Reviews for Family Ties: The Beginning
Megara The Jedi chapter 12 . 7/15/2012
I almost died laughing, when Harry took Ron's underwear! This is my favorite chapter.
cleansweep21 chapter 9 . 12/24/2011
Give me a break, Ron had every right to say what he said. It's all true. Hermione's a bitch for leaving. Harry was a real prick for pulling a guilt trip on Ron like that. Just because Hermione starts crying doesn't mean she was right. And now Ron's in love with her like 12 years never happened and he has his own family?

This chapter left a lot to be desired.
Ally babyy3 chapter 16 . 12/3/2011
I have an account but I'm too lazy to log in.

This story is the best story I've ever read. I cried so much and every chapter made me want MORE! I'm EXTREMELY LATE ON THIS, but I just wanted you to know that.

Now that Harry Potter is over, your story is my safe haven, some things that could have happened so easily if you didn't read Deathly Hallows. I just cannot describe it. This is just amazing. I can never describe my gratitude towards you either...this just makes me so content to read.

Write forever, trust me, you're good at it.

~Ally babyy3
azab chapter 13 . 7/16/2011
great job
pigfartss chapter 13 . 1/23/2011
I HATE YOU! Kind of. I just read the 'Shocking News' chapter. (SPOILER ALERT!) I love you, but you killed Hermione, so I don't know what to say...I am upset. But I know in a few hours, I will love you again so, ummmm, I!
lilly-loo chapter 16 . 1/11/2011
this fanfic was really good, i loved it!

that funeral scene was amazing. i completely balled my eyes out.

well done!
Cailus Griffin chapter 1 . 5/17/2010

Yes, I am the same Suliac. And yes, it has been...well, however long its been. Honestly, with exams coming up (which I am not ready all...) I needed a distraction, and...well, Family Ties seemed like a good bet. About halfway through (maybe as I was getting to the end of Adjustments) I realised that I might as well send you a review of the whole schebang, let you know how your baby fares upon a second read-through. So, basically, consider this to be a review of the entire Family Ties saga. Also, I recommend getting a drink or something, because I bet this will end up getting long. FT is a huge story, after all.

To start off, there's FT 1. Put simply, it's...incredible. Brilliant. I won't lie to you, there are some awkward bits; quite a bit of the first few chapters read like a gigantic diary entry, and a lot of the Hogwarts bits get very generic. But even so, the characters and the story are extremely well defined. Christmas at Harry's was probably my favourite bit; from Jake finding out about Aria and Ron, to Ron chasing Harry all over the mansion for stealing his UNDERWEAR. The former was powerful, the latter was hilarious (seriously, I'm chuckling as I type). Then the ending. It was incredibly brave, especially as Hermione was beginning to come out of her shell with the Weasley/Potten family. Aria's realisation about Ron simply by looking at a mirror is...yeah. Running out of adjectives.

FT 2, Adjustments, ws a very transitory story, in that nothing "major" happened. No significant new characters introduced, nothing huge happening. Even so, it was still effective, great reading. Aria's slow adjustment (nice title choice) to life with the Weasleys...hell, life AS a's very realistic. The awkwardness, Keira's slow acceptance, Aria's illness...yep. It was brilliantly written, but upon reading the whole thing through, it got overshadowed by FT 3.

Of course, FT 3 is so massive that I certainly can't cram a review of it into one paragraph, so I'll go one part at a time. First, there is (naturally) Jake and Aria. The chemistry between their two characters, both physical and emotional, is perfect. At the start of the FT 3, I was starting to get afraid that Aria would become a bit of a Mary Sue (sorry). Best teenage Quidditch player in the country, incredible witch, a sense of humour, was starting to get a bit much. But her Achilles heel is, curiously, her heart. For all of her brilliance, she has the emotional stability of an egg. It really doesn't seem to take much to unsettle her, compared to her family. So, in the end, Aria turns out to be one of the showpieces of Family Ties; brilliant, beautiful, talented...and with such a big heart that it's easily broken.

Er...okay, getting sidetracked here. Jake, in all honesty, is probably my favourite character of the lot (even though I've fallen in love with Aria, just like every other poor sap both in the story and reading it). He's...not perfect. Jake's flawed. The entire beginning of Family Ties 3, I was screaming (well, metaphorically, it would be weird to scream at my laptop) for him to get his idiotic behind back to Aria, even though I knew how it would end. Jake is certainly one of the most real characters in Family Ties, a guy you could easily imagine sitting next to you in class, and how he treats the whole feels so real. He's always trying to do the right thing, always trying to be the best person he can be, and yet doesn't quite get it right. His relationship with Aria becomes so twisted and painful that it becomes even more powerful.

Of course, there is the lynchpin of the whole story: Danni. It's weird, really. I remember how we all hated Danni; she was stealing Jake from Aria, after all, and we all wanted to get on with it. She was nice, sure, but she wasn't Aria. And as much as we might have felt sorry for Danni, none of us honestly liked her. I'm certain all of us readers thought she would be a cheap throwaway character, and so we let ourselves hate her.

It was frightening how much that can change. I never really hated Danni on the second read-through; I just felt sad, really. Sorry for her, of course; unrequited love hurts, especially when you interact with that person regularly. The chapter where Summer is conceived (it feels weird saying that...) I couldn't help but say to myself "Here's where it all changes." Danni grows and evolves, and eventually, for reasons I'm still not sure of, I came to love her just as much as all the other characters in FT. I don't know about the other readers or you, but yeah...that's what I thought of poor Danni.

Moving on to Aria's side of the line, there's her and Al. Of course, by the time we're introduced to Al, Jake and Danni are already committed. do we feel about Al? He's a great guy (if tyrannical on the training ground; poor Sean), and with Jake seemingly gone forever, there's no reason why Aria can't be happy. And yet...I don't know. Despite everything, Al is a bit of a mystery. He's not a hugely complex character or anything, he's simply stuck inside a whirlwind of emotions for the reader. Even when Jake is committed to Danni, and there's zero chance of and she and Jake getting together (finally), I really couldn't find myself feeling for Al like I did for everybody else.

Sweeping up...there is one thing I can't resist saying. I don't know whether anyone told you, but in Family Ties, there is an epidemic of...hugs. Lots of hugs. Many, many hugs. Hugs quite literally on every other sentence. Whether it's Jake and Danni, Aria and Al, Aria and Sean, Ron and Keira...there's a lot of hugging going on. It's like these guys have absolutely no idea what "personal space" is.

Just kidding. For a family like the Weasley/Potters, who obviously love each other so much, regular (or...constant) hugs are perfectly in character for them. It's a simple and powerful affirmation of affection, and it fits brilliantly. I can bet that over the course of Family Ties, you ended up covering every type of hug known to mankind-and probably inventing a few, too.

There's a lot more I could say, such as Jake's dad, but I'm going to leave it there; a thousand words is honestly a bit much. All I can say is this. Thank you very, very much for writing Family Ties. I know that you'll probably say you were writing it for yourself as much as anybody else, but honestly, it's been a true pleasure re-reading this, and going through all these experiences again. Hermione's death, Summer's birth, Danni's death, Jake and Aria in Ron's office, Ron chasing Harry all over the mansion for nicking his underwear...hehe...

So thank you. I thought I'd leave you with some statistics, so that you can feel rightly proud of what you created. If J.K read Family Ties...well, I think you'd have to re-write some of those disclaimers.

3 stories.

64 chapters.

539 reviews.

322,413 words.

Be proud.

CrazyPurpleBat chapter 16 . 8/27/2009
My how I cried! You write beautifully and dang it billy joel so does he. You did really well on this story and I'm crying as i write this review. I wish she didn't die but it was necessary and you did it well. Keep writing.
CrazyPurpleBat chapter 11 . 8/23/2009
my goah I'm truly crying! i full heartedly agree with harry on this one. That should be hermione in Keiras place the stupid little...(talking about Ron) I personally thought he would have used the cloak or apparated or something into hermiones life this isn't how they are supposed to end up but I love it all the same! Your playing with emotions and it is artfully done! If you ever want to talk about my reviews feel free to pm me I love talking about harry potter fan fic!
CrazyPurpleBat chapter 6 . 8/23/2009
May I please strangle Keira? Please? Wait I think I'm gonna go get a time turner! *runs off* now I don't have to destroy Ron's other kids along with their mother! Stupid New York. Knew there was a reason I didn't like it haha! It's awesome keep writing!
CrazyPurpleBat chapter 5 . 8/23/2009
Ahem...first I wish to say that I would like to skin RON alive. I mean I can't believe he got married to anyone else than hermione! (great now I'm talking like this is in real life! Love my fan faction hehe anyway it is so good and if Ron doesn't I don't know do something I think I may just reach into the story and strangle him if you don't mnd! Haha thanksfor riting this awesome story love it!
HPROXME chapter 16 . 8/30/2008
You kidding thats all I mean seriously it is so good just keep writing pweas. Well catch ya l8r.
bear-beara-kuma chapter 16 . 8/19/2008
This story was amazing... it just pulled me in.. I even cried! well ok i do that quite easily , but only when the author can pull me in! great job!
astrohuckleberry chapter 14 . 8/4/2008

The first part made me teary-eyed!
astrohuckleberry chapter 13 . 8/4/2008
AH! NO! Hermione can't die!

That was so freakin sad! Ohmigod! I never expected that! :(