Reviews for Raised Like Warriors
Sera and Tails chapter 21 . 2/25/2007
"Yes!" Sammy said from the back, but more to be contrary than anything else." It's obvious that Sammy has held onto those qualities in his adult life as well! :D

One more chapter to go!

Sera and Tails chapter 20 . 2/24/2007
Broke my heart, this chapter. Minor spelling error: losing doesn't have double o's. Other than that it was awesome.

Cheers,

Sera (who is valiantly trying to stay awake to read the whole thing in one go!)
Sera and Tails chapter 19 . 2/24/2007
"Dean joked with one of the Peterson girls, seemed to be rehashing his illness in horrifying detail. The girl turned away in disgust, Dean flashed his trademark grin." This reminds me of Calvin, from Calvin and Hobbes... Heh.

"Sam draws John out of the melancholy with his neediness, while Dean supports him in it with his understanding." Totally agreed with ya there.

Sera and Tails chapter 17 . 2/24/2007
JESUS!

*rolling on the floor with laughter*

Then the Hunter came and killed all the evil witches." He quickly used the red crayon to X out the witchs smiling face. "And all the kids got to go home safely... though they were in BIG trouble when their dad found out." LMAO...Great chapter!
noname32 chapter 22 . 2/24/2007
very good, i like it alot. Update soon I love this story. i love baby sammy and little dean. I like john too he is a good father. Update soon...cant wait for the next chapter.
Sera and Tails chapter 15 . 2/24/2007
Hahaha...clowns are freaky.

"There were times when John felt like splurging on childcare—like the time he had spent two hours going out of his mind while Sam slept blissfully unaware in the closet" LMAO...oh god the times I can think of my nephew doing the same thing. We went out of our minds.

All I could think about in this chapter was poor Dean left with those dumb kids in school while John and Sammy were having fun. :(

Sera and Tails chapter 14 . 2/24/2007
“Hey buddy,” John managed. “I’m sorry I snapped.”

Dean nodded, blowing out a nervous breath. “It’s okay, Dad.” He replied, putting on a brave face." I loved that moment because it reminded me of what John's parting words to Dean in IMToD.

Lovely as usual

Sera and Tails chapter 13 . 2/24/2007
Just a little concrit: 'Impala' should be capitalized.

Sera and Tails chapter 12 . 2/24/2007
"There was a man in the small, bright kitchen which Sam took to be his father—in his defence the the odds were in his favour. Almost all of the men in Sams life were his father."

Ha, awesome!

I've never been entertained so much by a story that has so little Dean. (I'm a Dean girl through and through) I adore baby Sammy.

Sera and Tails chapter 11 . 2/24/2007
I love this chapter, especially: "He felt the strangers eyes upon him, the father and his too-old children. Even the toddler was solemn as he clung desperately to his father’s shoulder, eyes wide." Lovely imagery. And baby Sammy slays me every time...

Sera and Tails chapter 9 . 2/24/2007
*melts into a puddle of fluffy goo* Dean baking a cake, Sammy and his baby talk. Aw, I'm totally getting soft... Loved it all.

From one of the previous chapters: "John looked critically at the dusty shag and thought maybe they should get a vacuum… or something." That is -so- like a man. Dead on characterisation there, haha!

Sera and Tails chapter 5 . 2/24/2007
Hi! A comprehensive review for the first 5 chapters (I'd review every one but my fingers are cramping!)

M'not much on Wee!Chesters stuff, but I thought I'd give this a try. I am so glad I did! Very adorable Sammy, perfection on little Dean (my heart broke when there wasn't any juice for him! aw!) but even better is a wonderful insight into John's world. I can only imagine what it must've been like for him, and I think you've done an awesome job thus far.

I never did agree with the fics that portrayed John as an abusive bastard. It's obvious, while he was not perfect, that he loved his sons and it's lovely the way you show it through his simple actions.

I love the image of John showing up on Elkins' doorstep with Sam in his arms and Dean in tow. Perfect!

SilverKitsune1 chapter 22 . 2/24/2007
I really liked all the small detail that you threw in here about John's panic peeking through his training. Like this line:

"Pausing to painfully empty his stomach in the bathroom, he caught a glimpse of himself in the mirror."

And how right after he finds Dean he has to remember "how to breath correctly".

The last line also really got me because that sort of hits the nail on the head when it comes to a part of John's character. He's a brave man who has a tendancy to run away from certain things when they deal with his sons and so he is at the same time a bit of a coward.

Got to say that I love this story more with each chapter.
Phx chapter 22 . 2/24/2007
I still think it is sad that John thinks Dean is the only thing that makes his life worth living...

You will probably get people saying that John should not have spanked Dean or that he was being too harsh but honestly Dean did need to be reprimanded. He snuck out of the house and ran away. Yes, he was trying to get home but he should have just called his father.

And I was right. I figured he'd try to go home.
SilverKitsune1 chapter 21 . 2/24/2007
"Why do dey take their shoes off?" Sam asked skeptically from his perch on John's hip.

Josh's mom smiled at that, which only seemed to enhance the awkwardness. "Hello there," she cooed at Sam, who quickly became shy and hid his face in his dad's shoulder. John patted him absentmindedly on the back.

Aw! Sammy is such a cute kid. I love how you wrote John's sudden realization at the amount of time Dean spends taking care of Sam.

And let me tell you! There had better be a new chapter soon! You can't leave us here like that!

288 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »