Reviews for Fifth
Sailor GaOn Donut chapter 1 . 3/23/2013
nice and sad. bitter yet hopeful.
calliopechild chapter 1 . 1/25/2011
Lovely job. You have a depressing habit of killing off all the characters I like (except Sasuke, I can only thank you for that one), but even then, I really enjoy your Naruto fics. Your tone and voice are great, and I really like your Tsunade. Shikamaru is an interesting choice for Hokage, but the way you write it, I can absolutely see him and Sakura holding the village together through sheer brilliance and stubbornness. And the ending is lovely, so kudos on that.

Basically, thank you for a great read! :)
Tanith Draven chapter 1 . 1/5/2008
Eloquent sums it up nicely. The ending is not hideous but I understand your dissatisfaction with it. I think that it sums the pience up nicely and gives it a polished, completed feel.

Good work
fairybitch chapter 1 . 11/2/2007
this is extremely thought provoking, especially with that everyone assumes that naruto will become the sixth hokage, nice twist and good descriptions of the roles that sakura and shikamaru play
Planet Mads chapter 1 . 3/10/2007
Another fantastic piece. I'm glad you did a prequel to 'Sixth.' This is really good. I loved al the 'Hero' bits. And the way Tsunde contemplates everything. I really liked the idea for her death though. Hos she'd never been a Hero, etc. It was brilliant.
Destiny1029 chapter 1 . 2/7/2007
I LOVE IT! Why are there not more reviews here! This story made my jaw dropped, it had me hooked! I'm off to read another of your stories!

_ GREAT job.
dreamlifter chapter 1 . 1/28/2007
wow, just wow. totally didn't expect any of this. Great story!
Mazzie May chapter 1 . 1/21/2007
You know, it's really not fair; I've had five people recommend you to me and when I finally get a chance to scope you, not only do I find you're fantastic, but you're totally underappreciated. What is that nonsense?

Your writting is clear, clean, enjoyable, believable and promises entertainment. Everything I've read seems to be in character and you have the best voice for Shikamaru I have ever come across. Grant it, I'm aware this is a Tsunade story, but this is the last story of yours I've read and I'm just making the general point.

I'm passing the word along. You deserve the attention.

-Mazzie May
Essyllus chapter 1 . 11/19/2006
vampirepenguin, I think you are a bit underestimated... I really, really liked this and I'm left wondering why there aren't anymore reviews for "Fifth". *shrugs*

The characterization is accurate, and I liked the style of the piece. The conclusion is oddly peaceful and optimistic.

Sad that you had to kill off Naruto though.
Katterree Fengari chapter 1 . 11/7/2006
damn you killed Naruto...well, I suppose it needed to be done...for all the filler episodes he's becoming mary sue-esque...

I've always thought ShikaSaku was an interesting pairing...Though you have it different since it's all Tsunade's point of view.

You did very well to give a worn and tired tone. Also, I like the theme of cycles- since it works so well with the sannin and their apprentices. Nice.
een nihc chapter 1 . 8/20/2006
I've read both 'Sixth'and 'Fifth'.I personally prefer the latter maybe because I can relate to Tsunade's POV better. I understand that she never sees herself as a hero. But hey, she is the first female Kage. She doesn't become one for nothing.

I'm glad that you wrote this piece. It sort of explains why Shika was choosen as the sixth.

About the ending, maybe you can write something to tie it back to your first line or theme. Suggestion: "Tsunade is still not a hero but at least she tries this time."

Meh, mine sounds lame but at least I tried. P
Trenchcoatgirl-Kyo chapter 1 . 8/19/2006
WOW. Just WOW. You should write Tsunade more often... awesome job on this.