Reviews for Hell in a New World
Mihoriru chapter 18 . 9/12/2008
holy mother of bacon and ham, those uniforms sound hee-de-ous!

i hope you update soon. Hopefully Lynn gets humiluated during the play. and the rejects fess-up.
Perpetual Concern chapter 18 . 6/13/2008
Hi!

My I'm certainly glad that I found this! It's side-splittingly hilarious mostly except for the whole kid getting abused part. That's really sad and you really feel for Elie.

I look forward to the next chapter!

~MewPirate~
Neon Majestic chapter 18 . 3/10/2008
Okay...where to start?

Reading this, I'm immediately reminded of one of my favorite novels, "To Sir, With Love" by E.R. Braithwaite. Shanks perfectly fills the role of the main character from that story, except of course...well, the simple fact that he's Shanks. Although I will admit, I'm surprised you turned him into something of a pansy in this story - the Shanks of the regular One Piece series is so powerful that less powerful pirates will faint just from being overwhelmed by his presence. And he's got a glare that can scare Sea Kings. That idea of Shanks would've been extremely ideal for this scenario that you've put him in.

Regardless, though, it works. And it helps to see Shanks slowly bonding with some of the kids in the class, particularly Victoria now that she's eaten her Devil Fruit. I also like the occasional reference to Luffy, though I do kinda miss seeing the Straw Hat Pirates doing their ting. Maybe if the Straw Hats were to make some sort of appearance during the story...well, it's just a suggestion.

At this point I am seriously hoping somebody bitch-slaps Lynn so hard she'll get a little sense knocked into her. I really, really dislike her. And I'm also hoping that they'll swiftly identify who's responsible for the vandalism attacks in these latest chapters, and clear the names of Shanks' students.

So far, you're doing a good job. Please continue to update when you can, and I really hope you update with the newest chapter very soon!
Krow Blood chapter 17 . 8/30/2007
I'm actually Dissapointed in those who read this story.

I mean, This Story is Magnificent! and yet...It has only 36 reviews(as of now)
Krow Blood chapter 18 . 8/17/2007
I think it could have gone a lot Worse if you had done Bright orange and green, or electric blue with very shiny red(automatic epileptic attack)
Krow Blood chapter 14 . 8/15/2007
Well, i don't know how they learn, but i'm sure that (if) the kaze kaze no mi is a logia, then she doesn't need no barrier, since her body becomes wind by reaction when something hits her
Krow Blood chapter 12 . 7/24/2007
"Gasp! I sense a dissonance in the spanish!"

Gabriella, cómo conozco a este bebé soy el mío?

should be

Gabriella, cómo SE QUE este bebé ES mío?

if you need anything in spanish, I'll help, I talk spanish as mother tongue!
Giovanna Farina chapter 17 . 7/17/2007
Cute. A little out of character, but it's a very good story, very interesting. I like it alot, please update. I really want to see what's gonna happen next.
Akseel chapter 17 . 4/11/2007
Ah - it had been a long time, but I got to read four chapters in a row ! And I loved them. Poor Shanks, you're not making it easy on him, are you ? And these kids are really special... I was wondering, won't some of the teachers be suspected as well ? I mean, for instance, Shanks just got there and he has no qualifications, but he has not even been interrogated... (and if they find out he's a pirate, he might end up in trouble). Well, just a thought. At any rate, I love this story and I'm looking forward to next chapter !

And - Rybbo pendrtyo !
Toadette23 chapter 17 . 4/9/2007
Awesome chappie! The mayor is such a frickin asswipe! He deserved what he got! I can't believe the class got arrested! I wonder what happens to them... Oh well, guess I gotta find out don't I? Update soon!
Toadette23 chapter 15 . 3/22/2007
Sweet chappie! And happy b-day to you! Have a good one!
Akseel chapter 13 . 2/23/2007
Another chapter, yeah ! It was pretty nice, and I knew you'd make Shanks sing ! I'm glad you explained what American Idol is, too, because I had never heard of it. I just regret a bit that you didn't write if he sang well or not, but it was so funny when the kids assumed Shanks was gay !

I found it a bit weird that he didn't step in to prevent Kurt and Elie from beating Lynn up, even though she's annoying. Well, he did, but it took him quite some time. Ah, well, I guess he's a ruthless pirate At any rate, I had a lot of fun reading this chapter, and I'm very much looking forward to the next !
Emma Iveli chapter 12 . 2/15/2007
(Laghs very hard) I'm sorry... I love the hidden Simpsons Referncre with Kyler's sotry... it sounded a lot like a scary story Homer once tried to tell in the 3rd Halloween Speical... I've been meanign to use a simalr joke in one of my fanfics too... great job...
Akseel chapter 12 . 2/15/2007
I can't believe chapter 11 came up and I didn't notice ! The alert message was probably sent in the spam box by mistake... Well, the good part is that I got to read chapter 11 AND 12, which was great. I really love this story, the scenario is nice, and you're really hard on poor Shanks, but it's a lot of fun. So he's going to have a part in the play ? Haha, I can just see that. And this storm sounds really bad... I'm kinda worried for Shanks' crew though. In their ship it must be pretty bad, but there's nothing Shanks can do anyway... I wonder how long this storm will last. Maybe long enough for our favourite red-haired pirate to teach some more maths to these hellraisers, who knows.

At any rate, seems like they are starting to respect him - they're even obeying him to some point. The night will probably be weird, though - hopefully, none of them snores...

I'm very much looking forward to chapter 13 !
JuggsGotYa chapter 11 . 2/9/2007