Reviews for They Hadn't Been Close
deeplyshallow chapter 1 . 5/8/2011
So, so lovely. I don't care that Shell's a serial rapist in Son of a Witch, I really do feel his pain and for him here.

This is just so beautiful.
Kanoi-chan chapter 1 . 10/21/2007
Wow, just wow... That was really powerful. I love it!
Megan chapter 1 . 9/13/2007
I love this. Wonderfully written, and it paints a lovely picture of young Elphaba with her guard down (a little). This Shell and Glinda need to go to a pub and raise a glass for the person no one knew but them.
Valieara chapter 1 . 9/8/2007
Again, a lovely insight into Elphaba in terms of her brother - a character never really expanded on. One can never have enough of Elphaba in terms of Glinda (and vice versa), but seeing her from another viewpoint is different in a very good way. Wonderful job.

(And purely out of curiosity, do you intend to write any more for this fandom?)
Marie of Romania chapter 1 . 5/21/2007
Loved it! Shell was very in character, it was very believable.

I wish I could find more fics on Shell, I find him very interesting...

Oh well! Loved the fic, and love your writing style!

RG
The Phantom's Muse chapter 1 . 10/4/2006
Oh! This was so sweet! Poor Shell! I really liked it! . *Saves to Favorites*
swordsrock chapter 1 . 9/28/2006
Yes, again.

But...OMG, you actually go back and FIX the typos? *dies in a very good way* NO one fixes their typos when I point them out! But you do! OMG!

You totally win at life. No, you know what? You not only win, you get a high score. Now all you have to do is enter three initials and be immortalized forever...somewhere. Somewhere...game-of-life-ish. In big, bold letters.

Yeah, I'm not insane...*_*
Witchwithsoul chapter 1 . 8/21/2006
yes I do believe wow is the right word for this, I'm not one who like's shell but this makes you wonder 'What was it like, having the wicked witch of the west for a sister' I mean it's really know wonder he is how he is, two witches for a sister, no mother and a preacher for a father. Probably was hard. Awsome job with this.
Fabie chapter 1 . 8/20/2006
I love this. I always love perspectives on Shell and Elphaba, but this one is particularily thoughtful and well-written. Good job. :)
elphabathedelirious32 chapter 1 . 8/20/2006
Wow. This was amazing, especially since I was just thinking about Shell. Incredible.
OO7O chapter 1 . 8/20/2006
wow. Nice hand. I will give you that, that that was a nice hand at Shell. I've never seen Shell before. But, this is just wonderfully written. Seriously.

I liked the fragments, they were placed at the right spots.

I loved the way you described Elphaba from Shell's point of view.

you almost made Shell likable.

Almost.

and that's saying a LOT.

great job.
thinofsubstance chapter 1 . 8/19/2006
This...wow. It...wow.

I haven't read SoaW or given much thought to Shell, but...wow. He sounds so absolutely perfect and so...himself, and so...just...amazing. I overuse amazing, I know, but I mean it.

And OMG is that a typo! Le gasp! "Shell's FIRST found itself on the other side of the window..." Fist, I'm thinking.

Aha! So you ARE human after all and not some minor deity come down to bless the Wicked section! Cools. Unfortunately, it means that I can't worship you. Darn. Hm... This is a dilemma. I'll settle for simply bowing down to your mighty canon-ness skills.

Favorited, OF COURSE. Psh, like I ever wouldn't favorite something written by you. :P