Reviews for Mommy Dearest
Rider Paladin chapter 1 . 8/19/2006
Ah, finally you do a Spider-Man fic and one that will certainly appeal to long-time fans such as myself. I rather enjoyed your interpretation of Shriek, especially with her desire for Spider-Man, or rather, the darkness she senses within him. And yes, Spider-Man does have the potential for great darkness, considering the anger over being misrepresented in the public eye and the guilt of what drove him to use his powers for good. However, Spider-Man wouldn't fall for Shriek very easily; his spider-sense is such that even if the danger isn't imminent, if it still exists, there'll be a low-key buzzing in the back of his head warning him that he shouldn't go in blindly trusting.

Still, Shriek/Spider-Man is a very fascinating thought. One way it could go down, in my opinion, would be for Spider-Man - after being seduced by Shriek - to go after Venom and take back the symbiote, as the twisted nature of the symbiote would submerge whatever was left of his conscience and then he'd be a perfect husband for Shriek. Just an idea for you to play with; you don't have to use it if you don't want to.

See you around.