Reviews for To Embrace The Sky
general zargon chapter 13 . 6/7/2013
...Okay, after that ending I think I want to punch Jarlaxle in the face, just like Rathad probably does. ;P I really enjoyed this story, even if it was slightly confusing in places (are you planning on doing something with the ghosts?) and I loved your descriptions of Artemis's change from Artemis Entreri to Rathad-doesn't-have-a-last-name-yet. :) I also like his personality change, and his strange fondness for Shadir - not to mention the sword's fondness for him. Leave it to Rathad to wind up with the safest sword in the world, LOL. :P I'm not ashamed to admit that I sniffled in more than a few places when you explored your version of Jarlaxle's past, the poor drow. In regards to this last chapter, I enjoyed Rathad's comment about being lazy when he can afford to, LOL. Please keep up the amazing work, and I hope you write more for this fandom!
Nuitari Aquarius chapter 13 . 3/24/2007
My my...

It's really dangerous what you have written. And I've got some things to say.

To begin, your writing is stunning, really good, fascinating, amazing, well, excellent. You have a great talent to describe emotion, torments, doubts, and will.

Then, I must admit that I've read your 4 fictions since Trying Too Hard, and I'm not stopping ! I really like how you develop the characters of Jarlaxle and Artemis because it's different from what is already written and known.

HOWEVER, something is really out of the place. Rathad. No. Really, it's an error. How can you steal Artemis's name just in order to help your fiction ? How can you forget what makes him what and who he is ? Great mistake.

Bah ! It's done, past and gone, but I do hope, in the future, that you will give Artemis his name back.

Thank you for all.
Lessiehanamoray chapter 13 . 10/10/2006
Cute ending there. I was kind of expecting a line like that. By the way, it's 'Calishite' not 'Calimshine'.
Nariel chapter 11 . 10/5/2006
“Rathad may cut off a few limbs, or stab you in the stomach, but what you do afterwards in the way of medical care is your problem.”

*snickers* Should I say it's an improvement? *lol* Ah, so IC. That's our Artemis.

I love this dark humor. And your ficcie.
Lessiehanamoray chapter 10 . 10/3/2006
Interesting chapter. A bit more angst than I actually like, but still fairly in character. I especially liked Artemis's final response to it all.
Lessiehanamoray chapter 9 . 9/26/2006
I read this a while before now, but figure that I should review. I have to say that I'm not the only one to think that Jarlaxle and Zak might have been lovers. I also want to say that I like your portrayel of Zaknafien Do'Urden.
jarltreri chapter 1 . 9/17/2006
I love love love your series, keep up the good work. On a slightly less relevant note, "Comfort" by Carbon Leaf is a frighteningly appropiate accompaniment to the story/jarlaxleartemis relationship in general. Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing more!
Lessiehanamoray chapter 7 . 9/9/2006
Once more you do a good job with the thoughts of these characters and I find myself looking forward to what's next.
Lessiehanamoray chapter 6 . 9/5/2006
I liked your opinion on why Jarlaxle left Kimmuriel the orginization. He respects what Kimmuriel did instead of feeling anger. I also liked that they both asked the question they did and look forward to more.
Lessiehanamoray chapter 5 . 9/1/2006
I appreciate the fact that at the end it's "I think I love you." That's what really makes sense for Jarlaxle to say. I also like how Entreri was connecting everything and finally decided that a lot of it was a desire to be free from anyone.
Lessiehanamoray chapter 4 . 8/28/2006
Not a bad version of Entreri's father, and I liked what Jarlaxle thought about it. It's very true as a whole.
Lessiehanamoray chapter 3 . 8/27/2006
Ah, the scene one keeps waiting for even in the actual book timeline. The official scene of prying when Jarlaxle decided he must finally simply ask. I've often thought it's a scene that would in fact come from lots of information and finally just needing to sort it out. I thought there were a few too many curse words throughout the letter, but overall it got the point across very well. *shudders*
hakatri chapter 3 . 8/26/2006
And now Jarlaxle has to sort through this mess? I really don't envy him.

I support the idea of getting a new hat though:) why not some hair too while we're at it? Ah well... would be nice, but I guess that'll never happen. Pity.
SilverWolf7 chapter 2 . 8/23/2006
Wee! Artemis' inner child is escaping with the aid of a sword. And it's hilarious really. I especially liked the "It wanted to follow him around and cut things" line XD
hakatri chapter 2 . 8/22/2006
"It was like his pet. It wanted to follow him around anywhere and cut things."

Nearly made fall off the chair that one. Very funny:)

I must admit though, that I find the happy Entreri faintly unsettling, like he's possibly going to explode or something. Maybe I just need time to get used to him though.