Reviews for Like Life
CuppaTea13 chapter 10 . 2/20/2015
You made me cry!
Also- I'm kinda feeling the need for an epilogue. That end happened WAY too fast. :D
This was brilliant and beautiful and everything that is right with the world while simultaneously being heartbreaking and beautiful and bittersweet. (Yes I said beautiful twice, but it needed to be said twice.)
CuppaTea13 chapter 9 . 2/20/2015
So. Brilliant. I am in love with this story!
CuppaTea13 chapter 8 . 2/20/2015
I love that you've got Spike in on this.
One of the great things I've found about most good Bangel fanfic is that it doesn't bash Spike or what Spike and Buffy had. Don't get me wrong, it was a horrible and unhealthy relationship but it started as great potential and then turned into a wonderful sort of friendship or partnership and Spike was SO important in Buffy's growth as a person after her second death.
I've read quite a bit of Spuffy fanfic (mostly because it just simply overwhelmingly out-numbers the Bangel fanfic) and so much of it bashes Angel or Riley (and while I hated Riley and kinda can guiltily get behind a tiny bit of Riley-bashing) that it just turns me off completely. I think it's important to realize that each of these relationships was significant and you're doing such a good job keeping them all in character and respecting the significance of each and every one of them it just makes me feel all warm & fuzzy. :D
CuppaTea13 chapter 6 . 2/20/2015
Oh god, you made me cry. I'm so glad with how you're writing this though, because you're interpreting a lot of things the same way I do. I firmly believe that Buffy knew what she meant by "always." She was a teenager, sure, but she also was responsible for saving the world on a regular basis. I was so annoyed that everyone would apparently trust her to be mature enough to save the world but not mature enough to know her own feelings. Extreme frustration. I often felt like everyone regulated Buffy's feelings for Angel into a sort of "teenage high school crush/first love" thing INCLUDING Angel and while, yes, there was an element of that- Spike was the only one who seemed to really realize that Buffy and Angel would "be in love till it kills you both." As in BOTH of them were equally in love.
Sorry- that turned into a rant. I'm just so please you're picking up on the same things I did and incorporating them so flawlessly. I love this story!
CuppaTea13 chapter 5 . 2/20/2015
Oh god- I want to cry. Oh god. Oh god.
CuppaTea13 chapter 3 . 2/20/2015
Ok- that's going to be an easy choice for Buffy. One- for all her complaining about how noble Angel is, she's just as bad. Two- and I quote, she "loved him more than I will ever love anything in this life." SO I think we all know Buffy's going to fight with Angel with minimal waffling on her decision. Dying for Angel? She's barely going to think on it.
CuppaTea13 chapter 2 . 2/20/2015
The Powers that Be deserve a swift kick in the rear. I hope someone points out that they have rarely done anything other than screw over their Champions. They treat their heroes pretty badly for the "good guys."
Anyways, this is brilliant!
CuppaTea13 chapter 1 . 2/20/2015
I'm super glad someone did this because- seriously, guys: you know a girl with a slayer army and you DON'T think to call her for the apocalypse? Where are your brains?
oceanluvr chapter 2 . 3/15/2011
Great start.

I like Buffy... but I love it when someone tells her to shut up.
ba2006 chapter 10 . 3/27/2009
this fic was awesome wish it has a happy ending
a2zmom chapter 10 . 11/18/2007
Excellently done, even if you did break my heart.
LitaFanForLife chapter 10 . 11/17/2007

It's just so UNFAIR!

(Bua!)
Aislynn Crowdaughter chapter 5 . 9/9/2007
Hi!

I was perusing your profile and stumbled over this story and began to read. And I must say I am stunned. I love, love, love this fic, and cannot tell you enough how I adore the way you write the characters, the way you bring this story across, the way you have Buffy and Angel together... I have put this story on my favorites list abnd I am sure I will read it again, many more times. Thank you, thank you, thank you for writing this fic, and thank you for sharing!

Aislynn (who loves BuffyAngel so very much, and adores how it is done, here!)