Reviews for Raised Like Warriors
Phx chapter 23 . 4/8/2007
Aw what a sweet chapter. It was sad but sweet. Already you can see that Dean is a bit more adaptable while Sam just wants a home. Very nice scene between John and Sam at the end - and nice recognition of John hoping he could be enough for Sam. I have seen stories that deal with a young Dean and his loss of his mother, but very few even brush at the fact that as a baby, Sam losing his mother - the person that a baby depends so much on - would also have an affect on him.

John would be lost though without those boys. Both of them. They do give him something to focus on other than his what he lost.

Phoenix
pinkphoenix1985 chapter 23 . 4/8/2007
great part!
YourOnlyBelle chapter 1 . 3/15/2007
Please update soon. I love this story...I read it again when I need a fix!
Third Stage chapter 22 . 3/11/2007
an amazing story. there aren;t really enough stories about John out there, and this one really highlights the emotions afters mary's death. I love the way you humanise John in the way he deals with Sam and Dean. In so many stories, John is portrayed as this hard, cruel man who doesn't like his sons showing emotions, but i love the way you turn that around in this story. its really given me a soft spot for John, and its made me think about how it really must have been.

Thanks for a wonderful story! i can't wait to find out what else you have planned for this story!

Great stuff!
talon81 chapter 22 . 2/25/2007
wow poor little dean! another great chapter! I love your stories! :)
BlackIceAngel chapter 14 . 2/25/2007
I could just imagine a young Dean in school before he mastered the 'normal' act.
jrallfan chapter 22 . 2/25/2007
Excellent writing! I just read this from beginning to end and I couldn't stop reading! You've captured the heart of the Winchester's beautifully! Can't wait to read the next installment! Great Job!
YourOnlyBelle chapter 22 . 2/25/2007
It didn't come out awkwardly at all, it was wonderful. John's worry...his paranoia. I love how you show him to actually be a good father, because a lot of people seem to think he was a crappy dad. He was a good dad who made a lot of bad decisions that he thought were good at the time. Even he has (sort of) admitted this.

Love this fic...love it. It's the story alert I look forward to seeing in my inbox the most!
Darktales chapter 18 . 2/25/2007
I just found this story and started to read. so far 18 chapters straight. I will finish the rest tommorrow, a gal has gotta sleep.

I am enjoying the story, though I'd love to see John dealing with a sick Sam or something too. I dearly loved the chapter about the clowns. The image of litte Sammy almost scaling his father because he was afraid is very sweet.

You write the children beautifully, both Dean and Sam. They are very realistic as both a little boy and a toddler, and you give just enough details for us to see exactly what is happening without it being too much. You have a very nice writing style.

This is definitely a Dean story as there is more about John and Dean's relationship than anything else. I know Sam is only a baby but baby's get into things too. Especially a fearless baby like Sam.

I have to admit it broke my heart when I read that last line about Dean being all John's got. What is Sammy then? Chicken feed? Or perhaps, more accurately, John's burden.

I like the way you wrote Pastor Jim too.

I can't wait to catch up with the rest of the story tommorrow :)
Sam666 chapter 22 . 2/25/2007
Two Amazing Chapters, I loved the John and Sam moments they were very sweet.
pinkphoenix1985 chapter 22 . 2/25/2007
great part!
Sera and Tails chapter 22 . 2/25/2007
Well written and heart-breaking. Wish I could think of something more original and praise-worthy but my eyes have been reduced to slits and my brain's all fuzzed with sleep.

"They hadn't even put down salt rings! They were gonna die for sure." Boy, poor Dean. That boy's got issues.

Can't wait for the next installment. Outta curiosity, is this ever gonna go beyond 1984?

Sera and Tails chapter 21 . 2/25/2007
"Yes!" Sammy said from the back, but more to be contrary than anything else." It's obvious that Sammy has held onto those qualities in his adult life as well! :D

One more chapter to go!

Sera and Tails chapter 20 . 2/24/2007
Broke my heart, this chapter. Minor spelling error: losing doesn't have double o's. Other than that it was awesome.

Cheers,

Sera (who is valiantly trying to stay awake to read the whole thing in one go!)
Sera and Tails chapter 19 . 2/24/2007
"Dean joked with one of the Peterson girls, seemed to be rehashing his illness in horrifying detail. The girl turned away in disgust, Dean flashed his trademark grin." This reminds me of Calvin, from Calvin and Hobbes... Heh.

"Sam draws John out of the melancholy with his neediness, while Dean supports him in it with his understanding." Totally agreed with ya there.

300 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »