Reviews for The Prince Who Spoke Gibberish
whatdotheydream chapter 2 . 9/23/2012
NO! IT'S HILARIOUS! Lord, the first time I read this, I...I, well I laughed a lot. Which I do often, but not because...Not because I'm having fun, or actually think something, you know? It was needed.
Kiki1forest chapter 2 . 8/9/2012
1. false
2. false
3. false - in the conversation, you could really see the Georgette Heyer influence, and tell how well they know each other, therefore that part was fun (especially with all the Shakespeare)
4. true - just what were they doing there? I apologise, but they seemed extremely odd although a plot necessity. Is there any explanation?
5. false - have you ever read Wuthering Heights? Compared to that, your accents were fine.
6. false - I could barely keep from smiling as I read this
In conclusion, thoroughly enjoyable - you have a talent for that :)
LaurieH chapter 2 . 4/26/2009
I just want to say that the stories you have written, that I have been reading, are on the verge of brilliant. I say "on the verge", because I feel that you rush them - they are too short! This one has great promise to be a much longer fic, since Tom obviously knows something.

Anyway, I'm off to read the rest of your things!
Georgina of Dragons chapter 2 . 11/30/2008
the idea behind this piece is adequete, but the execution leaves something to be desired. the second chapter seemed to have been done in a rush, like you just wanted it to be over and done with as soon as possible.
ElvishKiwi chapter 2 . 11/12/2007
OK, I'm so sorry, that must have left you a bit weirded out! I meant to leave you a big long review telling you how much I loved this, I even started writing it, but after a couple of lines the thunderstorm outside began to get nasty and the computer started sparking, so I had to turn it off as quick as I could. Sorry. But now I have come to make amends.

I love this! I really do! It's so hilarious in a really well written, genius way. I've always wondered about the culture shock Sleeping Beauty would get after one hundred years asleep. And don't you think she'd be a little indignant about being expected to marry the first guy who hacks his way into her, especially when he had the cheek to take advantage of her unconcious state and kiss her without her leave, when he had never even met the poor girl? (unless, of course, he was over one hundred years old!) Well, evidently you do...

It is indeed a great thing for a writer to see the faults in her work, however, I'm going to be entirely unhelpful and say I truly loved every word of it. Just fantastic writing... mind you, what more could I expect from a fellow Kiwi? We do seem to get around.

There. I've forgotten all the clever remarks I was going to make, so you'll just have to put up with fan mail! Sorry.

And forgive me for weirding you out, I didn't mean to, honest!
Freiya chapter 2 . 8/21/2006
I scorn your offer of numbered criticisms! why would you put them in at all? it was a very good story, interesting and amusing. it doesn run a little quickly but its a story, not a novel, its allowed to!

I really like the quoting of Shakespeare etc. the opening dialog was simply lovely!

I also liked the way chapter two finished in the was that left you wondering if this was actually the end or if there are another 40 or so chapters coming (fingers crossed 40 chapters!)

Cute light and funny. Im going to go adn see what else youve written now. :-)
megs chapter 2 . 8/21/2006
Who on earth are the people who woke her up? What does Tom know about the Curse, does no one else know? Slightly confused, but still amused.
Aedyn Star chapter 2 . 8/21/2006
it was amusing, but i was a little confused with the whole guys kissing her...i think the fact she had fallen asleep might need to be elaborated on just enough that readers are sure they understand. other than that its, great.
InChrist-Billios chapter 2 . 8/21/2006
AMAZING!

That was HILARIOUS and yet extremely COOL. Oh, the outline...

1. FALSE. I'm not sure you did many descriptions, but you didn't need to, especially because of how short the story was.

2. FALSE. It was a well timed story. Good job!

3. FALSE. The dialogue helps us understand more of their character and reveals some plot that would be awkward to explain in prose.

4. Eh, part TRUE. It seemed a little weird to me that he just kissed her and was like "Um, okay, I'm done now." You might want to explain more of WHO he is, HOW he got there, and WHY he decided to kiss a sleeping girl.

5. FALSE. It was very funny!

6. FALSEFALSEFALSE! It was hilarious! I loved it!

Heh heh, the infamous foot in mouth. Well, I think your story is great and you did a fabulous job! Thanks for giving me the pleasure of reading it!
Answer chapter 2 . 8/20/2006
Alright, let's see if I get the hang of this:

1) True

2) True

3) False

4) True

5) Um...false.

6) Depends...

Wow. That's not how I'd usually have phrased it, lol! To be honest, I kind of... didn't get it. I didn't realise it had ended, the whole thing had me confused! It was in interesting idea, though, and I liked the Shakespeare.
Answer chapter 1 . 8/20/2006
OK...loved the Shakespeare (if you're gonna steal, steal from the best, right? Lol!) and general tone of this piece, interested to see what you come up with next! *puts story on alerts*
Aedyn Star chapter 1 . 8/19/2006
hm...sounds amusing and entertaining..please continue and soon!
InChrist-Billios chapter 1 . 8/19/2006
Oh ho!

Funny Sleeping Beauty? This should be WONDERFUL!

You have a great start; I love the way you write! You're doing amazingly so far; update soon! Don't let lack of reviews deter you from writing! People will realize your talent... eventually. Weird blind people. *eye roll*

MORE SOON!