I hope that reading your story will influence all of our writing for the better.

Mooncheese chapter 1 . 8/18/2006
My God. That was...deep. Beautifully written and very poignant. Am I right in thinking that the 'stranger' was Will? I'm not sure, I thought it was Jack at first but when you mentioned the bit about the beard, and the fact that he didn't look like he belonged in Tortuga...

You're a talented writer (as I'm sure you already knew) and thanks for the great read!
Robin Goodlass chapter 1 . 8/18/2006
Ah... that last line casts such an air of mystery and almost... sadness.

Wonderfully written; very good job.